Are you FOR or Against what is happening at the Hall of Fame Village

Are you FOR or AGAINST what is happening at the Hall of Fame Village??

• FOR

Votes: 49 90.7%
  • AGAINST

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IUDOGS

It's April 15, 2022

Are you FOR or AGAINST what is happening at the Hall Of Fame Village??

:cool: :D ;) :p :unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

The Idea of it can only be a good thing.
Last years youth football tournaments seemed to be a success in which there were a couple of out of state teams.
“IF” what is proposed is successful, only good can come from it.
Even though construction continues…..No one knows if it will work or not till completed.

I absolutely didn’t/don’t like the Idea of Canton Mckinley getting pushed aside from all this.
Build them a new school and a new stadium that they can call home…….
FOR

The Idea of it can only be a good thing.
Last years youth football tournaments seemed to be a success in which there were a couple of out of state teams.
“IF” what is proposed is successful, only good can come from it.
Even though construction continues…..No one knows if it will work or not till completed.

I absolutely didn’t/don’t like the Idea of Canton Mckinley getting pushed aside from all this.
Build them a new school and a new stadium that they can call home…….
FOR
I can go with this.

Many decades ago I lived a few blocks from there. Honest question- how could someone oppose what is happening (or has happened) at the Hall of Fame? Where’s the downside?

Honest question- how could someone oppose what is happening (or has happened) at the Hall of Fame?
This post will probably open the floodgates, but here goes.

It's just pure jealousy from that city 6 miles to the west. They barely acknowledge the fact that the Hall of Fame (village or not) is here.

Fun fact: The first item of business at the meeting in 1920 that created the NFL, the owners approved letting the Massillon pro team to go dormant for the 1920 season.

It's just pure jealousy from that city 6 miles to the west. They barely acknowledge the fact that the Hall of Fame (village or not) is here.

Fun fact: The first item of business at the meeting in 1920 that created the NFL, the owners approved letting the Massillon pro team to go dormant for the 1920 season.
No it’s not. I hope the village works out. I have worked over there during the construction since the beginning the hate from Massillon is completely directed at my2liesallthetime and his fake knowledge of anything going on over there.

Correct! That is the elephant in the room.

And most of the noise is coming from the two biggest Massillon "fans", #82 and JLP. (I believe Maxie is with them but he hasn't been as vocal.) These guys are SO wrapped up in this Canton-Massillon rivalry that they can't see straight. To them, if it's good for Canton, it HAS to be bad for Massillon.

And most of the noise is coming from the two biggest Massillon "fans", #82 and JLP. (I believe Maxie is with them but he hasn't been as vocal.) These guys are SO wrapped up in this Canton-Massillon rivalry that they can't see straight. To them, if it's good for Canton, it HAS to be bad for Massillon.
I told you before, leave me out of your twisted opinions. I have never posted any derogatory posts concerning the HOFV project. Yet, you make accusations. The problem with you and your anti-Massillon rhetoric always causes trouble. Here you go again.

I told you before, leave me out of your twisted opinions. I have never posted any derogatory posts concerning the HOFV project. Yet, you make accusations. The problem with you and your anti-Massillon rhetoric always causes trouble. Here you go again.
I think this reply ⬆️ comes across as somewhat less than a resounding 'FOR' vote for the work being done on the Hall of Fame Village.

Fun Fact
first year of the turfs the HOF had a youth football tourney teams from Baltimore, Philly, Harlem, and Richmond were present as well as others. The parents couldn't believe our "low" cost of living here in Stark County. I stopped in that day as it was nice and it wasn't soccer. The concession stand being ran by I think some Mck players couldn't keep anything in stock - got wiped out. These soccer tourneys are pulling from all over, talked to a guy at gas station from just outside Columbus up for one, and drove over and seen license plates from Cuyahoga county.

I think the people will show for whatever they do, if these concerts were not making money they wouldn't keep having them. I think the hotel on site is the next step to making things happen. I am betting we aren't even discussing half the ideas and plans that will unfold as things continue to be worked upon. The dome is happening and according to the Rep report there will be current clientele from the old sports dome to start its usage. The future is looking bright for Canton, THE HALL OF FAME CITY!!!
now they need a real good strip bar to finish the project... LOL!!!! just kidding, it's a pretty cool thing that they got going there!!

Jealous of what ?
Do you know why the Massillon pro team went dormant for the 1920 season ? How about what happened in 21 and 22 ?

Is it the elephant in the room or the devil is in the details ? Which one of the 1960’s phrases are you going to use next.
Don’t speak for me because you clearly don’t have a gd clue.
So wrapped up “in this Massillon- canton rivalry” do you mean the one that has been going on for more then 125 years ?
Are we more wrapped up in that or are you more wrapped up in Massillon ?

HOF Village sucks. Waste of $$$. I know a lot of McK alums who hate it, hate the new stadium and say how it doesn't even seem like McKinley anymore.

Frankly I could care less. I am basing it on people I know in real life and the money being spent ERRR being wasted.

HOF Village sucks. Waste of $$$. I know a lot of McK alums who hate it, hate the new stadium and say how it doesn't even seem like McKinley anymore.

Frankly I could care less. I am basing it on people I know in real life and the money being spent ERRR being wasted.
I have heard this very thing from actual McKinley fans, they are disgusted that CCS gave all control of basically everything to the HOFV.

Fun fact: The first item of

Jealousy? Lol

I am completely for the HOFV. I hope it works like the planners think it will. What is good for the county is also good for Massillon.

As far as your last paragraph goes, people talk about Massillon fans living in the past. You are referencing something from the 1920's. Hypocrisy anyone??

Since we're already committed, definitely for it. But let's make sure it doesn't look tacky and fits in with CANTON, not the HOF. Cooperstown is really nice. We needn't look like a bunch of hicks in comparison, you know? No more gigantic football fountains or whatever.

For it as long as it's worth it. You can throw good money after bad at a project to get it built. Doesn't mean it's worth it.

My biggest issue is that the high school next door gave up control of their stadium for this project and there isn't a hint of their tenancy when I was there for a game last year. That in and of itself should be an embarrassment for Canton.