Dublin Coffman 2022

So seeing the Browns touchdown reminds me of the play action effectiveness and career year Keenum and Stefanski had back in 2017. I feel that Baker should have been shut down about since the middle of the year and I don't think its a stretch they could have won 10 games this year. Bad move by Stefanki which may have cost the Browns a playoff spot this year.

So seeing the Browns touchdown reminds me of the play action effectiveness and career year Keenum and Stefanski had back in 2017. I feel that Baker should have been shut down about since the middle of the year and I don't think its a stretch they could have won 10 games this year. Bad move by Stefanki which may have cost the Browns a playoff spot this year.
Him Not shutting it down cost them a playoff berth and more importantly ME an season win total. OVER 9.5 (. Early as it git bet to 10.5 ). ?. My only loss on the futures(. 3 wins in the books and two
Pending but can only push at worst )

Former Rock CJ Saunders with 2 catches for the Carolina Panthers. Who would have bet that one! Congrats to him as well as Mr. Bailey.
Didn't play football in HS until JR. year . Made a few plays as a Junior then was part of that excellent stable of guys in 2014[Marcinick , Rankin and Granlund} who pushed state finalist Wayne to the final whistle. Great story. Ullery was a great WR coach for those guys and others. They knew how to get open and Ullery coached them well. Haven't seen that level of route running since he left. Kids just run right into the coverage, have little to no nuance or moves, [Change of pace, change of direction to get some separation, selling the opposite route and cutting hard, lack of comeback routes getting some separation without being faster than your opponent etc. } A natural athlete and a great competitor who has made himself into what he is doing now.

A big day again with some nice winners with Cowboys - 6 [team total, lost game total} Jags + 14.5 [Lost with Indy 3 team teaser} came in easily, New Orleans covered the 4 easily [ML Parlay as well, Had SF + 5.5 but lost the hedge with Rams - 3.5} New England continues to struggle down in Miami and the Fins getting 6.5 was a bad line and we took advantage. Getting on Pittsburgh a bit later not getting the best price but the 4 was enough in a game we opined was going to be pretty low scoring [hit the UNDER as well} as Ben continues for one more game [They aren't beating KC}. Browns -Bengals stayed under even with Keenum playing pretty well. Browns should have shut Baker down 6-7 weeks ago as we have been saying for a while now. We got the 44 number, and it did get to 37 which was a push for those who got that bad number.

Futures didn't end the way we wanted yesterday but with the hedges and the three big wins we made a nice profit. Really solid end of the NFL regular season for us and a winning year overall. Like Georgia to win the Natty tonight as you know, and my instincts say UNDER but the games between these two teams and the games in general in CFB with the talent level like this going UNDER is not a great play no matter how you handicap it. I said 27-20 or may be 28- 24? UGA which keeps it UNDER but not going to play it. Just sit back and watch UGA try to get that monkey off of their back and if not now? When? They will play much better than that first game where Bama had much more incentive.

Once again, the NFL product delivered big time. The Rams - 49ners game was a play-off game in terms of intensity and level of play. Rams blowing a 17-0 was unfortunate, but this team is still very dangerous and to me they likely head to Lambeau in a couple weeks and are a live dog if that game transpires. They have more talent, more weapons and a better defense. Thier QB makes more mistakes, and the weather probably helps GB, but Stafford has certainly played a lot of games at Lambeau and in weather. This being said Arizona is 8-1 on the road and beat this Rams team by 17 this season in LA. Arizona fading down the stretch going 1-4 and again laid an egg at home. Wilson is healthier and making plays the last few weeks. Mayfield should have shut it down and Wilson probably came back too early.

We weren't involved in the game but the LV Raiders, and LAC game was an all timer. Chargers were 5 of 6 on 4th down and Hebert's late game heroics will be part of his legend even in a losing effort. Chargers blinking and taking a weird TO with 38 seconds could have cost them a tie. Fitting that even after the TO and getting 'HIs best run stop set up out there, STILL gave up 10 yards knowing full well they were running the rock. Their big weakness got them beat late and they miss the play-offs as a result. Couldn't stop the run all year. Staley never improved the defense. Did they really upgrade their coaching situation? I certainly thought they did early on. But during the course of the season it is apparent that Staley has some work to do as a coach [4th and 1 on your own 18 cost you 3 points} . Numbers don't lie here , the Bolts defense is BAD and didn't improve.

Football Gods were out in full force as Big Ben gets another week. The aging lumberjack of a QB, whose likes we may not see again in the NFL as the big lumbering, less mobile, swashbuckling Paul Bunyan like QB is giving way to the more mobile sleeker athletic models even if larger [Allen Hebert Lawrence et al} . KC beat them 36-10 and will beat them again, but probably by less this time? 2 TD's seems like a decent bet.

Ravens losing so many guys and their QB and are in pretty much EVERY game, losing some tough ones to play-off teams is one of Harbaugh's best coaching jobs, IMO. Strong culture down there and they compete and play really hard no matter what. Broncos haven't gotten the QB thing right since they used the almost done Peyton Manning who along with a terrific defense got a Super Bowl title. Like a company who used the celerity to pitch their products and it worked out. Wel that guy had a short shelf life, and they needed a new AD campaign and haven't gotten it right since. Not only that, but they have also gotten it terribly wrong. Fangio pays the price. The Patriots losing to Miami late that year helped secure them home field where they edged the Pats. Patriots proved that they aren't good enough to turn the ball over and play from behind. PERIOD! They will compete well and hard vs Buffalo who played a great game in NE winning a huge game, but I am sure they would have rather not seen this team again. Weather is looking cold and may be snow. Wind remains to be seen. Pats need to play cleaner to have a chance.

Colts performance was as bad a display as I've seen in quite some time. Beat some play-off teams and played great at times, but when it came down to it? Wentz gets COVID [Unvaccinated and didn't practice} , gets to play vs. the raiders but is MEH . He was terrible yesterday as was the whole team to be fair. O-Line got beat up, the pass rush was not there, and Taylor only ran the ball 15 times as the team got behind early. Wentz simply isn't a clutch player. He was very good at times during the season, but when he is pushed and shoved? He comes up short. Jags have defended the run well at times as bad as they are and for that reason grabbing the 2 TD's was a a good bet. When they did well against the run what needed to happen? Wentz and the passing game needed to step up and be at least competent. They weren't.

This wasn't a bad team like the Texans who kind of got it together and were playing pretty well late in the season, this was a team that was downright embarrassing the week before and never got it going. Colts were a team no one wanted to see. May be, but they get their wish because the Colts choked big time. Don't like using that term, but no other comes to mind.

Eagles haven't beaten a winning team this year. They are in the play-offs because they almost doubled their rushing attempts per game and were successful doing it. Managing games better and playing to their strengths. TB at home is a large favorite. Not sure about this game yet.

Niners - Cowboys and Cards - Rams are monster games. Great and interesting matchups.

Didn't play football in HS until JR. year . Made a few plays as a Junior then was part of that excellent stable of guys in 2014[Marcinick , Rankin and Granlund} who pushed state finalist Wayne to the final whistle. Great story. Ullery was a great WR coach for those guys and others. They knew how to get open and Ullery coached them well. Haven't seen that level of route running since he left. Kids just run right into the coverage, have little to no nuance or moves, [Change of pace, change of direction to get some separation, selling the opposite route and cutting hard, lack of comeback routes getting some separation without being faster than your opponent etc. } A natural athlete and a great competitor who has made himself into what he is doing now.
where did Ullery go to?

Many coaches are proponents of the process over outcomes approach including Coffman’s coach Stokes . Of course in Saban’s case he has better players to start with than most everyone . The amount that he wins is a testament to this approach .

that could be Stokes talking ...... and if you think about it, it's not about having better players, it's about players buying into the process.... but having Bama type players ...it is a plus..... :)

I'll take Bama if the dawgs can't stop their QB, i think they will be able to stop Bama's run game..... lookin forward to the game

that could be Stokes talking ...... and if you think about it, it's not about having better players, it's about players buying into the process.... but having Bama type players ...it is a plus..... :)

I'll take Bama if the dawgs can't stop their QB, i think they will be able to stop Bama's run game..... lookin forward to the game
The philosophy and focusing on the process over outcomes isn’t about having better players , but he does in
Most cases which along with his leadership and incredible resource$$ and support staff (. Huge number of coaches and staff ) helps explain Bama taking over Collrge football the last dozen years

Yes Bama players buy in . No question. But they also recruit the best players .

Georgia should do better tonight against the pass . ( and rush the passer better ). Georgia was the better team overall this season . Bama played an incredible game in a more desperate situation playing with more urgency . Should beca good one . But like UGA to get the win

UGA couldn’t have played much worse in terms of silly mistakes penalties ,and execution wise and only down 3. Better pass rush and overall defensive intensity and closing speed than the SEC title game obviously but offense needs to stay on schedule .

Neither team can run really effectively . Losing Williams after losing Metchie hurts Bama but their defense is playing lights out . Better than I thought they would . Georgia can win but offense needs to step up .

The offense did step up and made a few big plays when they needed them, defense then sealed the victory with a long pick six (. Deep ball overthrown and a long return ). Holding Bama to FG’s was huge. No question that not having their top two receivers including the Ohio State transfer Williams in crunch time hurt Bama and helped us UGA bettors.

Bama like all powers in CFB have noticed that the name of the game in modern college football is great offense can beat great defense. The top handful of programs have a majority of the best of the best receivers who end up as high NFL draft picks. Difference makers. Saban had them every year. This year at the most important juncture of the season he was missing his best two. Part of the game. Not having Metchie factored into my thinking and then losing Williams was really big. Been on the other end of key injuries affecting games.

Last edited:
NFL coaching shake-ups as expected, but with one notable ridiculous decision. Miami with a real estate Mogul as an owner, runs his franchise like he is flipping properties. Knowing the mindset that real estate guys have that lends itself to big swings and a certain fluidity that exists in markets, patience isn't always a main virtue. Making frequent moves and developing instincts in terms of timing can pay-off. Running a football organization where coaching and leadership continuity is a key factor in achieving success, this mind set is counter-productive, and we have seen that the Dolphins are an organization that just doesn't get it.

Flores had come in to a total trainwreck. A grease fire doused with kerosene. Total rebuild and in need of a culture change. He did that and was doing it. History shows us that even the best of coaches has a jump and improvement when they first get to a new job, then can regress a bit in year three. Building your program and culture TAKES TIME. The Dolphins impatience has been a detriment to their development as an organization and trying to build a consistent winner. They will now start over once again with the same GM who has not been drafting well lately. The Chargers were going to pick Tua if he was available as well but did luck out with the Dolphins taking the limited low ceiling Tua. Flores got it going with the Dolphins in the second half of this season which makes it even more puzzling. The owner saw an either the GM or the HC stays or goes scenario and unfortunately, I think he made the wrong choice, and the Fins will remain irrelevant going forward.

Joe Judge is literally going full Costanza and appears to be trying to get fired. Bizarre utterings, decisions and his team is embarrassing on the field. I mean an old blue blood franchise that is going sideways. The Jets being the more stable and hopeful of the NY franchises is really all you need to say here. He probably stays. lol.

LA Chargers and Indy Colts OUT, Pittsburgh Vegas Baby Raydaz and Philly in? HMM. Staley trying to be the smartest guy in the room and over thinking some things and as a defensive coach having a run defense that didn't improve at all during the season has a lot of work to do in the off-season doesn't, he? Does he amend his 10000 percent into the modern analytics schtick? Does the run defense improve and stop being a fatal flaw? I would, be keeping a close eye on Staley next year because there is no way this team shouldn't be in the play-offs.

Colts beat the Patriots, beat the Cards on the road [OK Arizona is worse at home with no discernable HF advantage} with their entire O-Line banged up [Big win for us in that one grabbing the Colts } beat up the Bills on the ground, but can't beat the Raiders at home , and not only lose to a JAX team with no momentum who had lost 50-10 the week before to a team you beat , but are NEVER in the game? Carson Wentz getting COVID derailed the momentum. The unvaccinated Wentz caught a break with the newly relaxed 5-day quarantine 'Rules" but did the Colts catch a break? Wentz couldn't practice and was clearly not himself or at least a good version of himself. Would the Colts have been better off rallying around the back-up QB Ehlinger? We will never know but Wentz was playing like a back-up the last two crucial weeks as it was. Just a pitiful last couple weeks for the Colts who held so much promise to be a real pain in the butt to deal with in the play-offs.

Steelers Tomlin proves yet again just how good a coach he is. Good Lord is this team a tough watch. Defense is solid obviously, but watching the offense is cringy. Ben throws the ball dozens of times a game, often short of third down marks and a ton behind the line flips as if his arm only has a certain number of real throws in it and he is rationing. Aging QB's not having a running game at all should be illegal. I mean, older Elway has Terrell Davis, Peyton Manning has a great defense and a solid zone scheme running game to fall back on. Ben gets LESS help from his running game as he ages faster than a Progeria sufferer. It is truly an art to be able to throw 45 times and throw for a buck 23 like they did vs. Cleveland. Less than 3 yards an attempt? Smoke and mirrors think Pittsburgh's modus operandi is shaky. KC rolled them by 26 the day after Xmas. How much better will it get this week? Line is 12.5, that sounds about right actually. Not the normal play-off point spread to be sure but is 100 percent appropriate if not fair. Probably over 60 percent of the time this game would be a 14+ KC win. So? Not yet.

Vegas Raiders kind of channeling the early hockey success of the Valley's hockey franchise [ covid year excluded}. Vegas market gets a bit of luck again. Cincinnati with a stud QB instead of Andy Dalton seems poised to get that play-off win, and the Raiders are standing in their way? I have to think that the Raiders clock strikes midnight at some point. Could John Gruden's coaching career end any worse? The racist and awful ugly Gruden emails and unfortunately legacy is tarnished badly. The Raiders continuing to win is further tarnishing his toxic end? Not really, I think most don't think about John much anymore.

Dallas feeling that they needed to beat up the Eagles JV's may be telling. Maybe they needed the flex? The sledding gets a little tougher this weekend even with a subpar SF secondary. Does SF have the necessary energy off of their must win war with their rival Rams? Only question for me. SF with a similar Dalals dynamic is an automatic play getting 3.5 here. More thought is needed though. may be Dallas gets a rare play-off win and wins with a bit of comfort? Not sure.

College football is a tale of two games really. There is one that involves a handful of programs that always get the best of the best players, and when they play each other, the game doesn't resemble other games even amongst top 10-15 teams. The gap is pronounced. The size and speed we saw on display last night is different than what you see in even fairly high-level bowl games. The collisions more savage, the closing speed of the LB's and safety's is NFL like. The top NFL draft choices at Wide receiver are increasingly coming from only a handful of schools, and these schools just so happen to make their way into the final four most often.

Alabama and Saban saw what was going on about 7-8 years ago and surmised that good offense beats good defense. Progressive passing Schemes with NFL type QB talent throwing to difference making Wide outs and tight ends = getting to the top in college football. This winning builds momentum that is akin to a ball rolling down an increasingly steeper hill, and Bama's, LSU's Clemson's and Ohio State's and even Notre Dame lately have the top receiving stables and their guys are drafted first and more often and they are either in the CFB play-offs every year or most year's. Oklahoma model helped get them in a few times with little success because their defense was lacking the ability to even occasionally stop these juggernauts.

If Bama has a healthy Metchie and Williams last night? Nick is hoisting another shiny trophy. PERIOD. That's what college football is now and Saban et al fully embracing it is bad news for all the programs that aren't the top 5-6 programs. Ohio State with their absurd stable of WR's with a revamped and improved defense should get into the play-off along with Georgia and Bama next year. Who will be the fourth is probably the only question? Clemson got the QB thing wrong and has faded a bit, so they are likely out. Who crashes this elite party?

Last edited:
Some interesting trends in wild card weekend that need to be considered. Road teams are on a 14-4 streak winning straight up and are 15-3 ATS. Since 2003 when divisional opponents play each other [ This year it's Pat- Bills and Arizona - LA Rams} the road team is 11=3 ATS. This is the initial thought process for the games. Another really interesting trend in the 3-6 previous paly-off format is on a 15-0 UNDER run.

So, to start underdogs and road teams need to be looked at first. LV Raiders are on a roll, no question and catching 5.5 and may be that price is falling further? The Raiders have been basically playing play-off games for a month now and are 4-0 wining the games by an average of 3 points. Beat the Browns and Nick Mullins 16-14, Denver and Drew Locke 17-13 Indy and Covid Wentz 23-20, and the epic all timer 35-32 over the LAC.

Do the Raiders run out of gas though? I can't help but think this could be a factor. They have been playing to the last snap for over a month now and played and extra quarter late Sunday Night and now get the early Saturday slot? Unfortunate. Defense played 75 snaps. Bengals have gotten away from the run the last two weeks, but Mixon ran well in Vegas [comfortable win on the road} and is the number two rusher in the NFL. Cold is forecasted, wind will be looked at.

The Bengals haven't won a play-off game since 1991. They Marvin/ Red Rifle era couldn't get it done, nor could Carson Palmer who got hurt during one of the games. they are 0-7 and 1-6 against the spread. The Raiders recent history suggest this current club has no play-off experience either. trends say underdogs are the way to go in this type of spot, but the Raiders I feel just may be out of gas? Bengals rested their guys this past week.

Patriots catching 4-4.5 falls into a few strong trends in favor of getting on them Saturday. Have won the previous two meetings ATS taking the pats up there and the Bills in Foxboro in better weather and with a really focused talented team playing with a bit more energy got the job done. I think this one feels like a lower scoring close one. Dog is 5-1-1 in the last 7 between these two. Patriots are rebuilding still. People forget that the team faded a bit and regressed in Tom Brady's last year , and then Tom left for a warmer and more talented weapons rich locale and then COVID hit and the Patriots with not many if any weapons to speak of and a new QB in a new era, struggled at times but finished well and played some play-off teams well. Rookie QB and some free agent help and the team is improved and further along in this new non-Brady era.

Mac Jones struggled a bit early in his initial season, bur progressed well and playing some easier teams thrived as the pats went on a winning streak. He made less mistakes, had more time and the team got leads and they play much better when leading. Mac is still a rookie of course and may have hit a wall as the mistakes and turnovers increased and the team gets behind the last month. Mac will get better; I find it funny that a few pundits surmise that we have seen his 'Ceiling" and this is what he is and will always be. [HE IS A ROOKIE} Yes, his ceiling is lower than some, but his brand of NFL QB is still capable of winning in this league. The funny thing is some of the guys with supposedly higher 'ceilings" don't have the accuracy, the anticipatory throwing instinct, aren't capable of throwing guys open and only pull the trigger when they SEE a guy open at that moment. Thier supposed ceiling is higher because they are better athletes have a stronger arm, and it is hoped that they 'develop" this accuracy and instinct and their field vision will surely get better. HMM, sometimes it doesn't and while they may make HUGE, exciting plays at times, their lacking the aforementioned traits will eventually doom their careers and keep their ceiling closer to basement apartment height while the more efficient guy with better vision and accuracy will win more ballgames over his career. OK off of my soap box and I love the wildly athletic big arm guys as much as anyone. But I also know what wins football games.

Have mentioned what I think of the Steelers chances but laying that many points is still tough [12.5-13.5} . Football gods willed Josh Jacobs to pick up 10 yards when everyone knew they were running that exact play because it wanted Ben to be trotted out one last time. Ben will throw it 40+ times and average about 4 yards an attempt and the Steelers will exit the play-offs gracefully? KC has been covering spreads the second half of the season after a year and a half of not covering. Pittsburgh is still well coached and has a proud defense. They still should give up 27-28 minimum, so how much can Ben be realistically expected to put up? 17 tops? 31-16 gets Chief's backers there. Teaser leg? Looking at the NFC matchups and be back later today.

Joe Judge 'Costanza act " trying to get fired with bizarre rants, made up stories and abysmal performances by his team was successful. The only question now is will this be the " Summer of Joe " or will he get another job? I say he needs to take the time off, loaf for a year and then get back at it because it is clear that he may be a bit stressed and affected by his time there.

Last edited:
Heard interviews for the DC search have been scheduled...

Admin has said they will find teaching position in the building for new hire as needed.

This is a crucial hire for obvious reasons. A lot of work to be done fixing and improving the defense . Especially with the offense losing its really good productive QB. The best RB and top couple receivers .

34 a game given up only 4 turnovers forced in 12 games , Multiple big plays given up (. Looooong runs ) most games , edges rarely being set consistently , and against the three main league rivals ? 40 a game given up losing by an average of 24 points .

Now the good news is many of the opponents offenses lost a lot and the Rocks return a lot of guys who will be better this year and more ready mentally and physically . UA and Davidson lose their most productive guys , Liberty returns a talented QB and a few guys but also loses some folks .

Centerville loses their 4 year starter at QB , McKinley is in turmoil as a program . Westy Central coach stepped down and this year was a disaster as it was and isn’t looking much better going forward . Don’t know much about the St Johns team . Jerome wil be a dog fight . Bradley returns a talented rising Jr QB and some talent so that should be close again . Orange should be a win ? DC hire is huge

I think they should go after Marcus Freeman. He's young, aggressive, a player's coach who has a lot of energy and played at HHW and OSU, so he knows about Coffman and central Ohio. I'm guessing the coaching supplemental probably not enough. On a serious note, I would love for them to find a younger person with those qualities who brings a smart, disciplined, aggressive style of D to the program.

This is a crucial hire for obvious reasons. A lot of work to be done fixing and improving the defense . Especially with the offense losing its really good productive QB. The best RB and top couple receivers .

34 a game given up only 4 turnovers forced in 12 games , Multiple big plays given up (. Looooong runs ) most games , edges rarely being set consistently , and against the three main league rivals ? 40 a game given up losing by an average of 24 points .

Now the good news is many of the opponents offenses lost a lot and the Rocks return a lot of guys who will be better this year and more ready mentally and physically . UA and Davidson lose their most productive guys , Liberty returns a talented QB and a few guys but also loses some folks .

Centerville loses their 4 year starter at QB , McKinley is in turmoil as a program . Westy Central coach stepped down and this year was a disaster as it was and isn’t looking much better going forward . Don’t know much about the St Johns team . Jerome wil be a dog fight . Bradley returns a talented rising Jr QB and some talent so that should be close again . Orange should be a win ? DC hire is huge
how many starters do the Rocks have coming back? about how many players are on the roster?

That's great news for Will Smith. He's come on lately with interest from many schools [Boston College was a nice offer and a school I think he would be a good fit at academically and athletically} and while I knew he would get a ton of offers eventually? I wasn't thinking OSU. Great for him.

Put out a few interesting trends in this weekend's wild card round and the games are very interesting as well. Trends are a tool of course and other fundamental and situational aspects need to be looked at. One situation is the Raiders playing so many snaps last week and going OT on a Sunday night having to play Saturday afternoon in the first game of the play-offs. Bad break. The other thing is the way they have won these games on the edge. 4 straight wins against 3 lesser QB's and they have won the games by an average of three points. The one top QB they played competed 6 4th down passes and carved them up late. Raiders have trouble scoring a lot of points and they may have to tomorrow. Bengals haven't won a play-off game since. Cold weather, Cincy practices outside and Burrow has the weapons to do damage against this secondary who is tired and worn down. They ran out of gas a bit on defense late in the Chargers game.

Think that the Raiders just may be a great story that has to end at some point and that time should be tomorrow. I grabbed the Bengals and LA Rams on a ML parlay, because I feel both of these teams while not large favorites like the Bucs and Chiefs, this gives a nice return for what I think is a really good probability of both of them winning outright. Line is now Bengals -5 and I want to see if it falls to say 4 tomorrow before I play it straight. Probably will play it because of think the Bengals get the play-off monkey off of their back. This is Carr's first play-off game as well.

Played Patriots -Bills UNDER 44, as the Patriots - Bills know each other well, and I think both teams may try and be somewhat successful, so they keep at it for a bit longer. Belichick will make the adjustments, the Patriots offense has regressed a bit, and this one has the feel of a heavyweight fight with a few bombs landed but a lot of hugging and holding as well. Grabbed the 4 points. Patriots always make nice adjustments on both sides of the ball and this game seems like a last possession or two type game.

Like the Niners running ability to gash the Cowboys a bit. League leading 6.1 yards per play, Cowboys 22nd against the run. Run right at speed, and after softening them up, hit the edges and take a few shots across the middle? Will see if it goes to 3.5 [Won't hit 2.5 the other way} , but will play SF at + 3 if that's all that's there.

Cowboys outside playing a team devastated by COVID and the Eagles JV's this past weekend the Boys offense has faded from the fast start they got off to. Niners secondary is suspect, but they can rush the passer. Niners are 7-2 last 9 and the two they lost were winnable and tough losses and Jimmy G did make a few mistakes that cost them especially vs Tennessee [ Tough loss for us}. Cowboys are 6-0 vs. their awful division and MEH 6-5 against the rest. Niners are 7-0 when Jimmy G doesn't throw a pick. Cowboys are good bullies and not great at home.

Weather looks very dicey in Sunday's early game in Tampa. Bucs are - 8-8.5 and the total is now down to 46 [Got 48} , Wind is going to very strong 25- gusts up to 40? We know the weather patterns in Florida can change quick and fluctuate Looking closely. Interesting stat that is very pertinent to this game is the Bucs struggles against stopping QB runs. They are a very stout 3rd in the league overall vs the run BUT they are 4th WORST vs. the rush when QB's carry the mail. Hurts can run. Philly likes to run, A LOT. Wind affecting the passing game much more, adn the Bucs not really tough against rushing QB's is a serious lean towards the 8- 8.5.

Last edited:
A few more stats that have me pondering a play or taking a larger position. Raiders haven't won a game by more than 4 since October 24th. They simply don't have certain advantages that lend itself to comfortably playing on them. The earlier result was a skewed result with Burrow not really doing what he usually does keeps the line lower? { not sure} Raiders are just about out of time , gas and they lose this game by at least 10, 75 percent of the time. Lay the points with the Bengals. The urgency the energy, the number of plays the defense had to play in the weeks to make the playoffs and the clock will strike a huge clang and the Bengals will advance , prosper and will rock to the early 90's when they last won a play-off game .

Last edited:
Hearing that a respected former head coach is going to join the staff. This will help stokes in a lot of ways especially helping him understanding what it takes to compete in the occ.

Good to hear. In any leadership role, one of the toughest things to do is assemble a good staff and assistants. Especially true in a new environment.

That Bengals score vs. the Raiders was a bit misleading really. It was a 3-point game in crunch time, but a couple Raider miscues pushed the score out a bit.
Bengals 27- 16 seems about right to me here.

Derek Carr, playing in his first play-off game, [Raiders made the play-offs a few years back, but Carr got hurt late in the season and Walsh Jesuit's immortal Conor Cook played in that game as back-up McGloin was also hurt. Raiders lost with the immortal third stringer} is 0-5 when the temp is under 32 degrees. This game will be colder than that as it goes on.

Bengals practice in the cold outside almost as much as the Patriots do and residually this is a good thing at this time of year. Being acclimated to making plays in cold and wind when practicing pays dividends later. The Patriot success over the years can be attributed to taking care of a less than tough division, getting a bye and hosting a ton of play-off games, sometimes in the elements that they navigated better than their opponents. Buffalo is built to compete with a Jaguar fast KC club, who they see as their main rival in the conference . New England is built to play smash mouth efficient offense and tough physical defense. Buffalo has better talent and a better more dynamic QB but NE has some physical advantages in small areas on the field. Buffalo was the better team in Foxboro . A couple key plays all went Buffalo’s way . They are winless in one score close games .??

Hearing that a respected former head coach is going to join the staff. This will help stokes in a lot of ways especially helping him understanding what it takes to compete in the occ.

Yep, this will be an interesting hire if he comes to Coffman.