Expressions that I'm sick of hearing

Years ago I had to call an insurance adjuster in another part of the state who had the same last name as mine. When he asked "Do you reckon we're kin?", I couldn't get "NO" out of my mouth fast enough.

Some of the ones in sports that really bother me:
1. Hook-and-ladder... there is NO LADDER ON THE FIELD
2. Using the word "mound" in softball... again, there is NO MOUND on a softball field

From fans (mostly basketball, I guess):
1. Call it both ways!
2. The fouls are 9-2! (Thanks, none of us could read the scoreboard!)
3. Over the back! (There is no such foul called as over the back)

2. Using the word "mound" in softball... again, there is NO MOUND on a softball field

From fans (mostly basketball, I guess):
1. Call it both ways!
2. The fouls are 9-2! (Thanks, none of us could read the scoreboard!)
3. Over the back! (There is no such foul called as over the back)
Three seconds!

Thank you!
Hook and Lateral............receiver runs a hook route (used to be called a button hook), catches ball, then laterals it to trailing team mate.

Oh, HAVE A BLESS-ED DAY.

Versus being modified to verse.

"Who are you versing?" WTF?
Hyped morphing into hype.
This pet peeve of mine is almost along the same lines as the two quoted above, and it doesn't involve a word or phrase that I hear, but I that I see written all too often, especially on sports-related forums such as this.

A person wants to describe an individual or a team that put on a dominant performance, but invariably uses the wrong variation of the word, i.e. "...he was really dominate down the stretch to seal the victory...".

Sounds good. Order anything from any eatery and the server says this. As if I'd order something that sounds awful.

Special. For sports in particular. Once he settles in and learns the system he's going to be a special player. If everything is special then everything is ordinary.

It's ironic that the word "" is not permitted in posts but is permitted in ads on Yappi. I don't like the expression " show." I would never attend one.
1638556735736.png