Whoops..... November Jobs Over 300,000 Shy Of Estimate

Over 1M newly employed people in November. 4.2% unemployment. We don’t need my more new jobs. We are bursting with jobs.

We just need more democrats who would prefer working than sucking off of their fellow citizens.

Expanded benefit’s have been gone for some time now. I’d like to see data that suggests it’s just lazy mooches and not a host of factors converging.

I suspect a chunk of our problem is pandemic accelerated retirement of boomers. I can’t yet prove that with data though.

Expanded benefit’s have been gone for some time now. I’d like to see data that suggests it’s just lazy mooches and not a host of factors converging.

I suspect a chunk of our problem is pandemic accelerated retirement of boomers. I can’t yet prove that with data though.
While I do agree that many people took earlier retirements than originally planned for, it doesn't answer the question as to why restaurants, stores and service related jobs are going unfilled by the millions. Look at any hospital..Food Service, housekeeping and supply room jobs are vacant. that has nothing to do with Boomers retiring early

Reactions: y2h

The vaccine mandate isnt helping either

While I do agree that many people took earlier retirements than originally planned for, it doesn't answer the question as to why restaurants, stores and service related jobs are going unfilled by the millions. Look at any hospital..Food Service, housekeeping and supply room jobs are vacant. that has nothing to do with Boomers retiring early

Bottom of the totem pole (service) jobs will be the last to fill up. It’s also some sort of karmic pay back for many of these employers. Years and years of low wages bad/no benefits and poor working conditions are coming back to haunt a little.

I also think it’s time to stop applying traditional notions of the job market and job seekers to our current situation. zoomers and millennials have different demands and expectations and those things are now driving the work force.

Bottom of the totem pole (service) jobs will be the last to fill up. It’s also some sort of karmic pay back for many of these employers. Years and years of low wages bad/no benefits and poor working conditions are coming back to haunt a little.

I also think it’s time to stop applying traditional notions of the job market and job seekers to our current situation. zoomers and millennials have different demands and expectations and those things are now driving work as we see it.
Disagree. Many of theses companies raised minimum wage at their companies by a ton. Wages are up 4.8% over last year, much of that is due to service related jobs going from 9 to15 bucks an hour.

I also think it’s time to stop applying traditional notions of the job market and job seekers to our current situation. zoomers and millennials have different demands and expectations and those things are now driving the work force.
They have unrealistic expectations

Over 1M newly employed people in November. 4.2% unemployment. We don’t need my more new jobs. We are bursting with jobs.
1638610102275.png

lmao