Division 1 regional final game predictions

Buckeyes11/

Region 1: St Edward Vs Medina

region 2: Marysville vs Springfield

region 3: Upper Arlington vs Pickerington central

region 4: Moeller vs Lakota west

who wins and what’s your score predictions

My personal predictions

St Ed’s 27-24. Allar is the truth but I think Ed’s can get him out of rhythm with pressure and has a better overall team. I like Ed’s close.

Springfield 17-7. Both teams have strong defenses. Marysvilles strength is running the ball yet springfield allows 50 rushing yards a game and has a lightning fast defense. I like springfield in a low scoring one especially with smoot being a dual threat qb.

PC 17-14. I just think the talented pick central defense finds a way to slow down UA and Gillison and Doggette get pressure on the UA

West 21-7. I think moeller is underrated as a title contender but the Lakota west defense might be the best in the state. I think west will score just enough to get by Moeller and advance to the state semis.

Last edited:
If you want to pick Moeller that’s fine. But you’re credibility is gone when you think Lakota West is going to give up 28 or 21. They haven’t given up more than 10 points in any game that isn’t a blowout besides week 1 vs X.

St. Edward 35-21 Eagles hung 42 on McKinley last week
Marysville 21-13
Upper Arlington 24-20
Lakota West 21-6 wasn't totally sold on Moeller.

Medina 35-21
Springfield 17-7
UA 34-14
West 21-6

Interesting clashes of styles in the last 8 teams. Springfield, West, Central, and Marysville seem to be D first teams. Marysville, UA, and PC are run first on offense. Moeller and Springfield have explosive offenses that have underperformed at times. Medina has the best passing game, and it's not really close, and Ed's is solid all around. The final 4 match-ups are going to be really interesting, no matter who wins.

What’s upper Arlington look like? Haven’t seen any film of them are they really that good
RB Gresock has 2100 yds and 33 TDs (central district POY)
QB Monin ave 17 att 11 com 160 yds 28 TDs and 3 picks
WR Cannon many TDs receiving as well as punt returns and kick returns
WR couple other very good ones
Def has been good - 12.0 a game maybe, maybe less

RB Gresock has 2100 yds and 33 TDs (central district POY)
QB Monin ave 17 att 11 com 160 yds 28 TDs and 3 picks
WR Cannon many TDs receiving as well as punt returns and kick returns
WR couple other very good ones
Def has been good - 12.0 a game maybe, maybe less
Just To add the Defensive side of the ball is solid/bend don't break. Very Good LB & DB's, sometime show 3/4 sometime 4/3. D-Line on smaller side but make up for it with quickness and play Gap sound. Coaching staff does a great job of making second half adjustments.

Just To add the Defensive side of the ball is solid/bend don't break. Very Good LB & DB's, sometime show 3/4 sometime 4/3. D-Line on smaller side but make up for it with quickness and play Gap sound. Coaching staff does a great job of making second half adjustments.
That's a good summation of the D. D-line has a couple wrestlers in there that help with toughness and hand fighting.

Region 1: St. Ed's over Medina 45-42. This is going to be a shootout. Ed's can score, averaging over 40 a game. I don't think they will stop Allar and the Medina passing attack much either. Ed's seems to rise to the occasion in these types of games though and make the play to win it.

Region 2: Springfield over Marysville 17-13. Can't get a really good read on this game, but Springfield is the more talented team. Marysville hasn't played a difficult schedule, but they've been dominant.

Region 3: Pickerington Central over Upper Arlington 20-3. Just a huge talent disparity in this game, and I think PC dominates on both lines.

Region 4: Lakota West over Moeller 17-0. I worry about Lakota West's offense doing anything in a big game, but their defense is the best one I've seen in SWO since '07 St. X.

Region 1: St. Ed's over Medina 45-42. This is going to be a shootout. Ed's can score, averaging over 40 a game. I don't think they will stop Allar and the Medina passing attack much either. Ed's seems to rise to the occasion in these types of games though and make the play to win it.

Region 2: Springfield over Marysville 17-13. Can't get a really good read on this game, but Springfield is the more talented team. Marysville hasn't played a difficult schedule, but they've been dominant.

Region 3: Pickerington Central over Upper Arlington 20-3. Just a huge talent disparity in this game, and I think PC dominates on both lines.

Region 4: Lakota West over Moeller 17-0. I worry about Lakota West's offense doing anything in a big game, but their defense is the best one I've seen in SWO since '07 St. X.
I see the Ed's vs Medina game much lower scoring than that. I see a 28-14 or 28-21 type game. But I hope you are right.

Baller - Re: region 3 what insurance got do you have that PC wins by 17 let alone hold UA to 3?
I will take that action if you wanna spot me 14 let alone the 17

Medina 35
St Ed 31

UA 28
PC 14
Tigers not nearly the team they've been the last few years and UA BY FAR the best team they've played. (Elder down, PN good D but no O, Reynoldsburg good O, too many mistakes & pouros D)-hate to say it (PHS class of '85) but I think they're done for this year!

Marysville 10
Springfield 7
First one to double figures wins (maybe even less than that!)

Moeller 17
Lakota West 10

Medina 35
St Ed 31

UA 28
PC 14
Tigers not nearly the team they've been the last few years and UA BY FAR the best team they've played. (Elder down, PN good D but no O, Reynoldsburg good O, too many mistakes & pouros D)-hate to say it (PHS class of '85) but I think they're done for this year!

Marysville 10
Springfield 7
First one to double figures wins (maybe even less than that!)

Moeller 17
Lakota West 10
UA might win, but no way they put up 28 on PC

I’m still waiting for Jballer to elaborate on his prediction based on UA and PC common opponents (Bradley &Reynoldsburg) I will lay money on UA +14 as he predicts as 17 point PC win.. still no comment from JBaller

Region 1: St Edward 35 Medina 34

region 2: Marysville 17 Springfield 14

region 3: Pickerington Central 10 UA 7

region 4: Moeller 28 Lakota west 14

I’m still waiting for Jballer to elaborate on his prediction based on UA and PC common opponents (Bradley &Reynoldsburg) I will lay money on UA +14 as he predicts as 17 point PC win.. still no comment from JBaller
Sorry I'm not pining over your every post. I simply think Upper Arlington isn't that good and hasn't been tested. Yes, their results and Pickerington Central's are comparable, but Pickerington Central is the significantly more talented team, particularly on defense. They have also been in consecutive state championship games, so they've been there. I don't think that Upper Arlington's RPO offense will work when PC's defensive line is in the backfield every play and Sonny is lurking over the middle. Pick Central just held Pick North to 60 total yards and 0/13 on 3rd down. North's only points were on a pick-6. They've only allowed 100 yards rushing twice this season, so I don't think the holes will be there for Gresock. Upper Arlington has had success because they have a decent line, a good running back, and a QB that can make decisions that allows them to run a complex offense for the high school level. That breaks down when you're not able to block the defense.