WHO comes out of region 4?

Havenwood

ST X
Moeller
West

ST X seems to be going backwards. I think people figured out you stop all the screen passes they throw a game you can beat them. They live by the screen. Still has the best QB in the region. My bet is they get out still.

Moeller just beat the best team in the state, and FINALLY has a decent QB running that program. Coach Elder has that team playing hard And believing in themselves. Team speed is the best of the 3 teams.

West defense has emerged as the best in the region. Majority of points they have been giving up is by the backups in the 4th qtr. They are scary, but can they throw good enough to win in playoffs?

LETS GO ???

Princeton vs Colerain in week 10 is a good match up. Think St. X is still the favorite but we are weeks away. West is big contender but I see Moeller playing exceptionally well right now and still has the potential to get better in the next month.

Princeton vs Colerain in week 10 is a good match up. Think St. X is still the favorite but we are weeks away. West is big contender but I see Moeller playing exceptionally well right now and still has the potential to get better in the next month.
I don’t think Colerain can beat Princeton. Colerain just can’t pass at all. They will have to put a lot of points on the board to beat Princeton and I just don’t see it happening. They also won’t play with that edge they played West with. That was their super bowl.

Colerain is averaging only 19 points per game. Despite being shut out by Lakota West, Princeton averages 41 points per game. I'm sure Colerain's defense will hold the Vikings below their season average in scoring, but I'm not sure Colerain can put up enough points to win.

It could be siimlar to the
I don’t think Colerain can beat Princeton. Colerain just can’t pass at all. They will have to put a lot of points on the board to beat Princeton and I just don’t see it happening. They also won’t play with that edge they played West with. That was their super bowl.
It could be similar to the Fairfield game depending on how cleanly the Vikes play. Penalties and turnovers will keep the Cards around.

But Colerain's offense has simply not progressed all that much this year and likely won't be able to score more than 14-17 points.

Their defense is good, but don't know if they can match what West did, especially with a healthy QB corps at Princeton.

It could be similar to the Fairfield game depending on how cleanly the Vikes play. Penalties and turnovers will keep the Cards around.

But Colerain's offense has simply not progressed all that much this year and likely won't be able to score more than 14-17 points.

Their defense is good, but don't know if they can match what West did, especially with a healthy QB corps at Princeton.
Agree

I like this game for Princeton because they will be challenged at the line of scrimmage. Agree with all that the Cards don't have enough offense.

St X

but thats why you play the game. Moeller and West will be ready to go if/when they face off in the playoffs

I wonder if #2 Meyers for Princeton is coming back to play. 6 foot 5 WR with Harris and both Engleman's could be a problem with Lynn back

I'm gonna go with St. X or maybe St.X. Besides Ramsey, who in the region has accomplished what Specht has? Elder is not as talented so I like the defending champs. West with Bolden is a punchers chance but there's a reason Colerain has not won since Coach Coombs left.

Princeton is a good team, but not in these 3 class. Sorry.
I saw Princeton play for their Homecoming game vs. Sycamore. They started pretty slow and were in danger of letting the game get away early. They regrouped and won the game. I don't see them coming out of region 4.

I saw Princeton play for their Homecoming game vs. Sycamore. They started pretty slow and were in danger of letting the game get away early. They regrouped and won the game. I don't see them coming out of region 4.
I think they were a bit exposed last week by Colerain. If Colerain could make an XP they win that game. Colerain controlled the game and nearly doubled the yards of the Viking, even though this is one of the worst Colerain offenses in a long time. Yes, Colerain has one of the top defenses in the region, but their special teams and offense are atrocious. The outcome versus X and West were never really in doubt against Colerain, and they mustered almost no offense. Colerain had 400 yards of offense and had chances to win against Princeton. The difference in the trenches really separates the elite from everyone else in the playoffs and Princeton still doesn't have it.

I still think it's X's region to lose, but they can be beat if you can stop the run and play keep away to shorten the game.

Moeller has the easiest path, and they're playing their best at the right time. They hung with X for a bit before X blew the game open. Moeller seemed small and slow on defense.

I haven't seen West play since the opener against X, but I assume they've improved. With the exception of the two short fields they really couldn't do much against X on offense, and their defense just got worn out... in the second quarter they looked gassed.

Elder could give X a game in round 2. Esst could be a dark horse, they can put points on the board against a lot of teams. Princeton and Moeller could turn into a track meet if they meet up.

It's an interesting region and state right now.

I think they were a bit exposed last week by Colerain. If Colerain could make an XP they win that game. Colerain controlled the game and nearly doubled the yards of the Viking, even though this is one of the worst Colerain offenses in a long time. Yes, Colerain has one of the top defenses in the region, but their special teams and offense are atrocious. The outcome versus X and West were never really in doubt against Colerain, and they mustered almost no offense. Colerain had 400 yards of offense and had chances to win against Princeton. The difference in the trenches really separates the elite from everyone else in the playoffs and Princeton still doesn't have it.
Good post. Yes Princeton defense just isn’t good enough.

I still think it's X's region to lose, but they can be beat if you can stop the run and play keep away to shorten the game.

Moeller has the easiest path, and they're playing their best at the right time. They hung with X for a bit before X blew the game open. Moeller seemed small and slow on defense.

I haven't seen West play since the opener against X, but I assume they've improved. With the exception of the two short fields they really couldn't do much against X on offense, and their defense just got worn out... in the second quarter they looked gassed.

Elder could give X a game in round 2. Esst could be a dark horse, they can put points on the board against a lot of teams. Princeton and Moeller could turn into a track meet if they meet up.

It's an interesting region and state right now.
Stop the screen pass you can beat X. They run a zillion a game. Blows my mind teams don’t focus on that. West is very improved and yes they have an offense. Just ask everyone they are playing. Moeller is not as good as West or X.

If West plays X and beats them up enough, Moeller has a chance to win. X is just a juggernaut at this point- their pace of play is on another level. Moeller O line continues to be an issue, but they certainly have the momentum.

Stop the screen pass you can beat X. They run a zillion a game. Blows my mind teams don’t focus on that. West is very improved and yes they have an offense. Just ask everyone they are playing. Moeller is not as good as West or X.
X does run a lot of screen plays-- but that is HARDLY their whole passing offense. They needed to get the ball downfield to the McFarlin and the two big TEs against Ig--and they did NOT do that-- maybe in part because their pass blocking was extremely porous against Ig-- again, maybe in part because they lost their Offensive LT in the 3Q-- but that's excuse making-- they need to figure out how to give X's QB the time he was getting earlier this year, and the downfield passing game will fix itself-- and it will also open things up more for Kellom (who did NOT get many chances in the game against Ig, either-- X went away from the run, and him, too soon, in my opinion).