Dominant running teams

Crimson and Black

Are there any “run only” programs who are considered a perennial contender or a great program? The last one I can remember were those unstoppable Colerain teams who’d score 50 a game with just a couple of passes sprinkled in.

Are there any “run only” programs who are considered a perennial contender or a great program? The last one I can remember were those unstoppable Colerain teams who’d score 50 a game with just a couple of passes sprinkled in.
Immediately think of kirtland
They were the reason I asked that question. And then I got to thinking and could not come up with any. Someone suggested Clinton Massey…. That’s one that fits the bill of “run only” great programs. Any others out there.

Believe it or not Dover is only throwing about 10-12 passes a game and probably half of those are behind the LOS

Lucas had games in 2018 and 2019 where they won throwing 0 passes, including a program record 583 yards rushing (24th all-time) vs Harrison Central.

I wouldn’t call Fairmont a power, but they have been known to not throw a single pass in a game on many occasions.