Northern Buckeye Conference 2021

Who wins the Northern Buckeye Conference?

• Total voters
Not sure how the league handles this, but if Eastwood wins its next two games they will be alone at the top of the standings. Would they be outright champions having the most wins and highest winning percentage?

Not sure how the league handles this, but if Eastwood wins its next two games they will be alone at the top of the standings. Would they be outright champions having the most wins and highest winning percentage?
I get it. Eastwood would be 6-1 and Elmwood and Otsego could both be 5-1.

I would think so, but I believe the league by-laws or constitution would say definitively.

If what you suggest happens, look for Elmwood to make up their game with Woodmore and Otsego their game with Fostoria after they get knocked out of the playoffs. Kind of like last year, schools have 14 weeks, until November 20, to finish their 10 regular season games.

I get it. Eastwood would be 6-1 and Elmwood and Otsego could both be 5-1.

I would think so, but I believe the league by-laws or constitution would say definitively.

If what you suggest happens, look for Elmwood to make up their game with Woodmore and Otsego their game with Fostoria after they get knocked out of the playoffs. Kind of like last year, schools have 14 weeks, until November 20, to finish their 10 regular season games.
Not sure them playing Fostoria/Woodmore after the season is practical. You have to assume both Otsego/Elmwood are gonna win their round 1 game, and potentially both win round 2. I doubt Fostoria/Woodmore are gonna continue to practice for multiple weeks just to get pummeled in a meaningless game for them

Not sure them playing Fostoria/Woodmore after the season is practical. You have to assume both Otsego/Elmwood are gonna win their round 1 game, and potentially both win round 2. I doubt Fostoria/Woodmore are gonna continue to practice for multiple weeks just to get pummeled in a meaningless game for them
If Otsego and Elmwood want to play, and Fostoria and Woodmore refuse to reschedule, the OHSAA can declare a forfeit.

A forfeit counts as a win. A cancellation or no contest does not.

If Otsego and Elmwood want to play, and Fostoria and Woodmore refuse to reschedule, the OHSAA can declare a forfeit.

A forfeit counts as a win. A cancellation or no contest does not.
That is the more likely scenario, I was just saying I highly doubt Fostoria or Woodmore play after week 10.

That is the more likely scenario, I was just saying I highly doubt Fostoria or Woodmore play after week 10.
Woodmore has contemplated scheduling a game week 11. I don't know if they have reached a decision.

I assumed they were contemplating an opponent they had a chance against, and not Elmwood.

Woodmore has contemplated scheduling a game week 11. I don't know if they have reached a decision.

I assumed they were contemplating an opponent they had a chance against, and not Elmwood.
I did see that Woodmore and Fremont St. Joe have scheduled a game for week 11.

It’d be a shame to do this to the Otsego and Elmwood players that had no control over the cancellations. The right thing to do is to declare tri-champions.

Fostoria is cancelling its last two football games due to COVID issues on the team. Fostoria's home games against Eastwood (Week 9, 10/15) and Lake (Week 10, 10/22) will NOT be played.

Fostoria is cancelling its last two football games due to COVID issues on the team. Fostoria's home games against Eastwood (Week 9, 10/15) and Lake (Week 10, 10/22) will NOT be played.
Eastwood gets a bye week before their huge week 10 showdown. That's huge!

They beat Woodmore and called it a day huh?:banana:

Feel bad for those kids at Lake though, tough for Seniors to lose their last game ever like that

Feel bad for those kids at Lake though, tough for Seniors to lose their last game ever like that
I would imagine that Lake is going to do everything in their power to find a week 10 game.... Depending on who they pick up - could be enough to put them in the playoffs

I wouldnt be shocked to see them pick up a game between now and then. They were very proactive last year and scheduled I believe 4 games after they were bounced from playoffs. One of them was a weird situation out at Perkins and games wasnt played, but they definitely have a proactive approach. Time frame might not allow them to find a replacement though.

Id be keeping an eye on that Toledo Scott v Woodward game next week. Woodward is 0-8 and if they are in a Fostoria situation Id want to be the first school on the horn with Scott if Woodward doesnt play.

Last edited:
I see Monroe SMCC is looking for a game on the 22nd.

That would be a very difficult offense to prepare for if you don't play them every year.

Collins Western Reserve is looking for a week 10 game. Not a horrible drive for either school and IMO would be a good game.

now that eastwood game with fostoria is off, now its equal because elmwood and otsego also had a league game canceled so it means 6 games in conference so nbc will not be decided by percentage anymore. if otsego wins against woodmore and eastwood they win the NBC AT 6-0.If otsego loses at home vs eastwood and if elmwood beats genoa and lake both 4-4 than we could have a 3 way tie at 5-1. but my feeling is otsego will take it all blowout woodmore and a close win over eastwood no matter what elmwood does.

Wow. Who is player of the year in the NBC? Most likely will be Oliver from Elmwood. But some other guys deserve some serious attention. Dzierwa was POY last year but he may not end up in the top 5 this year in voting.

Lake Boos - 82-107, 1501 yards, 19 TDs
Case Boos - 49 receptions, 821 yards, 18 TDs, 46 rushes, 283 yards

Mason Oliver - 114 rushes, 1388 yards, 22 TDs

Joseph Dzierwa - 75-143, 1243 yards, 18 TDs
Trent Leiter - 166 rushes, 1101 yards, 11 TDs

Alex Williams - 142-239, 1800 yards, 22 TDs

Last edited:
Wow. Who is player of the year in the NBC? Most likely will be Oliver from Elmwood. But some other guys deserve some serious attention. Dzierwa was POY last year but he may not end up in the top 5 this year in voting.

Case Boos - 49 receptions, 821 yards, 18 TDs
46 rushes, 283 yards

Alex Williams - 1242-239, 1800 yards, 22 TDs
I think you're right about Oliver winning it & he probably should after that stat line against Eastwood. I think it will be between Oliver and C Boos, Elmwood winning that game probably gives Oliver the slight edge.

Case Boos - 49 receptions, 821 yards, 18 TDs, 46 rushes, 283 yards

Alex Williams - 142-239, 1800 yards, 22 TDs
Is that 18 receiving touchdowns or 18 TDs total?

Oliver gets two more games to put up numbers. Eastwood misses a chance to pad the stats against Fostoria.
It will actually even it out, Eastwood got to play Woodmore and Elmwood didn't. So they will each miss a game where they would've put up huge numbers

It will actually even it out, Eastwood got to play Woodmore and Elmwood didn't. So they will each miss a game where they would've put up huge numbers
Yeah. Just pointing out that Mason Oliver probably has 500 yards and 6 TDs to add to his totals over the next two weeks while the Boos brothers will be the focal point of the Otsego defense, I'm sure. Weather might be a factor next week, as well. I could see Eastwood running fullback traps and buck sweeps all night long to keep the ball away from Otsego.

Yeah. Just pointing out that Mason Oliver probably has 500 yards and 6 TDs to add to his totals over the next two weeks while the Boos brothers will be the focal point of the Otsego defense, I'm sure. Weather might be a factor next week, as well. I could see Eastwood running fullback traps and buck sweeps all night long to keep the ball away from Otsego.
Didn't mean for that to come across as rude - if it did I apologize, but yes I do agree, Otsego will do everything they can to stop those two

How would Lake match up against Berlin Center Western Reserve? WR is very young, but looking for a week 10. I know Lake is a bigger school, thoughts?