St Ignatius Football 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way things are going in R1, I think a win today would garner a playoff week 1 home game. Granted, I haven't done math, but seems to be the case.

Not terribly confident with week after rivalry, travel, and I don't care if the other defense was pee wee, the offense has been beyond concerning.

Guess we will see.

The way things are going in R1, I think a win today would garner a playoff week 1 home game. Granted, I haven't done math, but seems to be the case.

Not terribly confident with week after rivalry, travel, and I don't care if the other defense was pee wee, the offense has been beyond concerning.

Guess we will see.
Agree. Moeller can score. Even if the defense can hold them to 20-25 points, it can't see the offense scoring enough to win.

Anyone know if looking to change home stadium or if next week just scheduling conflict? Seems like Saturday afternoon was still open so made me wonder

Agree. Moeller can score. Even if the defense can hold them to 20-25 points, it can't see the offense scoring enough to win.
Ye of little faith; Ig will hold Moe under 20-- and the defense will probably get at least one score-- thus my 17-14 prediction: it only requires the offense to score one or two times.

Ye of little faith; Ig will hold Moe under 20-- and the defense will probably get at least one score-- thus my 17-14 prediction: it only requires the offense to score one or two times.
The offense is capable of scoring 1 or 2 times? Did I watch the same offense last week? Will it be a wr or DE at qb?

I don't like this matchup today? One week after the holy war.

Good luck to the Cats
Honestly, just a typical weekend in the life of Ignatius football. Then next week they play St. X. They are used to brutal schedules. It seems like they have them every year and must like setting them up.

Anyone know if looking to change home stadium or if next week just scheduling conflict? Seems like Saturday afternoon was still open so made me wonder
I am seeing St. X vs Ignatius 12:00 at Byers. If there is a change to that, I have not seen it.

4Gx has admitted numerous times he hasn't watched the Ignatius offense.

It's way below even average. They struggled to complete 5-7 yard outs last week. Moeller will have to help the Cats score.

I expect the St X game to be played at Strongsville's Pat Catain (4 pm) as currently scheduled.

I understand that during the summer, Ignatius was having a hard time getting Parma to commit to a time slot at Byers to be available for the game vs St X on the 16th. I believe X is traveling up here and back on Saturday and with the JV game at noon at Wasmer (correction - JV game at Strongsville Pat Catan), there was a window of time for the varsity game. Parma struggled to nail down a time and I think Ignatius ultimately gave up on their bureaucracy and made arrangements with Strongsville for Pat Catan stadium. For St X, Strongsville is more convenient to get back on I-71 for the long ride back home.

Last edited:
I expect the St X game to be played at Strongsville's Pat Catain (4 pm) as currently scheduled.

I understand that during the summer, Ignatius was having a hard time getting Parma to commit to a time slot at Byers to be available for the game vs St X on the 16th. I believe X is traveling up here and back on Saturday and with the JV game at noon at Wasmer, there was a window of time for the varsity game. Parma struggled to nail down a time and I think Ignatius ultimately gave up on their bureaucracy and made arrangements with Strongsville for Pat Catan stadium. For St X, Strongsville is more convenient to get back on I-71 for the long ride back home.
Makes sense....Ignatius is the monetary rent treasure trove for parma schools. I wish they would move....from a selfish distance standpoint, Strongsville would be nice, and would always have stadium available on Saturdays. But, as a Strongsville resident, and knowing the garbage going on in this city govt, I dont want Ignatius to fund this city I live in at all.

I wish they had been able to make the on campus stadium and parking garage work from the tentative plans around a decade ago. It would be a great game day atmosphere with the resurgence of the area around campus, and its hard to beat getting a ton of 8th graders and parents onto campus from a marketing perspective.

Never buy when you can lease.
People who did this with single family homes, any time in the last 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years are regretting that decision BIG TIME-- unless they used the lower lease payment to put the additional money into the stock market-- which MOST people do not do, when they lower their housing costs.

Moeller moving ball with ease in addition to no offense. Yikes the next 2 weeks if that is the modus operandi

Status
Not open for further replies.