Very Classy Genoa Comets

Whizzer King

A debt of gratitude is owed to the Genoa Comets football team.

An unfortunate tragedy (car accident) took the life of an Otsego high school student on the night of their homecoming, September 25. There were two others involved in the accident. One was a football player who suffered significant injuries to his back and hip.

Last week was very difficult for our students and our players.

As Otsego and Genoa were set to take the field Friday, the Genoa Comet football team decided to honor the life of the Otsego student by placing a red helmet sticker with a Black O on their helmets.

This was a very thoughtful and meaningful gesture for our football team, students, teachers, coaches, and all the Otsego school community members.

I just wanted to personally thank those that went out of their way to make this happen.

Good stuff Genoa. A team that is on the rise and led by very good people.

Attachments

• F17C52F4-90C3-42E9-9518-296821F241F7.png
    F17C52F4-90C3-42E9-9518-296821F241F7.png
    523.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Kudos to Genoa. Sportsmanship abound.

Reminds me when Coldwater cheerleaders raised over 15k in two days for a Clinton Massive cheerleader who had a brain condition.

Reminds me when Coldwater cheerleaders raised over 15k in two days for a Clinton Massive cheerleader who had a brain condition.
It was a heart transplant, but yes, that was a wonderful moment. Sadly, the young lady is no longer with us.

That was the coolest thing (CW/CM) I have ever seen at any level ever attended. Got dusty real quick.

It was a heart transplant, but yes, that was a wonderful moment. Sadly, the young lady is no longer with us.
Not to take away from original post as what Genoa did is outstanding and shows class. But I did not know that young lady from CM passed. So sad