Week 8: Minster (1-6) @ Coldwater (6-1)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Minster is coming off a 35-7 loss to the New Bremen Cardinals and Coldwater is coming off of a 21-14 loss to the St Henry Redskins. Coldwater is quite banged up at the moment especially at Linebacker. We need to get healthy and back on track. This week should help that I hope.

Coldwater 35
Minster 0

Minster is coming off a 35-7 loss to the New Bremen Cardinals and Coldwater is coming off of a 21-14 loss to the St Henry Redskins. Coldwater is quite banged up at the moment especially at Linebacker. We need to get healthy and back on track. This week should help that I hope.

Coldwater 35
Minster 0
Minster fans will confirm, Coldwater doesn't know the meaning of "banged up".

Big difference, CW has state title aspirations, Minster does not.
being injured or not injured.... when you have had up to 14 kids on the sideline being injured this season, i would consider that being banged up..... last night there were 12 unable to play.... it really doesn't matter about "state Title aspirations"

being injured or not injured.... when you have had up to 14 kids on the sideline being injured this season, i would consider that being banged up..... last night there were 12 unable to play.... it really doesn't matter about "state Title aspirations"
Never said Minster wasn't banged up. You don't win state titles with your best talent on the sideline. Backups are called backups for a reason.

Hard for Coldwater to use it as an excuse as they had 4 turnovers in the second half against St. Henry but by my count we had 3 of our 4 linebackers out and are starting safety. So 4 regulars out on Defense. Add in at least 10 -12 others in the program that are in street clothes due to other injuries and all of a sudden 20 percent of your roster is not able to play. That in itself didn't lose us the game against St. Henry but when you aren't exactly 100 percent your going to feel it.

I said 20 percent but it's probably more like 15 percent. I keep forgetting Coldwater has over 80 players. Nevertheless, all the injuries look like play time injuries. Just one of those things I guess.

Injuries have killed this team this year. Not trying to use that as an excuse, but more than any other year I can recall in recent memory. It's just bad luck, that's all. It makes you appreciate all those years that our kids were healthy. Also not taking anything away from St. Henry either. They did what they had to do to win on Friday. Hats off to them.

Injuries have killed this team this year. Not trying to use that as an excuse, but more than any other year I can recall in recent memory. It's just bad luck, that's all. It makes you appreciate all those years that our kids were healthy. Also not taking anything away from St. Henry either. They did what they had to do to win on Friday. Hats off to them.
ML feels your pain. That's why I am not in favor of a tough non league schedule - accrue enough injuries in league play - unfortunately it is hard to find non league opponents. Because of the expanded play offs if a team makes it to state their is still 9 games left - basically a whole season.

Last edited:
The most important ability to have is...... availability.

Did the shortened practice period before go time of scrimmages play a part? Was a week plus less time before kids had to go full go.

The most important ability to have is...... availability.

Did the shortened practice period before go time of scrimmages play a part? Was a week plus less time before kids had to go full go.
I'm sure the OHSSA is looking into it......LOL!!!

I'm sure the OHSSA is looking into it......LOL!!!
Coldwater s beating started against Oak Hills.
I suggest CW rethink the week 2 game vs Bellefountaine the next two years. The previous ly rank D3 team with Legit title aspirations will physically beat up CW that will send the season into a freefall. They are best to find someone else.

Is Oktober fest next weekend?

Coldwater s beating started against Oak Hills.
I suggest CW rethink the week 2 game vs Bellefountaine the next two years. The previous ly rank D3 team with Legit title aspirations will physically beat up CW that will send the season into a freefall. They are best to find someone else.

Is Oktober fest next weekend?
LOL!!!! going on right now...... pretty big crowds Friday and SaT .

we only have 65 healthy kids, How will we do it with undercalssmen
:cry:

OK for real hope the kids get better but the rest of D5-7 outside MAC land looking at this like WT...... heck
1st world problems, good luck to y'all

Cavs need to get healthy and refocus on their goals for this season. A good time to reevaluate their identity, what is working, whats not and the best path forward to reach the D6 championship game. Plenty of time to make some adjustments. Offensively, I think they are struggling with a lack of homerun potential running the ball. Longest run of the season is 30 yards. Last season, Myles and Kibby were a threat to take it to the house on any given play. Look at each turnover or missed opportunity... Look for patterns... off the receivers hands, receiver not looking for ball, QB throwing into coverage; ask why?; where are most interceptions occurring? down and distance, middle of field? etc... Spread the wealth needs to be emphasized. Get the RB more involved in the pass game. Redefine some player roles based upon actual production and not potential.... Tanner has provided some big plays on KO returns but has no carries. Marcel is a homerun threat (rushing or receiving) if hes running north and south with his speed but hes not gonna cut like Zibby. Like to see them run some traps for him in between the tackles because when he sees a hole, he accelerates through it.

Plenty of time and opportunity for improvement and I have confidence this staff will make the adjustments needed to give them the best opportunity to reach the D6 title game. Cavs rebound against the Cats.

All good observations, but I think Redskins size and physicality led to Cav turnovers. Seemed as though many plays were rushed a bit by CW offense. Handoffs, botched snaps and timing in the passing game all seem to have been affected. Confident that coaching staff will have the team more than ready by this Friday.

All good observations, but I think Redskins size and physicality led to Cav turnovers. Seemed as though many plays were rushed a bit by CW offense. Handoffs, botched snaps and timing in the passing game all seem to have been affected. Confident that coaching staff will have the team more than ready by this Friday.
turnovers have been a problem this season. this wasnt a 1 game abnormality.

I really think people aren't giving St Henry enough credit. Turnovers kill, but this St. Henry team IMO is a very very good football team who I personally do not want Marion to see in R28 come playoff time.

I’ve read a few accounts about a snap going over the QB’s head, but when I watched the game it looked like it hit him in the hands? Was there a different ‘botched snap’?

Four turnovers in one half that led to the final outcome of the game, definitely an abnormality for Cavs.
Yes, Ill go even further, 4 TO's on 4 consecutive possessions would be an abnormality hopefully for any team but if you read my post and put it in context, Im calling for a review going much deeper. You do that after you see a series of games, not 1 or in this case of your example, one half. Turnovers and inefficiency have plagued the Cavs this year which is an abnormality in itself. Im not into calling a player out on a msg board and Im going to bring up some stats but before I do, let me just say that I am not laying the blame solely on him. Its a collective problem from coaches down to OL, Wr, etc but in the last 3 weeks against SH, Anna and DSJ, Cavs are 25 for 60 for 426 yards, 4TD & 5INT. In fact, in the last 3 games they have not had 1 game where they completed 50% of their passes or better. In the previous 4 games Cavs are 47 for 74 for 777 yards 8 Td's and 3 Int. (the 3 INT was in one game, OH). There is a pattern shift. Not even addressing fumbles but we could. The worst thing the cavs could do is to chalk up the SH performance as a fluke or say it was entirely SH's doing and continue doing business as usual.

Last edited:
Why does Minster have so many injured kids this year? I know pre-Stokes, Minster always had numerous injuries and then when Stokes was hired, he implemented a lifting/Stretching program I believe was successful on limited injuries, not just in football but even with other programs in Minster. I did not see as many kids getting injured when he was there. Is the new coach doing something different with lifting and stretching? I am not being smart, I am just asking. I have not seen a Minster game this year.

Never said Minster wasn't banged up. You don't win state titles with your best talent on the sideline. Backups are called backups for a reason.
Grove loses a generational 2 way talent 15 minutes into the state seminal game against Coldwater, “Doesn’t matter, part of the game.” Coldwater loses an ultimately meaningless game to a conference team,” You can’t win with your best talent on the sideline.“

Lol