Massillon Washington at Warren Harding—-9-10-21

I still stand by Tigers by 21 over Harding.
Is next opponet St. EDS? If so, oh veh. Tigers play them tuff all the time. Tigers in close one by 3
Then Fitch next I believe after Eds. Tigers win that by 17

Love this rivalry game. This will be a gritty and hard hitting affair, no doubt. At this point it isn't any secret that we're going to try to pound the rock and play hard nose defense. We'll see if we can come up to Warren and impose our will on WGH. At the end of the game I think we get out of Mollenkopf with a hard fought win, but it's no walk in the park up there. Hopefully we'll continue to develop offensively and this will just be the next step forward in the process.

I think this looks to be a relatively low scoring game based upon both the Tigers strong defense and inability to get the offense fully on track yet. 21-10 Massillon.

I still stand by Tigers by 21 over Harding.
Is next opponet St. EDS? If so, oh veh. Tigers play them tuff all the time. Tigers in close one by 3
Then Fitch next I believe after Eds. Tigers win that by 17
We’ll know more about Fitch this weekend against Ursuline. Not saying that Massillon wouldn’t beat Ursuline ( I think they would), but Fitch hasn’t been in a tight down to the wire game yet, so we’ll see how they handle a very good Ursuline team.
As far as Harding - Massillon, I see Harding hand around for about three quarters and Massillon pulling away at the end by 13-14 points. Pulling for Harding as they are the local team, but am also a fan of both Harding and Massillon. Definitely will be a good game to go to. If not for Fitch-Ursuline I would definitely be there.

This game is all Harding! You are not in PBS anymore, the ref's will have some itchy fingers and ready to pull out the terrible towels. 3 scores called backed for holding and the Raiders 26-21 victors. Make sure you go get some Greek chicken before traveling back to Stark. .......If the ref's don't help out, Tigers win big?

Massillon by as many as they want
This isn’t the Massillon team of the last 3 or so years. I expect a win maybe by even a few scores. Defense is great but they can’t score at will like we all grew accustom to. I’m more worried about seeing improved timing,continuity,and opening up the playbook more than anything. Go tigers

This isn’t the Massillon team of the last 3 or so years. I expect a win maybe by even a few scores. Defense is great but they can’t score at will like we all grew accustom to. I’m more worried about seeing improved timing,continuity,and opening up the playbook more than anything. Go tigers
This team has taken it upon themselves to win games while completing fewer passes than Perry

Not quite. He does play all 3 positions, in a game though.I guess I could have just used the term athlete, but wanted to list the positions he actually plays.
He’s a really good athlete I watched some highlights of him. But honestly Warren always has good athletes so I’m not surprised at all.

This team has taken it upon themselves to win games while completing fewer passes than Perry
The passing stats so far this season are
19-44 188 yds, which is very odd to see in 2021.
The 44 attempts are the lowest since 2008 but that year we had 402 yds passing after 3 games.
Overall we haven’t had passing stats this bad after 3 games since 1986 (not surprising the Maronto years) that year we were 5-12 116 yds.
Moore has always said he loves to establish the LOS and run the ball which we have done the last 2 games, but at some point the lack of a passing attack or even something resembling one is going to bite us.

The passing stats so far this season are
19-44 188 yds, which is very odd to see in 2021.
The 44 attempts are the lowest since 2008 but that year we had 402 yds passing after 3 games.
Overall we haven’t had passing stats this bad after 3 games since 1986 (not surprising the Maronto years) that year we were 5-12 116 yds.
Moore has always said he loves to establish the LOS and run the ball which we have done the last 2 games, but at some point the lack of a passing attack or even something resembling one is going to bite us.

Makes you almost grateful Lamp & Ballard graduated last year. But yeah we either need to OWN the los (similar to 91 team) or have at least some level of passing ability.

Speaking of Ballard congrats on losing his black stripe and 1 of 14 freshmen to make travel squad. Say what you want about attitude but dude did not and does not shy from competition in a ridiculously LOADED wr room. I respect that.

1631304649473.png

https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/lo...-harding-Massillon-continue-longtime-rivalry/

https://www.wghfootball.com/post/week-4-Massillon-washington-2-1-warren-g-harding-1-2

Last edited: