La Salle vs IMG

Both of us can die in accidents today. Hence, why all of us need to live life to the fullest. And in my opinion, that means playing the best teams possible in order to maximize one's potential.
Yeah, but if you riding your bike in the street and I’m driving a tank, the odds aren’t in your favor. You can’t possibly compare the size, speed, and talent of MD vs SHP and think there’s an equal chance of your players getting hurt.

And btw, it’s not cowardly to avoid playing these types of teams. They simply do not play by the same rules. I know NJ allows recruiting to someone degree, but you still have several other competitive schools competing for the same players in a smaller area. MD has ALL of LA (OC and LA county), and only one real competitor.

Also, I need to get this off my chest, Bruce Rollinson is a slimy jizbag. He wants to play it off like he’s some caring grandpa archetype, but only a true idiot wouldn’t see past his shtick. He’s recruited an LA all star team. And that’s fine, but don’t act like you found the secret sauce to winning. He literally recruited the current starting RB at Oregon away from his public school, had him play the football season, and then the kid transferred back to his public school. Literally, rented his services. No, you’re not a good guy “Rollo”, you’re a POS. And Jason Negro at Bosco isn’t any better, but he doesn’t try to hide it. These are the heads ruining HS football, not IMG. At least IMG is honest about who they are, they don’t try to hide behind anything.

Last edited:
They also aren’t playing Mater Dei or IMG with grown men hitting them.

Look at Oak Hills in a GMC schedule. GMC consistently has a lot of players getting P5 offers. Oak Hills is usually not very good with bad lines, but they survive.

Look at Oak Hills in a GMC schedule. GMC consistently has a lot of players getting P5 offers. Oak Hills is usually not very good with bad lines, but they survive.
don’t care, they’re not in the same stratosphere as IMG or Mater Dei. Every year both programs have double digit power 5 recruits. So, not even remotely comparable.

Also, Bergen is playing for a title most seasons, Oak Hills is not. OH might go 1-9 instead of 0-10, while Bergen will lose a chance at a championship.

Last edited:
don’t care, they’re not in the same stratosphere as IMG or Mater Dei. Every year both programs have double digit power 5 recruits. So, not even remotely comparable.

Also, Bergen is playing for a title most seasons, Oak Hills is not. OH might go 1-9 instead of 0-10, while Bergen will lose a chance at a championship.

Oak Hills playing Colerain(in their heydey) is comparable to Bergen Catholic vs. Mater Dei when they played.

Oak Hills playing Colerain(in their heydey) is comparable to Bergen Catholic vs. Mater Dei when they played.
Even then, that’s a stretch. It’s also a conference game for OH, so they had to play it.

This idiotic s**t about “next man up” just isn’t true. More often than not, if your QB goes down, your season is done. MD would be ok if their QB got hurt bc they could replace JT Daniels with Bryce Young, but most legitimate teams that can’t recruit from an entire giant city, would be screwed.

Last edited:
I don’t think there is a higher chance for injury just because you are playing a talented team. It’s not like every team that plays Hoban, LaSalle or St Ed’s walks away with their starting lineup on stretchers. CJ Hicks is better than any kid on IMG’s roster and Alter plays DIII and DIV teams all season long without ending the seasons of star players

uh only kids from Ohio? Really? You mean all 88 counties in Ohio? How does a real public school compete with that?
I think only kids from 80 Counties in Ohio can attend LaSalle???
Remember Omar is supposedly a Football guru and an admitted wuss!

The IMG game is still on for next Friday. IMG Academy is playing Bishop Sycamore this Sunday in Columbus, then staying in Ohio until next Friday to play La Salle. They will not return to Florida until after the La Salle game.

Last edited:
LS fan here. Looking forward to seeing IMG tomorrow. LS has looked meh in both games this year and I fully expect the offense to struggle... hard. I think if Mattingly could consistently hit guys in the numbers the O could be very good but I don't see how this game would be that breakthrough game for him. The D was much better this past week and if they can force a few turnovers maybe they could stay in this game. This LS team has potential but I'd be shocked if they kept this competitive.

38-7 IMG. IMG should control the lines on both sides of the ball and LS simply doesn't have the athletes on the outside to compensate. Hope I'm way wrong.

Last edited:
This will not help LaSalle at all....Look for the biggest defeat this season...Hopefully they stay healthy so they can compete in the GCL and in the playoffs.

I don’t think there is a higher chance for injury just because you are playing a talented team. It’s not like every team that plays Hoban, LaSalle or St Ed’s walks away with their starting lineup on stretchers. CJ Hicks is better than any kid on IMG’s roster and Alter plays DIII and DIV teams all season long without ending the seasons of star players
Geez, IMG must just be fair then because Hicks seems overrated.

That’s extremely false

IMG played Bishop Sycamore today at Tom Benson Hall of Fame stadium in Canton on national TV and BS lost 58-0 to IMG, 37-0 at the half. Running clock all second half.

Last edited:
La Salle has the 7th toughest schedule in the nation while EMG Academy sits one spot higher at #6,

7. La Salle (Cincinnati)
Sept. 3
— vs. No. 2 IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Sept. 10 — at No. 45 Trinity (Louisville, Ky.)
Oct. 1 — vs. No. 65 Cathedral (Indianapolis)
Oct. 8 — at No. 23 St. Xavier (Cincinnati)
Full schedule

6. IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)
Sept. 3
— at No. 72 La Salle (Cincinnati)
Sept. 10 — vs. No. 38 Northwestern (Miami)
Sept. 17 — vs. No. 68 Jones (Orlando)
Oct. 22 — vs. No. 69 East St. Louis (Ill.)
Nov. 19 — vs. No. 10 St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)
Full schedule