McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

Foul mouthed Priests and certain unspecified behavior that most would call the police for. Frankly I'm afraid to ask, LOL. I think DonC is just on a roll.
When I walked in the religion class & this Fred Flintstone looking brother would just hammer all the athletes. Most of the time we'd laugh but he would cuss us out & then open the Bible & make us read our lesson for that day. I thought for sure I was in the wrong place. Like did he just call us those names & now wants us to read the Bible. We thought he was the devil disguised. If anyone in here is familiar with Bro. Gene from Roger Bacon, they can confirm my story. My freshman year I was totally confused lol now we all had to deal with him again since he was the AD & his mouth was a lost worse when he wore that hat. If you got caught wearing black gym shoes on the new gym floor, brace yourself because he would turn into ANDREW DICE CLAY ?

you are starting to sound like the whack-o lawyer for wattley.
pics of kid at contest is one thing, any pics of kid with the food in hand eating?
The case the family is making is not the same as why the coaches were non renewed.
The lawyer has muddied the two in his propaganda approach to save wattley's face.
I am fine with how the school handled it. What happens from here with the parents and lawsuits is all lawyer garbage.
Glad a new staff is in place - the program continues without some doofus coaches.
Looks like McK is getting better - addition by subtraction.
Let's go pups!!! season is right around the corner!!!!
most of what he is saying is hear say and wouldn't stand up in court

When I was a student one of our defensive coaches/teachers open hand slapped a kid across the face, to the ground, because the kid opened a door too quickly and hit him the back and he lost his temper. Different times Don.

Now I am sure the kid learned to open doors very carefully after that but c'mon. Lol.

Come on Tiger P putting your hands on a kid is out of bounds. I just have coached a lot of kids & these parents have become more entitled. Seeing the kid in the RIB eating contest after his dad sd he hadn't ate pork since 2013 tells me all I need to hear. I'll give the kid a break because it's obvious it's the adults here. Everyone is skipping the part where I sd I heard coaches used to call the kid to make sure he ate every morning and if he didn't they would feed him. That's not their responsibility but they did. Honestly I would feed any kid. Also the kid came back and held himself ACCOUNTABLE. I guess the point I'm trying to make if you policed every program we'd have more investigations. So what do you say about the coach who makes a player do his school work in a desk placed on the field because he refuses to do the work at home or in class. This would be humiliating too, correct. Should the kid feel like a dunce?

Come on Tiger P putting your hands on a kid is out of bounds. I just have coached a lot of kids & these parents have become more entitled. Seeing the kid in the RIB eating contest after his dad sd he hadn't ate pork since 2013 tells me all I need to hear. I'll give the kid a break because it's obvious it's the adults here. Everyone is skipping the part where I sd I heard coaches used to call the kid to make sure he ate every morning and if he didn't they would feed him. That's not their responsibility but they did. Honestly I would feed any kid. Also the kid came back and held himself ACCOUNTABLE. I guess the point I'm trying to make if you policed every program we'd have more investigations. So what do you say about the coach who makes a player do his school work in a desk placed on the field because he refuses to do the work at home or in class. This would be humiliating too, correct. Should the kid feel like a dunce?
hear say. Everything you are saying wouldn't stand up in court

So what do you say about the coach who makes a player do his school work in a desk placed on the field because he refuses to do the work at home or in class. This would be humiliating too, correct. Should the kid feel like a dunce?

I say if the coach doesn't take the simple step of clearing it with the adm, or it is approved and communicated as an acceptable practice, then coach gets whatever he/she has coming.

I am all for helping kids, tutoring, mentoring, detention, etc. Constructively. Not humiliating them. If you can't do that just suspend him from the team till his grades are up.

Making a kid do his schoolwork is actually constructive and helps the young man, making him eat pizza does not.

That's great that the coaches fed him, that doesn't excuse their actions.

Making a kid do his schoolwork is actually constructive and helps the young man, making him eat pizza does not.

That's great that the coaches fed him, that doesn't excuse their actions.
But if he is being called named while he is made to do his work is humiliating.

But if he is being called named while he is made to do his work is humiliating.
Ummmm....... Anyone can be called names anywhere.

All of your posts on this thread on rambling incoherent thoughts that don't really prove any point that you think they are. They are also filled with errors that make them almost unintelligible.

Ummmm....... Anyone can be called names anywhere.

All of your posts on this thread on rambling incoherent thoughts that don't really prove any point that you think they are. They are also filled with errors that make them almost unintelligible.
Ok so a coach never called a kid a "" I live in a real world and have helped multiple kids get into college so I've been around a few football practices and basketball practices. I've heard "" uttered a lot, so by your account they should be fired, correct. That's demeaning correct or is a different type of demeaning. I'm curious to see what high school you support & I bet there have been demeaning things sd to kids.

Ok so a coach never called a kid a "" I live in a real world and have helped multiple kids get into college so I've been around a few football practices and basketball practices. I've heard "" uttered a lot, so by your account they should be fired, correct. That's demeaning correct or is a different type of demeaning. I'm curious to see what high school you support & I bet there have been demeaning things sd to kids.
If a coach calls a kid a , yes they have no business being in the profession. I have coached a long time and have also gotten numerous kids into college.

If a coach calls a kid a , yes they have no business being in the profession. I have coached a long time and have also gotten numerous kids into college.
I'm sorry to tell you this happens a lot. Good thing you haven't witnessed it but because you haven't witnessed it doesn't mean it hasn't happened or won't continue to happen and if we policed every program I'm sure it'll be more investigations. I'm sure these coaches have sd things to this kid or other kids but why now is this being brought to light. Would it be religious beliefs correct but multiple eyewitnesses have seen the kid eat pork ribs @ contest. Will this hurt the credibility of the parent who sd the kid hasn't eaten pork since 2013? Is the reporting coach credible? I'm just asking your thoughts on the last 2 questions

I'm sorry to tell you this happens a lot. Good thing you haven't witnessed it but because you haven't witnessed it doesn't mean it hasn't happened or won't continue to happen and if we policed every program I'm sure it'll be more investigations. I'm sure these coaches have sd things to this kid or other kids but why now is this being brought to light. Would it be religious beliefs correct but multiple eyewitnesses have seen the kid eat pork ribs @ contest. Will this hurt the credibility of the parent who sd the kid hasn't eaten pork since 2013? Is the reporting coach credible? I'm just asking your thoughts on the last 2 questions
The whole point is this....in my opinion. It doesn't matter if the kid did eat pork in 2019. The fact that he was forced to eat anything is the part that is wrong. If he did eat pork in 2019 and they are playing the religious belief card, then I think that is wrong also. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that they made him eat something as a form of punishment....that is just way out of the norm in regards to sports related discipline.

Did your parents know every time you sinned? Mine sure didn’t.

The whole point is this....in my opinion. It doesn't matter if the kid did eat pork in 2019. The fact that he was forced to eat anything is the part that is wrong. If he did eat pork in 2019 and they are playing the religious belief card, then I think that is wrong also. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that they made him eat something as a form of punishment....that is just way out of the norm in regards to sports related discipline.
I've heard of it being done before but again tht doesn't make it right, but if they were voluntarily feeding this kid to make sure he had eaten for the last 2 years. Talk about forgetting who had your back when things were rough for you and your family. This is it.

I've heard of it being done before but again tht doesn't make it right, but if they were voluntarily feeding this kid to make sure he had eaten for the last 2 years. Talk about forgetting who had your back when things were rough for you and your family. This is it.
Agree...but that's a whole different subject....lol

Agree...but that's a whole different subject....lol
I guess I'm different. I would've been upset w my child for selling his teammates out and I would've sided w the coach but the coach also would be aware of my religious beliefs before hand so the school can know what my kid can eat that doesn't go against our religious beliefs.

No coach should be calling any kid a dumb@ss. Now, that's different from saying a kid is acting like one. I promise you, you will find NO school whose professional code of conduct for any employee, especially coaches, that states calling a kid a dumb@ss is acceptable behavior. Every school will have consequences for that. Now, if it's happening, I'd be asking why the school is ok not enforcing their own adopted policies. There are better ways to get your point across than calling children names. Now unfortunately it's more prevalent in urban schools, and thats where it really causes more issues. Most urban kids are used to adults cursing at them and calling them names, so they just tune it out.....when you as an adult do not resort to that, you get your point across much more effectively. You as a coach will actually build a better relationship with that kid, showing them how to actually behave as a man. You will get more out of that player. True men don't call kids names, period. Football is supposed to teach these boys how to be a man and calling them a dumb@ss simply doesn't do that. Be a role model.

To answer your 2 questions.....
1. If the parent said that the player hadn't eaten pork since 2013 and the kid ate it in 2019 then of course it can hurt their credibility. However, the kid could tell the parents that he has abstained from pork (lying) and eating it not around them. Also, when the kid stopped eating pork is completely irrelevant, he could have decided that day that he doesn't eat pork, you can change religion and beliefs literally any time you wish.
2. Yes, the reporting coach is credible. Why wouldn't he be? The incident happened, nobody debates that. There's video evidence that this took place. The coaching staff admitted it happened.

I've heard of it being done before
Where else have you heard of this happening?

No coach should be calling any kid a dumb@ss. Now, that's different from saying a kid is acting like one. I promise you, you will find NO school whose professional code of conduct for any employee, especially coaches, that states calling a kid a dumb@ss is acceptable behavior. Every school will have consequences for that. Now, if it's happening, I'd be asking why the school is ok not enforcing their own adopted policies. There are better ways to get your point across than calling children names. Now unfortunately it's more prevalent in urban schools, and thats where it really causes more issues. Most urban kids are used to adults cursing at them and calling them names, so they just tune it out.....when you as an adult do not resort to that, you get your point across much more effectively. You as a coach will actually build a better relationship with that kid, showing them how to actually behave as a man. You will get more out of that player. True men don't call kids names, period. Football is supposed to teach these boys how to be a man and calling them a dumb@ss simply doesn't do that. Be a role model.

To answer your 2 questions.....
1. If the parent said that the player hadn't eaten pork since 2013 and the kid ate it in 2019 then of course it can hurt their credibility. However, the kid could tell the parents that he has abstained from pork (lying) and eating it not around them. Also, when the kid stopped eating pork is completely irrelevant, he could have decided that day that he doesn't eat pork, you can change religion and beliefs literally any time you wish.
2. Yes, the reporting coach is credible. Why wouldn't he be? The incident happened, nobody debates that. There's video evidence that this took place. The coaching staff admitted it happened.

Where else have you heard of this happening?
Tht would be snitching cincifbfan, something I won't get into. Some coach could lose their job. If the player didn't report it, why would I report it. I'm sorry to say but demeaning kids doesn't just happen in urban schools. You just stereotyped the urban community or did you mean to say the "African American community." Again if you travel through the GCL & GMC you're probably going to hear coaches demean kids. I just wanted to hear everyone's thought on this post but to act like demeaning kids doesn't happen at these schools is like saying a high school kid doesn't curse. It happens is my point & whether it's right or wrong it's going to continue to happen. IE lineman misses a block his o line coach may call him a "" or if a kid blows a coverage his DC may call him a . I'm sorry I've been to a lot of football and basketball practices where I've seen these things occur and it happens more @ parochial schools. Ijs Thanks for answering the questions though, it gave me a little insight.

Tht would be snitching cincifbfan, something I won't get into. Some coach could lose their job. If the player didn't report it, why would I report it. I'm sorry to say but demeaning kids doesn't just happen in urban schools. You just stereotyped the urban community or did you mean to say the "African American community." Again if you travel through the GCL & GMC you're probably going to hear coaches demean kids. I just wanted to hear everyone's thought on this post but to act like demeaning kids doesn't happen at these schools is like saying a high school kid doesn't curse. It happens is my point & whether it's right or wrong it's going to continue to happen. IE lineman misses a block his o line coach may call him a "" or if a kid blows a coverage his DC may call him a . I'm sorry I've been to a lot of football and basketball practices where I've seen these things occur and it happens more @ parochial schools. Ijs Thanks for answering the questions though, it gave me a little insight.
You do realize that ODE requires "snitching" as they have to report such behavior. I stand by my comments ?. Demeaning kids is completely different from coaching a kid hard.

Find me a school that has in their code of conduct that calling a kid a dumb@ss is acceptable...... Just 1 school. Just because it happens doesn't make it right. People that accept it are part of the reason why people get get turned away from football and why football coaches & teams have bad reputations on schools. Everyone these days is out to get football programs, you gotta be on top of your behavior at all times. .... Don't like it, find a new profession. Again, you can tell and still coach hard without calling kids dumb@sses.

You do realize that ODE requires "snitching" as they have to report such behavior. I stand by my comments ?. Demeaning kids is completely different from coaching a kid hard.

Find me a school that has in their code of conduct that calling a kid a dumb@ss is acceptable...... Just 1 school. Just because it happens doesn't make it right. People that accept it are part of the reason why people get get turned away from football and why football coaches & teams have bad reputations on schools. Everyone these days is out to get football programs, you gotta be on top of your behavior at all times. .... Don't like it, find a new profession. Again, you can tell and still coach hard without calling kids dumb@sses.
I agree with you. I find it hard to believe coach Kyle at St. Ignatius calls any of his players a dumb or uses any type of foul language.