California reservoir is expected to fall so low that a hydro-power plant will shut down for first time

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Water in a key California reservoir will fall so low this summer that its hydroelectric power plant will be forced to shut down for the first time, officials said Thursday, straining the state's already-taxed electric grid.

An unrelenting drought and record heat, both worsened by the changing climate, have pushed the water supply at Northern California's Lake Oroville to deplete rapidly. As a result of the "alarming levels," officials will likely be forced to close the Edward Hyatt Power Plant for the first time since it opened in 1967, California Energy Commission spokesperson Lindsay Buckley told CNN.

They were caught purposely draining it not long ago. Create crisis/profit (or control) from solution. It’s the new business model that’s all the rage.

:ROFLMAO: Oroville Dam came close to catastrophic failure in 2017 when both the main and emergency spillways were damaged, they had to lower the lake in order to make repairs.

:ROFLMAO: Oroville Dam came close to catastrophic failure in 2017 when both the main and emergency spillways were damaged, they had to lower the lake in order to make repairs.
You are correct. The night it happened, they had to evacuate thousands. As well as 2-3 south bound lanes, Hwy. 99, a major Highway, shut down north bound lanes, so that evacuees could also travel south on them to Sacramento. All north bound traffic from Sacramento north was shifted to I-5. If the dam had failed, it would have been catastrophic. I don’t believe the facility ever recovered from this failure. We have been in major drought mode, and it looks to be a long Summer, as temperatures have already hit triple digits from Bakersfield to southern Oregon. Wild land fire season is in full swing, and here’s hoping the loss of life is minimal.

I'm sure a few windmills will solve the problem. Plus with people leaving the state, they won't be needing as much power, well except for the fact that they want all cars to be electric. :ROFLMAO:

i"ll donate my water to Nancy and schiffhead in California..... let me drink a few beers first, I'll have cup ready for them in about a hour....

Gov. Newsom asks California residents to ration water ......cut use by 15%.

This is because crazed California liberals running the state have proven they do not know how to manage their water.

Liberals destroy everything they touch.