2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely see Valley View taking the West, with Brookville coming in at 2. In the East, it’s Bellbrook at the top, but I do think Waynesville challenges Franklin for the 2 spot. Franklin has lost a lot and they have a new system they aren’t used to going into this season.
Does anyone think Eaton has enough talent to make a push for second in the West and get past Brookville?

I think Oakwood will be a dark horse. Those kids are very smart and they will pick up the new OC and his gameplan quickly.
Never know what the Jacks will throw at you. Most inconsistent program around, but they can sneak up and bite you.
On paper, it's Valley View and Bellbrook. Waynesville, Brookville and Eaton will also be right there. Franklin will field a good team most years.

Does anyone think Eaton has enough talent to make a push for second in the West and get past Brookville?
The thing about Brookville is that they typically don't have a large following on here so we don't hear a great deal about them. They also remind me of MU in that they can fluctuate from a 6-4 team to a 9-1 team year to year. Some years Brookville will produce a strong team, others they don't. So with that in mind, Eaton could definitely push them, depending on if this is one of Brookville's better teams or not. Last year Brookville finished 7-2 while Eaton finished 5-5, but the score of their game was 14-7.

I think Bellbrook will be loaded, and that's the only team I feel confident about going into the season. There's just too many questions surrounding many of the other programs. The Franklin contingent isn't happy with where the program is under the new coach, and Valley View will be interesting as well. I think Eaton could surprise some folks, as well as Madison. I was told the new staff at Madison is really changing the culture in the weight room, and most importantly from that program's perspective, have community support behind them.

I think Bellbrook will be loaded, and that's the only team I feel confident about going into the season. There's just too many questions surrounding many of the other programs. The Franklin contingent isn't happy with where the program is under the new coach, and Valley View will be interesting as well. I think Eaton could surprise some folks, as well as Madison. I was told the new staff at Madison is really changing the culture in the weight room, and most importantly from that program's perspective, have community support behind them.
Simply put, Bellbrook not only has the most coming back, but they also have the consistency of their staff. Solid football programs are breaking in new coaching staffs like Franklin, Valley View, Madison, and Waynesville.

Depending on how the regions shake out, .500 could get you in. That gives Madison, Carlisle and Eaton a shot at getting in. Depends on how many games they can win in their nonconference. Eaton and Madison are playing a TOUGH nonconference slate.

Depending on how the regions shake out, .500 could get you in. That gives Madison, Carlisle and Eaton a shot at getting in. Depends on how many games they can win in their nonconference. Eaton and Madison are playing a TOUGH nonconference slate.
4-6 will get you in with a SWBL schedule, as a D5 team. Eaton will need to go .500

With the 16 team playoff expansion, how many SWBL schools do we all see making it? I think Bellbrook, Franklin, Waynesville from the East and Valley View, Brookville and Eaton in the West.

A lot of this will depend on the OOC outcomes for the individual teams and the league as a whole. I feel like the SWBL puts 3-5 teams in the playoffs most years. I would expect that number to be 4-6 teams if the OOC games go well. I agree, a 5-5 record should get you in consideration in DIV and DV. I would expect Bellbrook and Valley View to be locks for the playoffs. I think Franklin, Waynesville, and Eaton all have good chances to make the playoffs. Brookville and Madison would be two that I'm just not as familiar with, but would expect them to be in the mix as well.

I see Oakwood moving up two spots from last year. They were the 7th best team on SW side. They should finish 5th this year.

A lot of this will depend on the OOC outcomes for the individual teams and the league as a whole. I feel like the SWBL puts 3-5 teams in the playoffs most years. I would expect that number to be 4-6 teams if the OOC games go well. I agree, a 5-5 record should get you in consideration in DIV and DV. I would expect Bellbrook and Valley View to be locks for the playoffs. I think Franklin, Waynesville, and Eaton all have good chances to make the playoffs. Brookville and Madison would be two that I'm just not as familiar with, but would expect them to be in the mix as well.
i think Bellbrook and Valley View are locks, Franklin, Waynesville, and Brookville should get in, Madison and Eaton will more likely than not make it. Oakwood, Monroe, and Carlisle will be in the outside looking in. Carlisle usually floats right in that 16 seed range

The West is wide open, I’m friends with a teacher at VV who says the kids aren’t buying into this new staff at all, the entire team stood up for Coach Skidmoore and the old staff only to have the school board turn their backs on them.. the kids feel disrespected and they are angry about the whole situation. It’s a mess here in Germantown. On top of that drama they’re breaking in a brand new system and if you don’t have kids coming to voluntary workouts to learn it? Doesn’t leave much time. I’m expecting a down few years at VV.

Never know what will happen in GTown. It's a sad thing that kids allow things like that to steal the precious few years you have to play high school football. Leave those things to the adults and play.

I see Oakwood moving up two spots from last year. They were the 7th best team on SW side. They should finish 5th this year.
Technically in the new alignment there are only 5 teams on each side of the conference. And unfortunately for Oakwood I don’t see them passing any of the teams on their side.

Technically in the new alignment there are only 5 teams on each side of the conference. And unfortunately for Oakwood I don’t see them passing any of the teams on their side.
I know. Just trying to sound optimistic. ?

The Jacks are going to struggle again this year, however they might be more fun to watch with the new OC.

idk.
I am not picking them over Bellbrook or Franklin. But Waynesville lost alot and has a new coaching staff and Monroe has been inconsistent (Oakwood beat Monroe last year 23-21). Maybe they can climb to 3rd?

idk.
I am not picking them over Bellbrook or Franklin. But Waynesville lost alot and has a new coaching staff and Monroe has been inconsistent (Oakwood beat Monroe last year 23-21). Maybe they can climb to 3rd?
Waynesville’s biggest loss was at OLine. If they can find the right guys to fill in they should be okay. They lost some skill, but have plenty of guys to fill in those spots.

TRC schedules for'21

Schedules for the 2021 season:
Covington
08/20 A St. Henry
08/27 H Mechanicsburg
09/03 A Fort Loramie
09/10 H Troy Christian
09/17 A Tipp City Bethel
09/24 H Dayton Northridge
10/01 A West Milton Milton-Union
10/08 H Sidney Lehman Catholic
10/15 H De Graff Riverside