Three Rivers Athletic Conference 2021

A few games might be missing, but standings after 1 time through the league. Always gets interesting trying to manage arms once the tournament starts and you are in the thick of the league race.

1618922306850.png

A few games might be missing, but standings after 1 time through the league. Always gets interesting trying to manage arms once the tournament starts and you are in the thick of the league race.

View attachment 16590
Ross's record is incredibly misleading. They've been close in nearly every game they've been in. The lefty they threw against TCC managed the ump's zone incredibly and did a very good job throwing his curve for a strike. Definitely could've won that game if TCC didn't squeeze in those couple hits in the last 2 1/2 innings.

I understand SFS is incredibly banged up at catcher? What the heck happened there?

Still anyone's league IMO.

Ross's record is incredibly misleading. They've been close in nearly every game they've been in. The lefty they threw against TCC managed the ump's zone incredibly and did a very good job throwing his curve for a strike. Definitely could've won that game if TCC didn't squeeze in those couple hits in the last 2 1/2 innings.

I understand SFS is incredibly banged up at catcher? What the heck happened there?

Still anyone's league IMO.

Not sure about the catcher, but it appears they struggle to hit. No hit by St. Johns and were being no hit vs Clay with two outs and two strikes in the 7th.

Not sure about the catcher, but it appears they struggle to hit. No hit by St. Johns and were being no hit vs Clay with two outs and two strikes in the 7th.
Sheesh.

I know that they not only lost their starter, but their backup as well. I guess both are injured but the starter's was somewhat bad (I kept hearing "no structural damage" but not necessarily what the injury was)? They've had a JV catcher in there the past two games.

Clay beat SJ last night in extra innings.

Next week gets a little more interesting as Clay has yet to play CCHS and Whitmer even though they have faced SJ twice already.

Clay beat SJ last night in extra innings.

Next week gets a little more interesting as Clay has yet to play CCHS and Whitmer even though they have faced SJ twice already.

5 teams within 1 loss of 1st place.

I am interested in the next Clay - Findlay game and the Clay - Central games. It looks like Findlay has a pretty solid arm. I assume he did not throw against Clay the 1st time around.

1619440271585.png

I am interested in the next Clay - Findlay game and the Clay - Central games. It looks like Findlay has a pretty solid arm. I assume he did not throw against Clay the 1st time around.

View attachment 16744
It looks like this is basically Clay's league to lose. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but they could very much win it all.

It looks like this is basically Clay's league to lose. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but they could very much win it all.
Clay and SJ in the drivers seat to a degree but still way too many unknowns.

Clay vs Central will be interesting and they still have to play twice. Wonder if Melcariek throws the Oregonian Markus kid?

Clay and SJ in the drivers seat to a degree but still way too many unknowns.

Clay vs Central will be interesting and they still have to play twice. Wonder if Melcariek throws the Oregonian Markus kid?
Agree with you on both points, but tonight's SJJ/CC game could potentially change who's sitting in it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case when the game finally comes around. Markus has been doing very well so far this year on both sides of the ball, but I know they beat SJJ the first time around without him on the mound. Kid has a lot of potential nonetheless.

View attachment 16744

I meant I was interested in the Clay/Whitmer games ;). Wow, 2-1 Clay win in 11. Whitmer pitcher went 9 - only giving up 1 run. Marsico for Clay relieved Jurski to pick up the win. Marsico seems to throw in tight situations about 3 times a week and keeps coming through.

St. Johns beat Central 1-0.

Great pitching or poor hitting in the league? Don't see a lot of high strikeout numbers for anyone, with the exception of one of the the Findlay pitchers. Tend to think poor hitting. Although the numbers below may show otherwise.

Last edited:
St. Johns beat Central 1-0.

Great pitching or poor hitting in the league? Don't see a lot of high strikeout numbers for anyone, with the exception of one of the the Findlay pitchers. Tend to think poor hitting. Although the numbers below may show otherwise.
Great pitching. Believe Davis went all 8 innings and had 15 K's while Markus went 7 and had 14. It was undoubtedly a pitcher's duel. Lot of good arms in this league.

Anyone see the diving behind-the-back glove flip double play the shortstop for SJJ had? Absolutely crazy show of fielding.

Great pitching. Believe Davis went all 8 innings and had 15 K's while Markus went 7 and had 14. It was undoubtedly a pitcher's duel. Lot of good arms in this league.

Anyone see the diving behind-the-back glove flip double play the shortstop for SJJ had? Absolutely crazy show of fielding.

Davis going to Kzoo College, Jurski going to Notre Dame College (Elyria). Sleasman going to Findlay. Markus is a soph right? More of a hitting/position player prospect or is pitching his future? Clay has a Soph. with a pretty live arm - name escapes me.

Sounded like a great game. Last Friday's was a doozy when SJ lost 3-2 to Clay but you'd never know it because the Blade decided not to even print the score even though it was submitted.

Marsico came in for relief against SJ last week and pounded the zone for the win (Barnes went 5).

Clay has two really good sophomore arms in Barnes and Kennedy. Pretty crazy considering Markus is an Oregon kid too. Outside of Jurski the entire Clay staff comes back. First Clay team I have seen in some time that looks and plays like old Clay teams (grit). Second half of the season will measure their ability as they will not sneak up on anyone.

Markus is a soph right? More of a hitting/position player prospect or is pitching his future?
Yes.

I honestly couldn't tell you what he ends up choosing. Definitely can hit the ball and he usually plays behind Stopera at short when he comes in to pitch and does a good job. He's definitely going to be Central's 1 man on the mound if he wasn't already come next year.

Clay also has a few other great Sophmores arms at the JV level. Hoersten, Rife, and Stager. Also Frosh Gallaher is very solid as well. Clay should do very well the next 3-4 years.

Speaking of Clay, what happened in the last two games? Dropped SV 9-5 two days ago, and then Findlay run-ruled them yesterday?

Still anyone's league with Clay and SJ still tied at the top with 2 losses. Clay has already played SF & SJ twice but have yet to play CC once. I believe they match-up Monday.

I see CC not only has the soph. Markus but Tony Guerra's kid is a stud frosh on JV essentially shutting down the area's top JV teams. I also see SF has a freshman pitcher in Bublick with some talent.

The final two TRAC years should be exciting.

Still anyone's league with Clay and SJ still tied at the top with 2 losses. Clay has already played SF & SJ twice but have yet to play CC once. I believe they match-up Monday.

I see CC not only has the soph. Markus but Tony Guerra's kid is a stud frosh on JV essentially shutting down the area's top JV teams. I also see SF has a freshman pitcher in Bublick with some talent.

The final two TRAC years should be exciting.
Clay is the gold standard for my money in the TRAC going forward. CCHS does have Markus, Tressler in the '23 class and then add Guerra and Jaxon Sanchez in the 2024 class. Clay has Coughlin, Fortier and Mays, all studs for my money. League will be fun to watch the next few years.

CCHS does have Markus, Tressler in the '23 class and then add Guerra and Jaxon Sanchez in the 2024 class.
If we are referring to just general players rather than just pitchers, they will also still have Trey Gray in '22 as well.I MO he is the best Catcher in the TRAC right now. I believe him and Stopera both got 1st team all-district.

Bernal for CC on the mound today against Clay. Huge game.

I haven't seen Gray play, but it would be tough for anyone in the TRAC to be better than Kennedy(Clay) at Catcher. Defensively, he's one of best catchers I've seen in awhile.

I haven't seen Gray play, but it would be tough for anyone in the TRAC to be better than Kennedy(Clay) at Catcher. Defensively, he's one of best catchers I've seen in awhile.
I'm partial but would agree. I have not seen Gray play either but think Kennedy is a great catcher.

I admittedly hadn't seen Kennedy play much this season, but I did get a chance to see both in action last night and know now the two are definitely neck and neck in terms of defensive play. Two very solid players.

Clay defeats CC today for a share of the league with SJ. CC in a tough predicament with pitching and the state tournament.

SJ and CC still playing. Go all the way boys.