Gop calls on Rep. Gonzalez to resign

The fact that Trump evolved and changed his political stripes actually gives him more credibility IMO. You know who else was a democrat that switched to being a republican? Ronald Reagan.
I have read and heard that Trump switched from Democrat to Republican because he saw a better opportunity of being nominated as a Republican. It worked.

I get that people love him because he is anti-establishment. I really do. He is unapologetic and crass and people were/are fed up with status quo. But Trump has to be the most self serving human I've ever seen. If this guy cared about America, and I mean truly cared, he would not be on a blog running the GOP from Mar-La-Go trying to purge every enemy from the party. It is ALWAYS about him.
You are just too hung up on his personality. I don't GAS about that. And really think it is silly that others do.

The spending Trump did was certainly not unlike Republicans. Surely you don't think Republicans as a whole are fiscal conservatives?
I stated that I long for the return of the old GOP. Back when they were fiscally responsible. Why embrace a cheap imitation?

I long for the return of the true GOP. What is Liz Chaney voting record? What party nominated and ran John McCain and Mitt Romney for President? Cheney and Gonzalez are the true Republicans. Not the Trump party. I have always contended that Trump has never represented the Republican party but is the leader of a hybrid third party. The senators and representatives are elected to serve their constituents. Their constituents are the ones that should be allowed to decide whether to keep them in office or not. Not the Republican party. Not the Democrat party. Gonzalez is my representatives. I don't need someone to tell me my vote doesn't count. Where is your proof that Trump's impeachments were bogus? If the left had 67 senators and voted to convict would that had made it not bogus?
I certainly don’t want or trust the establishment/neocon GOP of McCain and Romney. They are a huge reason why Trump won in 2016. Grassroots conservatives were tired of the GOP that only cared about placating the Chamber of Commerce and the defense industry. They were globalists to the Nth degree, as well. Trump, for all his personal faults, was America first in his policies. He upset the status quo of the DC kickback money machine of the Dem and Rep swamp rats and they were prepared to do anything to get him out so they could return DC to their own playground. The media morons were useful idiots in the effort to get it done. In the end, it took Covid to derail Trump. Barely.

I certainly don’t want or trust the establishment/neocon GOP of McCain and Romney. They are a huge reason why Trump won in 2016. Grassroots conservatives were tired of the GOP that only cared about placating the Chamber of Commerce and the defense industry. They were globalists to the Nth degree, as well. Trump, for all his personal faults, was America first in his policies. He upset the status quo of the DC kickback money machine of the Dem and Rep swamp rats and they were prepared to do anything to get him out so they could return DC to their own playground. The media morons were useful idiots in the effort to get it done. In the end, it took Covid to derail Trump. Barely.
And if Trump would have embraced his covid achievements and publicly took his covid shot instead of hiding behind closed doors I believe he would have been re-elected. He just couldn't get out of his own way?‍♂️

I have read and heard that Trump switched from Democrat to Republican because he saw a better opportunity of being nominated as a Republican. It worked.
Self serving. Now he has reshaped the GOP in his image. As sad as it is it will not work because at some point you HAVE to reach out to others and work with people. Not purge people like Cheney and Gonzalez.

Well, that is probably true. But for the most part he was a conservative. Being a populist is an entirely different thing, he was that too.

Populism has a long history of being a part of the conservative movement. It was driven from the party first by the GOP's embrace of Corporatism and then by the Neo-conservatives who wanted to intervene all over the world and couldn't say no to a war. Both Corporatism (globalism) and nation building are antithetical to populists so in order to run the party the way they liked the populists had to be driven out of the GOP.

The problem was that most good conservatives have a populist streak in them. If you embrace patriotism then you have to accept at least some elements of populism. If you believe a nation is strongest when it's people are fully employed and live in prosperous communities then you have to reject extreme globalism. If you believe that America should not be spending precious blood & treasure on Nation Building then you are at least in part a populist.

Obviously extreme populism can morph into fascism. But a healthy society needs a healthy dose of populism. Reagan and Trump were both populists to varying degrees. GW Bush was not and personalities aside who truly governed better and left a better legacy?

Good post. Makes sense.

Self serving. Now he has reshaped the GOP in his image. As sad as it is it will not work because at some point you HAVE to reach out to others and work with people. Not purge people like Cheney and Gonzalez.
When I voted Gonzalez was listed on my ballot as a Republican. Who do I sue for false advertisement?

And when was this golden time that republicans were fiscally responsible?
Lol. You got me there. They campaigned as the fiscally responsible party. I give them credit back when they talked a good game. Does it count if they are more fiscally responsible when the Left is in office?

Intelligence community. Buuuuut anyone who says anything adverse to Trump's narrative is instantly cast as anti-Trump deep state.

IB I started having serious doubts about the honesty and competence of our Intelligence Community when Saddam's WOMD didn't turn up. Didn't you? I fully supported that war and it wasn't until years later and after seeing all the evidence that I realized what a fool I was and how dishonest Bush and the Intelligence community were.

Lol. You got me there. They campaigned as the fiscally responsible party. I give them credit back when they talked a good game. Does it count if they are more fiscally responsible when the Left is in office?
THEY CAMPAIGNED - eg, they fund raised on the issue. Big difference to actually doing anything about it. And like the democrats with poverty & racism they never wanted to see the spending problem solved because then how would they get elected and how would they fund their campaigns?

The Tea Party was destroyed by the republican party. Ever think about why that was?

And no it doesn't count that the GOP only spends like drunken sailors when the democrats spend like coke infused drunken sailors.

And if Trump would have embraced his covid achievements and publicly took his covid shot instead of hiding behind closed doors I believe he would have been re-elected. He just couldn't get out of his own way?‍♂️
I will never deny he was often his own worst enemy. That’s still no excuse for the media blackout of his productive achievements while delivering a steady diet of negative and often embellished stories about Trump.

Good question. Just another reason why the country is unraveling. When the bureaucratic state teamed up with the Obama administration and democrat party to spy on and interfere with first the Trump campaign and then the Trump transition into the White House a line was crossed.

I'm not sure it's a line that can be uncrossed.

So when the powers that be produce a report that claims the Russians helped Trump, which is very different then saying the Russians messed with our election which I believe did happen, half the country does not believe it. And why should we?

The middle ground in this country disappeared a long time ago. I don't believe it's a virtue to sit in the middle. Unfortunately IMO we've reached the time where you will have to start choosing sides. If you can't bring yourself to do that fine. But no longer will folks consider those occupying the middle as being somehow more reasonable then those at either end of the ideological spectrum.
The power was a bipartisan commission led by Senate Republicans...but OK.

Muller passed his finding on to the AG. The AG was in Trump's pocket and chose to not pursue Muller's finding. Keep cherry picking. Read on and tell me President is exonerated by the Senate Intelligence Committee. How would he know? He didn't even read it. I don't have to follow any party line. Usually where there is smoke there is fire. I think President Clinton and President Trump should have been investigated by an independent panel. We will never know the absolute truth. I guess you think Clinton and Trump are both innocent of all charges against them. It would be totally unethical and biased for you to think otherwise. Keep feeding the conspiracy theories. My life doesn't change no matter who is the President of the United States. I bow down to no one.

"U.S. President Donald Trump said the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee’s final report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election showed he had not colluded with Russia or Ukraine.
“I don't know anything about it. I didn't read it," Trump told reporters on August 18 in Yuma, Arizona, where he was holding a campaign event. "It's all a hoax."
Trump, who has repeatedly called the Russia investigations a “hoax," added, “All I know is that I have nothing to do with [Russia or Ukraine] and that came out loud and clear in the report."
Trump's 2020 campaign responded to the report by saying it was evidence that there was no collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign. The "Russia Collusion Hoax is the greatest political scandal in the history of this country," it added in a statement.
The report details an aggressive effort by Russia to interfere in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf. It says the Trump campaign chairman had regular contact with a Russian intelligence officer and says other Trump associates were eager to exploit the Kremlin's aid.
The panel's report concluded that Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's contacts with Kremlin-linked individuals posed a grave counterintelligence threat.'s report concluded that Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's contacts with Kremlin-linked individuals posed a grave counterintelligence threat.
SEE ALSO:

Senate Panel Releases 'Most Comprehensive' Report On Russia's 2016 Election Interference

The fifth and final report by the Republican-led committee also found that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the hack into the Democratic Party and the leak of information to damage Hillary Clinton and her presidential campaign against Trump.
The Senate panel called the 1,300-page report “the most comprehensive description to date of Russia's activities and the threat they posed,” describing Russia as engaged in an “aggressive, multifaceted effort to influence, or attempt to influence, the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.”

The bipartisan investigation lasted almost 3 1/2 years.
“Moscow's intent was to harm the Clinton campaign, tarnish an expected Clinton presidential administration, help the Trump campaign after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and undermine the U.S. democratic process,” the report stated.
It also found that WikiLeaks played a key role in Russia's effort to influence the election to help Trump, and that the website “very likely knew” it was assisting a Russian influence effort, the committee’s report said.
While Russia’s GRU military intelligence and WikiLeaks released hacked Democratic Party documents, the report found the Trump campaign sought to use the WikiLeaks hacks to aid the campaign.
The panel does not reach a conclusion about whether there is enough evidence that Trump’s campaign coordinated or colluded with Russia, leaving that open to interpretation by Republicans and Democrats.
A group of Republicans on the panel submitted “additional views,” saying that it should state more explicitly that Trump’s campaign did not coordinate with Russia. But Democrats on the panel submitted their own views, arguing that the report clearly shows such cooperation.
The Senate investigation also examined issues of interest to Trump that were not explored by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who concluded in a report issued in 2019 that Russia interfered in the election. Those include the FBI's reliance on a dossier of opposition research compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele, whose work was financed by Democrats.
Senator Marco Rubio (Republican-Florida), the committee's acting chairman, said in a statement that the committee was troubled that the FBI had been willing to use the dossier “without verifying its methodology or sourcing” as it applied for secret surveillance warrants.

The Senate panel lays out close contacts between Trump associates and the Russians, describing in particular Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s connections to Russia and Russia-aligned oligarchs in Ukraine.
The report notes how for years Manafort worked closely with Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska and Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian whom the FBI suspects has ties to Russian intelligence. The panel unequivocally states Kilimnik was a Russian intelligence officer and that Deripaska coordinated with the Russian government to conduct influence operations abroad.
“Taken as a whole, Manafort's high-level access and willingness to share information with individuals closely affiliated with the Russian intelligence services, particularly Kilimnik and associates of Oleg Deripaska, represented a grave counterintelligence threat,” the panel said.
Manafort was sentenced in March 2019 to more than seven years in prison after being convicted on bank- and tax-fraud charges and charges stemming from his work for Ukrainian politicians. The convictions did not deal directly with questions of possible Russian interference in the election."
https://www.rferl.org/a/kyrgyzstan-tajikistan-vorukh-border/31248057.html
https://www.rferl.org/a/romania-nationalists-xenophobic-parable-bear-poaching/31248097.html
https://www.rferl.org/a/qishloq-ovo...rder-conflict-neighbors-stances/31247967.html
https://www.rferl.org/a/famous-last-words-(in-court)/31247500.html

If your "life doesnt change" based on election results why bother voting?

Not understanding how politics effects your life is a call for reality to strike.

G you are cherry picking again. So you also think President Clinton impeachment was a hoax also? I am not saying Trump is guilty of collusion. I am saying none of us actual know. It was never properly investigated. Both sides pretty much voted the party line which we all knew was going to happen going in. You can't prove Trump isn't guilty.
Clinton's impeachment was a farce just as the Trump impeachment was.

Mueller was a massive investigation which found nothing on collusion by their own admission.

Show me your indisputable proof. A non bias independent documented truth. I fell for nothing. I don't walk in lock step with either party. I find it hilarious that if you don't totally agree with the Trump party line then you have to be a liberal. No independence allowed.
A Mueller investigation packed with anti Trumpers couldnt find anything.. that's pretty indisputable.

Lol - "the other team."

He is an American 1st. We are all same team BUT a partisan hack like yourself struggles with the concept.
Says the partisan hack who decries what the left stands for and votes for them anyway.

We are talking in context of politics, Democrats and Republicans. So yes he went to bat for the other team when he bought the big lie.

Increased minority support ?‍♂️

When does the left reach out?

I'll take, "process crimes for a 100," Alex.
Why did they all lie? The process crime excuse as the administration racked up indictments guilty pleas and sentences Lin a steady stream and it may not be done .(. Rudy G. doesn’t have Billy Barr to protect him now )! Weak sauce . Even for you .