UD Arena to host OHSAA state basketball tournaments through 2024

For many years, my dad and I used to go to all the state tournament games at the Schott. This year my wife surprised me with tickets to 2 state semifinal games in Dayton, so we made the quick weekend trip to Dayton to visit UD Arena. It was only for 1 day, but I really liked it. It was a good size gymnasium - not too big. If the free parking stays the same, it'll be a HUGE plus! But I doubt that will remain after this year. I agree about not as many things to do in the area, but for the fans who watch all 12 games, it doesn't really matter, because you really only go from hotel to UD Arena, back to hotel, back to UD Arena, back to hotel, back to UD Arena, then home.

For many years, my dad and I used to go to all the state tournament games at the Schott. This year my wife surprised me with tickets to 2 state semifinal games in Dayton, so we made the quick weekend trip to Dayton to visit UD Arena. It was only for 1 day, but I really liked it. It was a good size gymnasium - not too big. If the free parking stays the same, it'll be a HUGE plus! But I doubt that will remain after this year. I agree about not as many things to do in the area, but for the fans who watch all 12 games, it doesn't really matter, because you really only go from hotel to UD Arena, back to hotel, back to UD Arena, back to hotel, back to UD Arena, then home.
I bet the free parking wont last...........

But I am OK with this move.

Try to get reservations at the courtyard right across the street and you can walk to the games.

It was OSU’s to lose and the university wanted to go in another direction. Part of me wants it to stay in Columbus. But sadly, Columbus does not want it. Props for UD and the city for stepping up and hopefully make it their own.
Very, very true. Ohio State for whatever reason seems to to be walking away from OHSAA. It is too bad but it is OSU's loss. UD will do a wonderful job.

Very, very true. Ohio State for whatever reason seems to to be walking away from OHSAA. It is too bad but it is OSU's loss. UD will do a wonderful job.
God only knows what's going on behind closed doors in Columbus, but if they don't want it, we are happy to have it. Right around the corner from my house.