2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Maybe they were going off PFF, they listed Carman as the 48th in their overall rankings, which would make him a 2nd rd.
CBS had him 51st
Or maybe they’re a franchise run by re*ards? I think that’s more likely the case. I’ll bet $ they’re already planning on using a 5th or 6th round pick on Justin Hilliard.

whats wrong with hilliard? he was great when he was healthy at OSU. i hope they get tommy K also. he would look great in bengal stripes.

jtk
()

Or maybe they’re a franchise run by re*ards? I think that’s more likely the case. I’ll bet $ they’re already planning on using a 5th or 6th round pick on Justin Hilliard.
Better be careful, they may bar you from PBS

Have you even watched one play or heard of Carmen before tonight? I would have preferred Jenkins but I trust Pollack who is one of the best Oline coaches out there.

whats wrong with hilliard? he was great when he was healthy at OSU. i hope they get tommy K also. he would look great in bengal stripes.

jtk
()
His injury history and the fact he’s rated as an UDFA by most sites. Trey Smith is a better option than Kraemer if they get a 2nd Guard.

I’m really not trying to be a , but Bengals fans need to pump the breaks. You’re in a Division with 3 playoff teams, it’s going to be a few yrs before you get anywhere near the playoff discussion

jtk
()

Very good special teams athlete and finally seems to be healthy. For having had 2-3 major bicep/tricep injuries, this dude showed an impressive amount of strength and endurance on the bench press at his pro day.

I'd be thrilled if they picked him up in the 6th or 7th round as depth. If he continues to stay healthy, Hilliard still has the athleticism and raw potential to possibly be more than a good body on special teams.

Five losses by five points or less last year and they take the best kicker in the draft in a later round. Yeah, what a terrible pick.

Fairly happy with their trio of 4th round picks in the trenches. Would have loved to see James Hudson as I think he has a ton of potential, but the Browns swiped him before the Bengals first pick of the day.

Five losses by five points or less last year and they take the best kicker in the draft in a later round. Yeah, what a terrible pick.

Fairly happy with their trio of 4th round picks in the trenches. Would have loved to see James Hudson as I think he has a ton of potential, but the Browns swiped him before the Bengals first pick of the day.
It is a terrible pick when there’s a bounty of a FA Kickers.

Bengals fans are so delusional. Jonah Williams, who can’t stay healthy, is “good enough” at LT. The Guards suck so they overdraft Carman but it’s cool bc he grew up wanting to play for the Bengals. It’s cool drafting a Kicker in the 5th round bc he’s really good, never mind the value added by a Kicker is minimal. I can’t handle these idiots. This is why the Bengals deserve to lose.

I don’t believe Bengals fan ever thought they had a bad Draft. Maybe that’s a protection mechanism to maintain optimism after 30 awful years but the mental gymnastics is scary. It really is like a cult. It’s so bad, I’ve got people telling me to rethink my opinion of the Carman selection based off what Dave Lapham had to say.

I would have preferred Sewell in the first round, but overall I thought they had an okay draft. They added a lot of much needed depth along the lines. WR wasn't necessarily a need, but they added a game changer at that position and made the skill positions a definitive strength. They turned the 38th pick into Carman along with depth at OT and DT.

The offensive line will be better than last year, but is still a work in progress. "Always hurt" Jonah Williams started 44 straight games at Alabama. I think he'll be fine. The games Williams and Su'a-Filo missed last year equal a starter, Reiff will start, and I imagine Carman will start at guard. It's an improvement, and hopefully they finish overhauling the line and depth next off-season.

Yeah, why not just take an interior lineman, was not impressed with Carman vs OSU last year in the CFP.

That wan't how I remembered the game so I went back and looked again at Carman's play:
Carman gives up 1 pressure in the 4th and 1 sack in the 4th where he took Smith wide and Lawrence under pressure from the interior loops back into Smith. Nothing in the first 3 qtr's. His run blocking when he had to reach wasn't good, he did have several pancakes.
Clemson's interior line was getting manhandled by the Buckeyes; not Carman

Last edited:
I didn't like the Bengals draft; mainly because they should taken Sewell instead of Chase, drafted Jenkins instead of trading down. The 4th rd picks were decent although they should have had only 1 because I don't think they should have made the trade, they took a kicker in the 5th -meh and flyers in the 6th & 7th
Expect Chase to be injured; because that what happens to Bengal 1st rd picks lately

Grade? I will grade this draft in 3 years.

I didn't like the Bengals draft; mainly because they should taken Sewell instead of Chase, drafted Jenkins instead of trading down. The 4th rd picks were decent although they should have had only 1 because I don't think they should have made the trade, they took a kicker in the 5th -meh and flyers in the 6th & 7th
Expect Chase to be injured; because that what happens to Bengal 1st rd picks lately

Grade? I will grade this draft in 3 years.
I give it a C-, would be lower but I think the Ossai pick is an A+.

i like how football fans that don't have strong feelings for the bengals have really strong opinions. lol

i do root and follow the bengals with a great passion. i don't like the draft. the problem i have is trading pick 38 and they could've had a first round OL talent there. a kicker? seriously. if chase is all that and pollack is that great of a coach, i may eat my words.

jtk
()

Carman was a "reach" at the 2nd pick, if history is any judge when the Bengals reach for a player bad results follow : Ross, Cedric O., Sample. Look how the Chargers drafted ( and signed FA ) o - line help for Herbert and the Bengals pick up Reiff for 1 year ( draft a tackle for the purpose of playing guard ) which means Bengals will have to look for a tackle again next year.

Last edited:
i like how football fans that don't have strong feelings for the bengals have really strong opinions. lol

i do root and follow the bengals with a great passion. i don't like the draft. the problem i have is trading pick 38 and they could've had a first round OL talent there. a kicker? seriously. if chase is all that and pollack is that great of a coach, i may eat my words.

jtk
()
The stupidity drives me insane. Again, maybe it’s a defense mechanism to keep some semblance of optimism but it’s scary that fans take seriously what Bengals insiders have to say about the Draft. Of course they’re going to give it good marks, they want to stay connected to the organization. However, listen to what non partisan analysts have to say, it’s not good.

And yeah Frank Pollack is a good coach but fans are expecting him to be a miracle worker. If Michaelangelo had crappy clay to mold the statue of David, it wouldn’t be the historical work of art it is today.

Carman was a "reach" at the 2nd pick, if history is any judge when the Bengals reach for a player bad results follow : Ross, Cedric O., Sample. Look how the Chargers drafted ( and signed FA ) o - line help for Herbert and the Bengals pick up Reiff for 1 year ( draft a tackle for the purpose of playing guard ) which means Bengals will have to look for a tackle again next year.
Which is why it would’ve been nice to draft Sewell, have him play LG for a yr, then in ‘22 kick Williams over to RT and move Sewell to LT.

Doehner, jr. had a good article in the Athletic, basically saying if the line is average the Bengals are in really good shape. However, the best you can say right now is maybe the line is okay, and that's not good enough.

Doehner, jr. had a good article in the Athletic, basically saying if the line is average the Bengals are in really good shape. However, the best you can say right now is maybe the line is okay, and that's not good enough.

Which is why it’s so maddening they didn’t take Sewell. If your QB is the most impt player on your team, doesn’t it stand to reason the player most accountable to protect him is the 2nd most impt?