Minster Job Opening

yes, he changed it to FIT his way of doing things.... not very many coaches do it the way he does it.... but Moore had things going the right way... i mean he did win two State Championships at LaSalle and took Massillon to the State Finals
Moore may have gotten there eventually, but definitely didn't have it going the right way when he left. Lifting was far from quality, went to the weight room but I'm not sure the lifting actually did any good the way it was being preformed. And yes he won there, but also has a whole D1 facility and the specialized support staff/coaches that come with that.

Moore may have gotten there eventually, but definitely didn't have it going the right way when he left. Lifting was far from quality, went to the weight room but I'm not sure the lifting actually did any good the way it was being preformed. And yes he won there, but also has a whole D1 facility and the specialized support staff/coaches that come with that.
he left to go to LaSalle( who approached him) and won two state Championships.... and the Massillon came looking for him and he has done a very good job there... but it must have been the Facilities.... dang those support coaches did a hellva job there...

he left to go to LaSalle( who approached him) and won two state Championships.... and the Massillon came looking for him and he has done a very good job there... but it must have been the Facilities.... dang those support coaches did a hellva job there...
You'd be surprised what an established lifting program and good strength coach can do

You'd be surprised what an established lifting program and good strength coach can do
.... and you would be surprised what a good coach can do, at three straight programs..... Moores's last year here in 2012, we barely got beat by Marion Local , who won the State Championship, in fact just a play here or two, and we win that game...... but then Maybe Marion Local didn't have a solid weight lifting program going at that time..... thats probably why we kept the score so close 34-41.....

Last edited:
i just disagree, tell me why you would think that he didn't have a quality program going or a quality lifting program going?

i just disagree, tell me why you would think that he didn't have a quality program going or a quality lifting program going?
Because he didn't...did you play for him? Were you in that weight room? I'm not saying he's a bad coach over all, but when at Minster their lifting was basically non existent.

Because he didn't...did you play for him? Were you in that weight room? I'm not saying he's a bad coach over all, but when at Minster their lifting was basically non existent.
I wouldn’t say the lifting was non existent, I would say it wasn’t up to par with where it should have been. I went through the transition and the change in the weight room did wonders for those who bought in to the process. Coach Moore did good things and Coach Stokes did good things for this program. Moore brought back winning and Stokes brought in a blue collar hard working mentality. Both very smart, successful, and driven people.

Whiting is good. I was very impressed with what he did in his few years at NW, which has historically been a very difficult place to win at that has little tradition in football.
How long did he stick around at NW? Was the cupboard getting bare? Cause at minster the well is dry there’s nothing even worth talking about in that program.

How long did he stick around at NW? Was the cupboard getting bare? Cause at minster the well is dry there’s nothing even worth talking about in that program.
Last season they were bad, real bad. Believe they had a top notch RB transfer after the 2019 year.
With that said, between the big three sports NW seems to be barren. Hoops team is very disfunctional.
but I have no idea when Whting was there.

There wasn't much there when he arrived at Northwestern IMO. They had six wins in the four years preceding him, and had had only two winning seasons in the prior 25 years. For a couple of years he had a very good QB for their league that I think could have been a good D3 QB at Wittenberg or an OAC school if he wanted to go that route. That kid had roughly 4,000 total yards of offense and 40 TDs as a senior, and Whiting seemed to do a good job of adjusting the offense and becoming more balanced as needed by the kids that followed that QB.

The year after he left they went 1-9 and played a ton of sophomores. Those guys made the playoffs for the first time in the school's history their senior year in 2018. IMO he did a lot to change what had for a long time been an insufficient culture in terms of achieving football success. Between him and his successor (Shane Carter) NW has had five seasons at or above .500 in the last nine years. The school had only had 13-14 such seasons in over 60 years of football before Whiting was hired, and the majority of those years were in the 50s and 60s.

Last edited:
Last season they were bad, real bad. Believe they had a top notch RB transfer after the 2019 year.
With that said, between the big three sports NW seems to be barren. Hoops team is very disfunctional.
but I have no idea when Whting was there.

That kid's walking on at Purdue...the difference he made with his talent level relative to the norm in the league probably would have gotten them to .500 this year.

Before Whiting, what they were this year was the norm and they'd been going 0-10 to 3-7 nearly every year for at least 30 years. Dysfunction was the norm and he managed to change the culture and get folks to buy-in. From what I've seen he seemed to do a very good job at Alliance. I'd be surprised if he doesn't build a formidable program at Minster.

That kid's walking on at Purdue...the difference he made with his talent level relative to the norm in the league probably would have gotten them to .500 this year.

Before Whiting, what they were this year was the norm and they'd been going 0-10 to 3-7 nearly every year for at least 30 years. Dysfunction was the norm and he managed to change the culture and get folks to buy-in. From what I've seen he seemed to do a very good job at Alliance. I'd be surprised if he doesn't build a formidable program at Minster.
Seems like this was a solid hire, only time will tell. Good thing is Minster returns a lot of starters and the incoming freshman class is a very solid deep class. Mix that with a small, but solid group of juniors and sophomores could be very successful.

Seems like this was a solid hire, only time will tell. Good thing is Minster returns a lot of starters and the incoming freshman class is a very solid deep class. Mix that with a small, but solid group of juniors and sophomores could be very successful.

Minster has a lot of positive factors that come along with the job...if they have any talent coming up I'd expect him to have some success. Time will tell.

If he has a kid that can legitimately sling it he will go 5 out from the gun quite a bit.

A few years ago he had a kid rush for nearly 2,500 yards at Alliance. After the good QB graduated at NW, they probably had a 60/40 run/pass split with a lot of zone read and motion. I think that's more in line with what he did at Alliance. Regardless, he will probably operate mainly from the shotgun and spread the defense out.

If he has a kid that can legitimately sling it he will go 5 out from the gun quite a bit.

A few years ago he had a kid rush for nearly 2,500 yards at Alliance. After the good QB graduated at NW, they probably had a 60/40 run/pass split with a lot of zone read and motion. I think that's more in line with what he did at Alliance. Regardless, he will probably operate mainly from the shotgun and spread the defense out.
we have been running that type of O for the past 11 years