INTERESTED IN BECOMING A BASKETBALL OFFICIAL? I CAN HELP.

mrroosevelt

Hello All,
I assign basketball officials for a league in Stark County. Basketball, like most other sports, is in great need of adding new officials to our sport. It is a great part time job with flexible days and hours. You can generally work as much, or a little, as you wish. You won't be able to quit your full-time job, but the pay isn't bad and you will meet great people in the officiating and coaching community!! I am here to help guide anyone who is interested to the proper channels necessary to get your officiating permit. Obviously, I am MOST interested in adding to my officiating pool for my league in Northeast Ohio, but I would be more than happy to guide ANYONE through the process.
If you would like more information or have any questions, you can message me on yappi or, better yet, shoot me an email.

Thanks much!
Curt Hamilton
c_hamilton@marlingtonlocal.org

20+ year official here. contact mrroosevelt. Want to stay close to the game? Get paid to exercise and stay involved in the game? Become an official, the pay is pretty good if you break it down per hour and you can enjoy some great camaraderie among other people who love the game of basketball. It really is a rewarding avocation and a good 2nd job.

20+ year official here. contact mrroosevelt. Want to stay close to the game? Get paid to exercise and stay involved in the game? Become an official, the pay is pretty good if you break it down per hour and you can enjoy some great camaraderie among other people who love the game of basketball. It really is a rewarding avocation and a good 2nd job.

Thank you for that statement friend!!

Curt - What are the qualities of good official? Also, can females work boys games? Thanks

Well. I think the most important quality is that an official is there for the right reasons. To me, the right reasons are: they love the game, they like kids/believe that athletics can be a great part of the high school experience, and that officiating is a way to give back to the game/kids.....not to call attention to himself or herself.

And, yes......we have several great female officials who do boys varsity games.

Curt - What are the qualities of good official? Also, can females work boys games? Thanks

I know there are number of very good female Officials in SWO. There is a real shortage of Officials I believe in almost every Sport these days.

Do you have any connects to somebody offering officiating classes in Southwest/Dayton area??? One of my kids wants to become a ref.

Do you have any connects to somebody offering officiating classes in Southwest/Dayton area??? One of my kids wants to become a ref.
Go to the Websites of either Ohio Valley Basketball Officials' Assn, Greater Cincinnati Basketball Official's Assn, of Middletown Basketball Official's Assn.....

I would advise that you stay away from a class that isn't in conjunction with an officiating association.