Northmont Basketball

Rockhold will be silly to leave all that young talent in the program. The JV team started 3 or 4 freshman half the time and we're pretty good. This kids won the GWOC 2 years in a row in MS and the young Blanton kid didn't even play this year. Add that to the older Blanton, Bozeman and some of those other kids coming back. The next few years for the Rams could be scary good.

This year was a wash... Stopping and starting, playing the first game the second week of January. Seniors quitting, two or three straight weeks with 3 and 4 games during the week and then only playing about 14 games. I believe Rockhold reboots with the young group and in a year or two, they will be back. Nmont?? I don't know who you hire for that job. Step 1 is getting those kids to stop believing the Kleptz Y is Madison Square Garden....They seem more excited about playing there than for the school. Need a coach to fix that.
Yeah, but everybody dealt with COVID problems. CJ had two 14 day breaks in the early season.

Yeah, but everybody dealt with COVID problems. CJ had two 14 day breaks in the early season.
Totally different. CJ kids have been in school since day 1. Trotwood kids did not return to the building until March, DPS even later. They missed an entire pre-season and didn't start playing until the second week of January. Come-on man no team could develop any chemistry like that. CJ may have had stops but they started. Trotwood, DPS they couldn't event get in the gyms until late December first of January. This is not an excuse its a fact. Different types of kids in those districts than CJ. Different resources. I guarantee during those stops kids were still in the gym. Gyms were locked in the other case. Not taking anything away from them. Great season! If they (CJ) met Trotwood under regular circumstances they may win the game this year regardless. I'm just saying those kids. In some of those situations they come from. Being in School is the safest, most normal thing for them.. They didn't have that. Nah, not this year.

Last edited:
I KNOW all those 24s well... Let me clue you in. Mar Mar is not even at Trotwood and hasn't been. He's at Meadowdale. Where you getting these rankings?? Again I know these kids well... Will is not Top 3 in nobody's state of Ohio (2024) in Basketball. Knock it off!! If this was a post regarding football I would roll with you. Tymier has a chance to be special!! I really like Tim... He's really good!! Juice Bozeman the younger of the 2 Bozemans has a chance and comes from good stock. If you think all those 24s will be at Trotwood in 2024 I have magic beans for sale. It's rumors of kids you named on this post in the transfer portal already. Northmont was terrible but it's not because of lack of talent.
Dude wake up! Since you're so locked in to these kids then you should know that Blanton is back at Trotwood actually he never left, never got into Meadowdale. He practiced the last 3 weeks of the season, he was cleared in mid February. And there is a strong RUMOR that you're the frontrunner to be the next HEAD COACH at Northmont! Finally, I'm well connected in basketball circles especially in Southwest Ohio so hyperbole is not something I engage in,

Meadowdale is not open
Dude wake up! Since you're so locked in to these kids then you should know that Blanton is back at Trotwood actually he never left, never got into Meadowdale. He practiced the last 3 weeks of the season, he was cleared in mid February. And there is a strong RUMOR that you're the frontrunner to be the next HEAD COACH at Northmont! Finally, I'm well connected in basketball circles especially in Southwest Ohio so hyperbole is not something I engage in,
Good to know Mar Mar is back at Trotwood... He would of looked crazy in a Meadowdale uni. Since you're well connected and KNOW me you would KNOW there is no chance I'm the front runner @ Northmont (Hyperbole) ??????????????????

Strong rumor that Hoskins and Trice are the front runners in fact the word is it’s Trices ‘ if he wants it but Hoskins has left Middletown......

I have been very impressed with Jeff Lisath the head basketball coach at Northridge High School. If I was looking for a high school basketball coach, I would definitely reach out to him. I would love to see him at Pickerington Central.

I have been very impressed with Jeff Lisath the head basketball coach at Northridge High School. If I was looking for a high school basketball coach, I would definitely reach out to him. I would love to see him at Pickerington Central.
Thats a very point... He has done a heck of a job at Northridge!! Is PC open?

Not quite sure about that. Hoskins has a good resume as any, prior to the Middletown job. Which from what I heard was going to be a stretch for winning from Day 1, simply due to the lack of talent coming out of that once proud city. Hoskins is energetic and looking for the right fit. I think he will do just as well as Trice over there because they are both winners. Out there, in basketball, that is going to be the first step.
Changing that attitude of the Kleptz YMCA all-stars! :oops: That is the initial task!

I also heard that Trice really wants the Wayne job back and he is working to make that happen. Any truth to that?

Not quite sure about that. Hoskins has a good resume as any, prior to the Middletown job. Which from what I heard was going to be a stretch for winning from Day 1, simply due to the lack of talent coming out of that once proud city. Hoskins is energetic and looking for the right fit. I think he will do just as well as Trice over there because they are both winners. Out there, in basketball, that is going to be the first step.
Changing that attitude of the Kleptz YMCA all-stars! :oops: That is the initial task!

I also heard that Trice really wants the Wayne job back and he is working to make that happen. Any truth to that?
It seems like that would have been the deal, from the get go.

My post is definitely not a knock on Hoskins from what I hear he is a good coach and a really good guy... I think Nortmont hits a home run with either hire! Just pointing out if you're the AD and you put both resumes side to side. How do you not go with the former state championship winning coach?? Nate is a teacher at Wayne HS that's probably going to be an uphill battle to get that job back.

From what I know they're trying to give it back to him howevever he has applied for the Northmont job.

See, I had heard that through the grape vine. Not sure of any details but the word is he is angling for getting that job back. Trice coaches talent. Girls talent has dried up so he wants to get back on the boys side. Reopen the Springfield pipeline!

No really, he is a good coach and manages the talent well and coaches them up. But make no mistake he has never been anywhere with a bare shelf! He has collected it and cultivated it but it's never been empty. The boys side right now is starting to perculate with talent again and he wants to get back on that side. Good for him, maybe even better for Wayne.

Give it back? Lol. Good luck with trying to force out someone that's a teacher in the building and that has around a .700 winning percentage...that sounds an awful lot like a losing war with the teacher's union.

Shady is not the word if this is true about the boys job at Wayne.. Nate was Trice assistant for ten years so they have a relationship, I hope the rumors are not true. As for the Northmont job and the two candidates that stand out both are winners but have not build within, both have built programs with kids from other districts. No knock on them but its the truth. I'm pretty sure the Northmont Admin have done their homework and will make a decision that is the best for their school district. Cant lose with either coach, both are needed desperately!! There could be a third guy that maybe stirring the pot up a little.