• Guilty: Second-degree manslaughter

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Not Guilty: All Charges

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Hung Jury

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe but obviously they had no intention of providing medical attention. As such, believing her is not super relevant.

Agree. The fact they had a citizen in distress that could die and they had someone who said she could help. What effort did the cops make to determine who or what (EMT) she was.

Both facts ( cop still knelt on Floyd even while they called for EMS and they made no effort to find out about help being offered by an EMT) goes to the question of intent. Damning picture plus the videos.

That video was the first time I clearly heard a police officer say to the others "EMS has been called".

Recognizing a medical situation yet continuing to kneel on the guy's neck is another damning look.
They knew he had overdosed and needed medical attention.

The autopsy bears that out.

Not sure I totally agree. I'm about 50/50 on Chauvin getting convicted of murder. That "EMS has been called" seems to play into the defenses argument that they felt he was in danger from something self-inflicted and they couldn't do anything about it because of the angry crowd.

I'm really not sure which direction this is going to take. I do see many similarities with the OJ trial where both sides are making good points and the decision will come down to the discussion between the jurors in the jury room. Could go either way. The medical testimony will be the most important when they get to it.

Yea, my opinion is very different. They called EMS because they recognized a need. Doesnt matter at that point whether it's "self inflicted" or not.

IF the officers believed that to be an angry crowd they knew why. Some were yelling at/some were pleading with Chauvin to get off of his neck.

"The crowd is angry because I'm on his neck, therefore I stay on his neck". Doesn't make much sense.

Could be. A guy like you could be on the jury. He will just tried again. If that happens, no way they drop it.
A hung jury will cause massive riots and destruction.

As will a not guilty.

Hell, even a guilty will bring severe damage.

Yea, my opinion is very different. They called EMS because they recognized a need. Doesnt matter at that point whether it's "self inflicted" or not.

IF the officers believed that to be an angry crowd they knew why. Some were yelling at/some were pleading with Chauvin to get off of his neck.

"The crowd is angry because I'm on his neck, therefore I stay on his neck". Doesn't make much sense.
I would suspect that these officers have dealt with angry bystanders many times throughout their careers. That is probably the biggest difference in policing in a congested innercity and a wideopen area in a suburb. I'm sure that in 99% of their arrests that no one dies, they are still yelled at for making the arrest.

That is what makes this case so interesting. Some see intent and others see control of a situation. It will be up to the jury to decide which is right. I won't be surprised either way with the outcome of this case. I do think the MSM needs to be careful when they act like this case is a slamdunk. Court TV is doing a very good job of covering it. The CNN/MSNBC are acting like this case isn't close. There will be riots on a not guilty but CNN/MSNBC could do a better job of letting people know how close this is.

Very up close and personal with that first officers body cam footage. Thought he did a relatively good job given the circumstances. He's the one who summoned EMS. Twice he asked the officer next to him "Roll him on his side?", but unfortunately wasnt insistent enough.

Didn't catch the first officers name.

Last edited:
His responses to " Roll him on his side?" was "No, just leave him, he might freak out", and "He's staying put right now".

Moments later Floyd was motionless and Keung checked his pulse. Said something to his partner, but I couldn't make it out.

With the combination of drugs he had on board, did they have the possibility of causing death?

Yes or no answers, please.

Officer Thao's cam footage now. He arrives as the first two officers are attempting to get Floyd into the cruiser.

With the combination of drugs he had on board, did they have the possibility of causing death?

Yes or no answers, please.
Yes. Any number of causes are possible. Chauvin’s actions don’t have to be the only one. They just have to be a factor according to the law. Every examiner who reviewed the autopsy said cause of death was homicide. That said, there will be plenty of medical analysis in the trial.

Yes. Any number of causes are possible. Chauvin’s actions don’t have to be the only one. They just have to be a factor according to the law. Every examiner who reviewed the autopsy said cause of death was homicide. That said, there will be plenty of medical analysis in the trial.
So there is reasonable doubt, then, that Chauvin's actions killed him.

Thank you.

Thao basically looks in the crusers trunk for the hobble device, confirms on the radio that EMS is coming Code 3, and interacts with the crowd.

"Are you really a firefighter?"

"Yes I am."

"Then get on the sidewalk"

Oh boy. EMS is enroute, a firefighter is on the scene offering to help, and Thao orders her to the sidewalk. That is some piss poor police/public service work right there.

Chauvin is partnered with Thao.

Helped get Floyd out of the cruiser, body cam fell off and underneath the cruiser.

No more footage from Chauvin.

Jury excused for the night.