Recent content by therock02

1. T

D7 R25 2024

I guess nothing should shock us...be interesting to know what issues he was dealing with in dalton to get a clearer understanding but at the end of the day....he is free to do what he wants.
  2. T

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Heard they have lost a few and gained a few members of the staff. Hopefully the district is able to bring coach in with a job to avoid any other issues.
  3. T

Remembering the Youngstown City Series and Steel Valley Conference

Not to sound like an old guy or anything but if you are looking for the 5 teams that could beat the others head to head then there aren't too many of those teams in the last 25 years. I'd pick a few 'older' Mooney teams over the 2006 team. Poland's 1999 team and SR 2022 team are great but they...
  4. T

dalton football coach resigns

He can't make much...maybe 30k. What does dalton pay subs and part time people? Between that and supplemental, they could probably pay more than what he is getting. Read his bio says he got a degree in education, might mean he can get or has a teaching license
  5. T

Yes that is what I assume....also looks like he enjoys jumping around to find the right fit...don't know his ambitions...but still a great hire under the circumstances
  6. T

If true...great hire. HS and college experience. The only thing I'd worry about here is how long does he stay, because it's doubtful it will be very long but I guess that is most jobs these days.
  7. T

NE8 2024

Windham...champion...Sebrings 8 man team...Bristol's basketball team...
  8. T

NE8 2024

Nice out of conference schedule for SR and Struthers....it is interesting seeing some of those western pa teams...I'd imagine some of these teams have a tough time getting teams to play. Why on earth is Howland playing all these schools?
  9. T

I think it's obvious that this was the whole point in hiring someone from previous staff to keep most of those guys around for the transition to go smoothly. Hard to imagine Canfield ever struggling with the base of kids they have.
  10. T

I feel like everything is known about this person but who they actually are....any chance you or another poster will share this coaches name?
  11. T

You lost me at little league coach 😂...in all seriousness, who is this person? Where did they coach?
  12. T

I don't know much about Ignazio but he has landed 2 of the 4 biggest public school jobs in the valley. Does sound like Pav was in on this process but I also don't think Ignazio should have to apologize for getting a teaching job, if that is happening. He didn't hire himself....one might argue...
  13. T

This would depend on the staff and school. Maybe in Canfield they do it that way. Being a coordinator is very important though, shows your ability to formulate a game plan and execute that game plan which you would think is a big part of being a head coach. Ignazio did lead Boardman to the...
  14. T

Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

Good question...I think this has to do with getting community and young men excited about football again in Warren. It's been 20 years since it felt that way and it has shown because kids go to jfk, uhs and other schools. I also believe because of his football credibility that he will once again...
  15. T

Steve Arnold steps down as Warren G Harding head coach

Worm...if you aren't on the payroll, you should be!