Recent content by Tardis

1. T

Colerain Northwest merger

2004 was the team, and the decline has been slowly happening overtime with the changes in the area and largely were obstructed by the success of the football team. When the football team declined it was reflecting the change in the district and made it more apparent.
  2. T

NCAA Proposes New Division I

As written, This would significantly hurt men's sports except basketball and football, which already subsidize the rest of athletic departments. There are already extra women's sports to cover the difference created by football scholarships. Now you would have to cover an extra ~$25k per...
  3. T

2023 College Football Playoff

I do wonder if this has any lingering effects that when they day comes FSU chooses Big 10 over the SEC because of this major slight in the past. That it might be good for the SEC now but actually hurt them in the long run that the FSU hate for them is so great they join the Big 10 instead.
  4. T

DI State Semifinal: Springfield vs. Cincinnati Moeller

The big schools in Indianapolis are probably top to bottom stronger than any Metro area in Ohio. They might not have the high level D1 talent but the depth at those schools is making them better overall. Not only is it demographic changes but also the simple fact that Indiana just has larger...
  5. T

Div I, Region 4 Playoff Thread

No they didn't. Little Cards was Northside K of C until well into Coombs tenure and has been 3 different organizations since that time using the Colerain/Cardinal name. Bolden was only involved in so much to watch his kids play in the 2nd Little Cards organization. I had more kids on my team...
  6. T

A bigger part is the demographics. 25% of that largest enrollment is of Asian and Indian descent, which historically produce little to no talent in Athletics in anything outside of cricket. Add onto that they are highly affluent (I believe they are 2nd only to Indian Hill in SWO), historically...
  7. T

No one remembers 40 years ago. Colerain and Lima Senior have had titles since then out of the GMC. Those aren't relevant to 2023 either.
  8. T

I think everyone has figured that no one is enforcing these rules anymore.
  9. T

Lasalle vs WW rd4

The two long returns were called back on pretty blatant penalties. The offensive PI was a close call that doesn't always gets called but I honestly think #84 did him self no favors and was drawing extra attention from the ref. He was constantly talking with the LaSalle defenders and was the one...
  10. T

UC Bearcats

From what I heard from a family friend who is a big booster was that Satterfield was a last minute hire to beat the transfer portal deadline. Willie Fritz from Tulane was set to be the hire but he changed his mind just before he got on the plane to sign the contract. Whether it was just...
  11. T

GMC Football 2023

Only 4 public schools have won a state title this century, two of which were option based (Hillard Davidson and Colerain), one ran 95% of the time (Upper Arlington), and the other was won mostly by the QB run (PC). Even the privates are run 1st. Only X in the pandemic year was a team that wanted...
  12. T

What Would Be An Appropriate Ticket Price for an OHHSFB Playoff Game?

It used to be that big here in the early 2000s but those day are gone. The 2002 R4 Semi-Final sold 48,000 at Paul Brown (now Paycor) and Elder-Colerain used to sell out Nippert stadium. They didn't even sell out 6,000 seat Mason Stadium for the Colerain-Elder R4 final in 2019
  13. T

I Don’t Get It…

When he first broke out, it was probably because he was a white rapper with a catchy rap pop song. But Post Malone's staying power is that he's actually a pretty good musician. HIs livestream during the pandemic covering a bunch of Nirvana with other famous musicians (Travis Barker played drums...
  14. T

SWO King of the Spread Pick'em: WEEK 10 GAMES

__1__-Elder 14.5 LA SALLE __2__-PRINCETON 17.5 Sycamore __2__-Lakota West 14.5 HAMILTON __2__-Centerville 11.5 WAYNE __2__-SPRINGFIELD 5.5 Northmont __2__-LINCOLN (Gahanna) 12.5 Pickerington North __1__-HILLIARD BRADLEY 9.5 Dublin Coffman _2__-UPPER ARLINGTON 5.5 Hilliard Davidson __2__-Winton...
  15. T

SWO King of the Spread Pick'em: WEEK 9 GAMES

___1_-Springfield 7.5 MIAMISBURG _2___-CENTERVILLE 14.5 Fairmont __1__-Hamilton 4.5 SYCAMORE _1___-Hilliard Bradley 8.5 OLENTANGY ORANGE _1___-Upper Arlington 2.5 DUBLIN COFFMAN __1__-HILLIARD DAVIDSON 4.5 Olentangy Liberty __1__-Winton Woods 15.5 LOVELAND _1___-Canal Winchester 16.5 HAYES...