Recent content by SRI

1. S

Dafler / Haddix Scholarship

SCCF and OTFCCOA Announces The Fred Dafler & Rick Haddix Scholarship Fund January 19, 2024 Fremont- Sandusky County – The Fred Dafler & Rick Haddix Scholarship Fund has been established with the Sandusky County Communities Foundation (SCCF) by the Ohio Track and Field and Cross-County Officials...
  2. S

State Meet Info

All state meet info can be found at the below link, including course maps, school transportation information, ticket information, box assignments (when they are complete), live video broadcast, time schedule, and qualifier information...
  3. S

Timing Companies

The time schedule that is followed for the Regional and State Tournmantes allows for a 30-minute appeal period after the results have been completed; this 30-minute period falls in line with NFHS rules. During that appeal period, a coach may question/file a written appeal with the meet referee...
  4. S

No creek crossings permitted without bridges

* I edited this post for clarity. Every school is sent a rule book, they are also available for purchase on the NFHS website both in hard copy and via their app. As for guidelines that is not correct. * NFHS Rules are not guidelines or suggestion. They are the competition rules we follow.
  5. S

No creek crossings permitted without bridges

I wanted to clarify some items related to this topic. - The issue related to crossings and obsticals was brought forward by Ohio schools and officials during the season last year asking for clarification on the rule. It involved several meets. Some meets in the state had both of those and some...
  6. S

GPS Watch?

Ohio no longer has a modification related to watches as it did in the past. The NFHS rule is followed related to the use of GPS and electronic communication. They are both prohibited as they are an illegal aid and if it is seen being used the penalty is disqualification.
  7. S

2023 XC Season

I would be happy to clarify any questions related to the uniform rules.
  8. S

Rules Questions

The wearing of a GPS watch is allowed under NFHS Rule 4-6-5-h2. Ohio removed its modification (that prohibited wearing a GPS watch) ofthis rule in the spring of 2023 and now allows athletes to wear a watch that has GPS or other smartwatch capabilities. The use of any of the enhanced technology...
  9. S

Rules Questions

My goal is help reduce the number of violations, specifically at the tournament level and with the season coming up quickly, I wanted to post to give everyone an opportunity to ask any competition rule related questions they have about cross country. I am not going to debate if we like a rule...
  10. S

Track Updates

I wanted to pass along a few updates. - The mandatory state rules meetings for coaches and officials have been posted. - Information related to the changes for this year are included in the state rules meeting and have been to schools and officials via email. This email included regional...
  11. S

OHSAA XC Preseason Meet

I encourage you to become an official. We have seen a 20% decline over the past 10 years just on track and cross country.
  12. S

2022 OHSAA 7th & 8th Grade Invitational

Race assignments have been posted! https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/cc
  13. S

Track & Field and Cross Country Officials Needed

Thank You for your help in recruiting additional officials.
  14. S

Officials & Coaches Information Posted

Tournament Information will be updated once approved.
  15. S

OHSAA Early Season Invitational

The season starts this weekend. Check out all the info for the OHSAA Early Season Invitational at the link below. https://www.ohsaa.org/sports/cc