Recent content by soccerdad72

1. S

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2024 Nominees

Buffett got in under some sort of special category. I assume it’s only because he died. And Ozzy has been in with Black Sabbath, just not as a solo artist.
  2. S

Cavs 2023-24

I was wondering the same thing. I would have thought once they were in the playoffs, the blackouts would be over.
  3. S

Teacher faces termination after calling in sick for 2 days to attend a concert in Nashville, district says

We're maxxed out at 45 days of sick time payout and 30 days of accumulated vacation days.
  4. S

NBA thread

Interesting that all 8 higher seeds won their opening game of the series. Since so many experts have predicted some lower seed upsets, I'll be curious how many of those lower seeds bounce back in Game 2's
  5. S

Is Tiger Woods chances of winning a major over?

It would have been pretty easy for him to withdraw after Saturday's disasterous round and just say his body wasn't able to go on Sunday. I give him credit for going out there and playing Sunday. Added bonus that he made that Ohio St. kid's year by playing alongside the amateur.
  6. S

Philadelphia Flyers Coach does BS move.....

You don’t think it’s possible that the coach was a little preoccupied, unm, coaching, that he might not have been constantly checking the score of the other game?
  7. S

Cleveland Guardians

I have to imagine the rate of blown saves has probably gone up since the introduction of the new extra inning rules. I hadn't thought about it until last night, but Clase getting credited with a blown save (and the win) with the Red Sox scoring off of a ground out and a sac fly seems pretty harsh.
  8. S

Is Tiger Woods chances of winning a major over?

Probably not. I don't know if his body can handle four days of the strain that tournaments put on him. The fact that he's able to play at all, given what he's gone through is pretty amazing. Wonder if he would consider the Senior Tour in a couple years. Probably not, but I know Phil was...
  9. S

Cleveland Guardians

Glad the Guards pulled out the extra inning game tonight. Out of curiosity, with the new extra inning rules, does Clase’s 10th inning count as a blown save, given that he didn’t give up a hit (except after the tying run scored) in the 10th.
  10. S

Wage or Salary?

I've only had salaried positions, so I have no basis of comparison. Most professional positions tend to be salaried versus hourly. While there have been weeks when I'm working much more than 40 hours, but the benefit of being salaried is that when I've needed to take off early, nobody usually...
  11. S

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

100% agree. I wasn’t that excited for the day but I was thoroughly impressed. Very, very cool. One of my best birthdays ever - didn’t hurt to be able to walk over to the Guardians game right afterwards and watch them win too.
  12. S

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

Looking at inner belt traffic from our friends deck in Tremont. Traffic is flowing at full speed right now.
  13. S

Teacher faces termination after calling in sick for 2 days to attend a concert in Nashville, district says

It might be across OPERS as well. That's what I get per year - and they accumulate. I have like 166 days right now. 😂