Recent content by smurfyeah19

1. S

2024 Northern Buckeye Conference

I would say the best teams of the NBC and NWOAL most certainly could compete in the MAC. Archbold lost to Coldwater in a tough one, Liberty Center took them down a few weeks later. I would never say that our conferences are at the level of the MAC, but the best teams can most certainly compete...
  2. S

I get what you're saying, but some of these schools reached a point where they could not reasonably compete in the league in almost every sport. Right now the tops of the NWOAL & NBC can compete with the big boys of the MAC, the past two years Liberty Center has knocked out Coldwater. We've just...
  3. S

The last time Evergreen had a winning record in football was 2010! In addition, I believe it's been 15 years since they won any league title in a boys sport (Basketball). I lived it and can confirm; Woodmore, Lakota, Gibsonburg and Elmwood all were taking massive hits to their athletic program...
  4. S

Haha are those even debatable? It's all somewhat recent history with their successes
  5. S

Competitive balance

I think as it concerns the Toledo area there are two big points that need to be addressed... 1.) How have we let TPS devolve in the manner it has? I have buddies that teach there, the environment is absolutely terrible. The buildings are nice, the offerings are solid, teacher pay is relatively...
  6. S

Agreed, but the same goes for open enrolling. Paying the high cost of living on those suburbs to not take advantage of amazing schools is ridiculous unless you're sending your child to private school. Exactly. You'd cut your mortgage significantly moving to an NBC district.
  7. S

If you pull your kid out of Perrysburg or AW for that reason, then you should simply move out of these towns. No point in paying these taxes and home prices to not take advantage of the school district.
  8. S

I haven't heard anything lately. To FNL1's point, Port Clinton is the domino that needs to fall. Understandable, however from what I've heard this essentially ends the need for non-conference games which makes it easier. It's not like you'd be going to Findlay all the time with 10 teams in the...
  9. S

But why open enroll? We live in Perrysburg to the west, why the hell would we send our daughter to Rossford? Growing up in Gibsonburg, I can’t imagine having an issue with what we have now. Lake is to the east, they have incredibly nice schools and sports facilities as well. Northwood also has...
  10. S

Do facilities matter that much in HS sports? Sure you can't have buildings falling apart, but it's coaching and culture that builds something great.
  11. S

Hard to believe Gibsonburg and Woodmore were among the league's best in that decade. Eastwood, followed by Genoa became athletic juggernauts in the 2000's and pretty much ran the small schools (Gibsonburg, Lakota, Woodmore and then Elmwood) out of the league. Rossford & Maumee are hampered on...
  12. S

Competitive balance

They should simply increase the multiplier. Only problem is the Toledo Christian's of the world get absolutely hosed
  13. S

Northwest Ohio Realignment

From everything I've heard, LB to the NBC seems likely at this point. They just need another buddy to make it a 10 team league, and from the sounds of it Port Clinton is very interested
  14. S

Disagree hard here. Woodmore and Elmwood have been doormats for years, and since your best players typically are football/basketball/baseball it affected all of those. Elmwood had a nice bounce back in recent years, but it'd been 15 years since they'd done anything worth a dang. Participation...
  15. S

Which makes no sense. Otsego through all grade levels has been running crazy 4 wide formations for years, switching to a Wing T is going to be a bumpy change.