Recent content by Sig Hansen

1. Sig Hansen

Phrases I absolutely can't stand

Could care less A lot to unpack here Need a moment to decompress/digest this
  2. Sig Hansen

Driving Pet Peeves

Had a fun pointed at me this past weekend while driving on the Dan Ryan in Chicago. Still not exactly sure why. Good times.
  3. Sig Hansen

2023-2024 General Discussion

I think the press conference yesterday with 22k in attendance shows that BBN is 100% on board.
  4. Sig Hansen

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

Being there in person, feeling the temperature drop quickly after the sky darkened, and then looking up to see the white rings around the moon while the crowd gasped and cheered was just incredible.
  5. Sig Hansen

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I ended up in Union City, OH/IN. I was scouting out places that were right on the center line with minimal cloud cover, and ended up there. It was perfect. The eclipse was incredibly cool and well worth the five hour round trip drive. It was also neat seeing people from all over North America...
  6. Sig Hansen

Nosy neighbors

Eh, oh well. I can live with that.
  7. Sig Hansen

Nosy neighbors

There's a guy at the end of my street who drove an obscenely loud pickup truck. This is the type of guy whose only enjoyment in life is tinkering with and putting every spare dollar of his paycheck into this lousy, rusted out truck. It's a late 90's Chevy 2500. He'll drive up the street, turn...
  8. Sig Hansen

Are you a true West Sider??

For the idiots who accuse CPD of not writing tickets anymore. They do. Excellent work by District 3. The data shows increased tickets combined with the numerous traffic calming measures put in place last year (which I know everyone loves! ;)) are working...
  9. Sig Hansen

The Official 2024 Reds season thread

AZ is great. I'd much rather go out there as I could combine a spring training trip with a trip to Flagstaff and Sedona. Florida sucks. Players also much prefer the Cactus League because there's significantly less travel between games.
  10. Sig Hansen

Ah. Now I remember.
  11. Sig Hansen

Still remodeling. Take a look at the post from Nov 14. Place was pretty nasty. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100095593325807&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user
  12. Sig Hansen

Are the remnants of the bowling alley still down there or has it all been torn out?
  13. Sig Hansen

Chicago suggestion

Solid decision to not bring the car. Parking/driving in Chicago is horrific and ruins the fun. If the train from Cincinnati didn't leave at 3AM I would probably consider taking it to Chicago more often. In terms of pizza, Pequod's is another good one. Field Museum is also cool if you're into...
  14. Sig Hansen

Bearcats baskteball

Agree 100%, it is really encouraging. But the fact that they are competing with these teams makes the loss to X even more frustrating. You cannot lose that game.
  15. Sig Hansen

Bearcats baskteball

And the answer is 1994, back in the Greater Midwest conference days. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/cincinnati/men/1994.html