Recent content by shoprat2

1. S

Cirino arrested, going to jail for a long time

However court goes his career is likely over.
  2. S

Coverage of High School Sports

Btw football coverage is not great but bball is even worse and spring sports is nonexistent.
  3. S

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

Looks like OHSAA saw the writing on the wall and gave in before they paid anymore legal fees.
  4. S

Coverage of High School Sports

Coverage is dying. Newspapers are dying and the coverage dying with it. At one time Springfield had two papers,New Carlisle had one and Dayton two. They had a press time of ten o’clock or so that could be stretched someon Friday or Saturday. Now one paper with a press ttime of about 8 because...
  5. S

Ohio Heritage Conference

As usual I could be wrong but it seems that the Rams played quite a few underclassmen this season and looked to be a real contender in the league this coming season.
  6. S

Ohio Heritage Conference

Just saw that Greeneview is now looking for a new coach. Any idea about replacement,is the assistant ready to move up one seat?
  7. S

McSurley out at Clinton Massie

Remember a basically Republican State Supreme Court said the property tax method of school funding was fundamentally unconstitutional. But Governor DeWine and the legislature came up with some half measures and the court bowed to the political pressure and said ok. Now the state is running a...
  8. S

Average Tenure of Head Football Coach

I wanted to teach since my soph. year in high school. I had a social studies teacher that showed me what a great teacher could do for his students. The irony is he did not coach then left for a very expensive prep school starting in Cincinnati and they needed a fb coach so he took the job just...
  9. S

McSurley out at Clinton Massie

Bellbrook-Sugarcreek district got itself into trouble when the superintendent and some board members used some district funds to promote a levy. Ended up in court with fines and bad publicity
  10. S

Competitive balance

There are public schools that openly recruit now.
  11. S

My wife had to decide about her class work. She is retired but works part-time writing IEP for the district,she names her hours works from home and likes what she is doing and gets paid well for doing it. That’s as good as it gets.
  12. S

2024-2025 State Tournament

With another Berlin Hiland loss can we expect the superintendent to start crying for more competitive balance numbers or maybe ten or twenty divisions?
  13. S

I don’t think it was ever a state requirement but some universities Wright State was one tried to make it an automatic part of their Ed program. They did not want to send anyone out without a Masters. WSU was not alone in this ,I believe these schools felt they were just getting ahead of the...
  14. S

I didn’t make my point very well. OHSAA did go after spring soccer two or three times. Once some of the soccer organizations reached an accommodation. But some parents didn’t like it ,they sued. OHSSA lost to spring soccer every time. Costing them money and egg on the face. That’s what it will...
  15. S

OHSAA does regulate off season activities in other sports. Coaches are only allowed certain amount of time with the team and some of that most not have any ball training activities. What happens with AAU or club teams OHSAA cannot touch, those are not schools teams and you are limited in the...