Recent content by RW&B

1. R

NWOAL 23-24 League Title Predictions

I don't see a problem with multiple schools sharing the conference championship. With a home and home league schedule you'd only have a few non-league games which could potentially eliminate some of the traditional rivalry games.
  2. R

22-23 NWOAL Title Holder Predictions

LC opened up some eyes, mine included, when handling the Bluestreaks this past Friday.
  3. R

Northwest Ohio Realignment

NWOAL is Ohio's oldest continuous high school conference so it has a lasting legacy and lengthy history. I think many posters don't give that league enough credit or respect.
  4. R

A look back...Mendon-Union Basketball 'A Scoring Machine', Grover Hill's Al Welch

Rather reminds me of when Holgate beat Marion Local for a state championship.
  5. R

I see this as another competitive season among the top 3 or 4 spots.
  6. R

Lack of height and bench depth will be the biggest challenges for Patrick Henry. I'm also not sure at what point Nash Meyer will be able to join the team, based on his football related knee surgery.
  7. R

NWO, I concur with your above, comprehensive sum up.
  8. R

Ohio State Football 2023

With so many bailing out, via the transfer portal, will Coach Day be next???
  9. R

It's time to "weigh in" with your predictions on who's most likely to end up on top in the Northwest Ohio Athletic League race for the 2023-24 season, if you forsee two or more sharing the title, you can select multiple teams on this survey.
  10. R

DV State Final: Perry vs Liberty Center

I'm guessing it'll be a low scoring affair, based on both teams featuring stellar defenses. It appears that Perry is garnering more polling votes than Liberty Center is.
  11. R

2023 NWO Football

Congratulations to the Patrick Henry Patriots on a great 2023 football season. I'm copying a statistical recap provided by the Patriot p.a. announcer: Pretty much everyone knows the results of PH’s state semi-final game with Marion Local. Lost the game 49-0. Not the result we were looking for...
  12. R

DV State Final: Perry vs Liberty Center

If Studio isn't able to play, I'm viewing this as a tossup state final.
  13. R

Rumor about 6-7 divisions in basketball

I think people need to realize that only 5 play at a time in basketball which tends to "equalize" some of the size disparity noted by several posters when comparing it to the sport of football. They had three divisions (A/AA/AAA) and went to I/II/III/IV. IMO, expanding further is strictly a...
  14. R

Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Anyone feel like "weighing in" on the NWOAL 23-24 outlook/scouting report, here in the early going?
  15. R

Friday Finals (11/24/23)

The larger the enrollment, the more likely you'd have skilled athletes as every position.