Recent content by Why do you care so much?

1. W

Attendance?

Interesting that the finals draw fewer fans than the finals? Other than being on Sunday, any thoughts why?
  2. W

Best Restaurants, Bars and Pubs near UD arena for this weekend?

Something a little different, Bourbon Grille on Brown St. Go solely for the food, not the atmosphere.
  3. W

MVL 2023-24

Make it fun for the kids. I know kids would rather play (and lose) to Wayne or Centerville, than play Greenville or Xenia twice a year. Also look at game attendance. Fans don't care either! ButlerParent: is the rumor true that Butler cancelled the Franklin game so they wouldn't have a losing...
  4. W

MVL 2023-24

So, just have the MVL continue doing what they are doing. Ok. Half the conference games are meaningless competitive events. Seriously, talked to one kid after a tourney loss and he said how different it was playing against athletes who could really jump. And how he had to really concentrate on...
  5. W

MVL 2023-24

I think during non-conference games, the MVL went something like 7-25. And it's not like the schools played a tough schedule. Make it fun for the kids and lower the number of conference games. I imagine MVL officials will spin it that it will be different with the playoff expansion.
  6. W

MVL 2023-24

Fairmont 60 Stebbins 21 Wow! I thought Stebbins might have a chance to make this game competitive.
  7. W

MVL 2023-24

Two pages for the entire basketball season. Does anyone care about MCL hoops? They need to play more non-conference games to build some excitement since the conference is so bad.
  8. W

New enrollment numbers?

Even with the new D1, schools might have almost twice as many students as the 64th school. Can't split up the bigger schools any more.
  9. W

Is losing enough to move on from a HS coach?

I think many schools just want a coach who won't get the school in any legal issues. The quality of high school coaching has never been lower.
  10. W

MVL 2023-24

My apologies to Piqua. They beat Butler tonight. Ouch!
  11. W

GWOC 2023-2024

‘Little things’ doom Wayne in tight loss to Lutheran West https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/little-things-doom-wayne-in-tight-loss-to-lutheran-west/PQ3KVYT2X5DQ7PS4AZ32ONOEVI/ “Just not tough enough,” Wayne coach Nate Martindale said. “Our group’s just not tough enough to win games...
  12. W

GWOC 2023-2024

Hey vamps! Your thoughts on the basketball coach. He kind of threw the kids under the bus in his DDN comments. I have never been much of a fan. I remember during his first season, during timeouts, Blue Smith would wander over to the student section and hangout for a little bit. And the coach...
  13. W

MVL 2023-24

What happened to Piqua sports? Everyone is bad!
  14. W

MVL 2023-24

Stebbins is good. What a choke job by Butler! Let's Stebbins have a wide open three to WIN the game. Terrible coaching by Butler AGAIN!
  15. W

Should A Superintendent and AD be allowed to be a Head Coach? Regardless of school size

I'd rather see parents not allowed to coach their own kids in high school.