Recent content by PURPLE REIGN

1. P

Week 1: Elder at Covington Catholic(KY)

The ability to attract players from states other than Ohio, would really only benefit a handful of schools. The 95% of Ohio high schools who would NOT benefit from this rule change will never vote for it.
  2. P

2022 Elder Football

Random notes: before the game if you would have watched each team warm up nearly every person would have thought Elder was the winless team and Oak Hills was the annual playoff contender. Oak Hills treated this like a real game. From pregame stretching, uniforms, warm-ups, to the rah-rah...
  3. P

2022 Elder Football

Agree. Congrats and let's hope Elder can find a way to get this kid the ball in space. Also, not that it matters but Div 1 (I know its called something else now) should really just be the 115+ schools technically eligible for a national title. On the low end it's the Mid-American Conference...
  4. P

Middletown Miracle.

Couple things I, and many others, left the game to beat the traffic. I listened to the game and was all the way to I-74 when the game ended. Incredible to not only tie it up, but win it in regulation! Elder's announcer at the time, Andy McWilliams was awesome. His passion for the school and...
  5. P

Elder Coaching

I saw where LaSalle is searching for a new baseball coach again and it made me realize how blessed Elder is. Doubtful another school in the city, maybe state, and perhaps country can match the coaching stability Elder has had over the past three decades. There is a reason these coaches don’t...
  6. P

Kyle Rudolph!

Kyle signed with Tampa today. -- @AdamSchefter · 44m Tom Brady has a new tight-end target in Tampa: Former Vikings’ and Giants’ veteran Kyle Rudolph is signing a one-year contact with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, per source.
  7. P

Panthers Playing in College

Missing Colton Sandhas '20 Thomas More football and his brother Kellen '22 Thomas More baseball
  8. P

Panthers Playing in College

Kammerer is at Ohio U.
  9. P

Kyle Rudolph!

Gronk retired (again) today. Look for Kyle to sign in Tampa.
  10. P

2022 Elder Football

Not only is Elder the smallest school in DI at 567...it's not even close. No other D1 school has less than 600 actual boys and most are 700+. Id be interested to see where they fit compared to DII schools?
  11. P

2022 HS season

Not sure what “caught at the right time means”? Elder was rested having only played 3 stress-free today and 3 yesterday. Moe had played 10 intnse back and forth games. Moe made adjustments. Elder did not.
  12. P

2022 HS season

Props to Moeller. Elder was out coached and outplayed. Moe moved Patterson back to the middle and just like last year Elder had no answer. He impacts the game way more from the middle on defense as well. They also served conservatively at Maune whereas Elder aggressively kept giving away points...
  13. P

2022 HS season

Great matchups and high level volleyball set for Championship Sunday! Rumor has it when this is a sanctioned OHSAA sport, regional brackets will be set so teams from the same region like Elder and Moeller will be prevented from playing one another in the state championship. I hope this is just...
  14. P

2022 HS season

Elder wins 3-0. Who do they play?
  15. P

2022 Elder Volleyball

Thoughts on the matchup with Sycamore?