Recent content by phil96

1. P

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

https://resources.catholicaoc.org/download/432/beacons-of-light/38753/pastors_020122-2.pdf Here it is.
  2. P

According to a friend who works in one of the merged parishes the pastor will be Matthew Robben. Fr. Tony at St. Catharine and Fr. Terry at St. Martin will remain.
  3. P

The whole process comes across as somewhat lazy on the AOC's part. In Chicago they did things very differently with their "Renew My Church" process. There they grouped parishes into larger groupings and had parishioners pick the best scenarios for what the future would look like. This process...
  4. P

I think OLL and Antoninus have a lot going for them in that their churches are newer and probably require less maintenance. St. Aloysius has the newest church of the northern group of parishes. St. Martin is massive and I’m sure costs a ton to maintain. St. Catharine definitely has maintenance...
  5. P

Which two do you think are the weakest? I suspect we’ll end up with either St. Catharine or Martin plus probably at least initially both St. Antoninus and Lourdes. Not so sure about St. Aloysius. Almost certain major school consolidation will happen. Other groupings seem easier. The Price Hill...
  6. P

Here you go. I’ll do them one by one.
  7. P

Here’s the draft
  8. P

This is totally true. Of course what will also happen will be for new parishes to have pressure from the archdiocese to reduce expenses. If the archdiocese only assigns a new parish two priests then they can only have 6 masses per Sunday. It’s pretty clear that closing campuses will happen due...
  9. P

Elder Enrollment Strategy

Most of the debt for parishes in the archdiocese comes from two places. Either subsidies to schools or parishes not paying their assessment. The “current realities report” on the beacons of light website is very helpful in this matter. As you can see, about 20% of parishes are running deficits...
  10. P

Mostly from the school. There are like 150 students right now and it’s bleeding money. It should’ve closed 20 years ago but they’ve been propping it up. The buildings also have required a ton of maintenance.
  11. P

It’s not split. The parish gets everything. The issue is that most of these distressed parishes owe a ton of money to the Archdiocese. St. Catharine for example owes at least 2.5 million. So when the building is sold the archdiocese gets paid first for any debt owed and then you end up with...