Recent content by MINFAN

1. M

Strasburg Head Coaching position

True, however, the freshmen played less than 1/2 of their scheduled games the last 2 years and had 5 or 6 players at each game. The numbers are down.
  2. M

Strasburg Head Coaching position

I don't know what the guy did for sure but I hope the real truth comes out and he gets the just punishment. With that aside, let's talk basketball. he is a mediocre coach at best. He had 2 winning seasons in 9 years at Minerva and those were with the same team 2 years in a row and that team was...
  3. M

2022 EBC

Not a whole lot to argue with this statement. We need to play teams similar to us in every sport. For example, Louisville turned their sports programs around a few decades ago by getting out of the Federal League and joining the NBC. Rick Crislip would not have been the successful coach in...
  4. M

Minerva vs West Branch Preview

It will be ugly tonight. But there is some hope on the horizon. I know this doesn't guarantee a good high school team but Minerva's 7th and 8th grade teams are really good. I believe the 7th grade beat WB 40-0 and 8th grade beat WB 36-8 this week and had similar scores with Carrollton last...
  5. M

Minerva cancels Week 3 Game due to Covid

The Minerva program needs a complete overhaul and this years team is not good , that's not a secret. but this game was canceled because Covid is real, kids are sick and could not practice all week and most are still sick. BL was told early enough in the week so they could find a new opponent...
  6. M

Minerva Applicants

I still have not seen a formal announcement about this hire. Seems like there was a lot of buzz about it and now nothing..
  7. M

Minerva Applicants

Exactly! Rome wasn’t built in a day and we hope we have the right architect to build the program from the ground up. I personally don’t expect much next season but hopefully we see some improvement in year 2. There is just not much talent until grades 7,8 and 9 are at the varsity level. Step 1-...
  8. M

Minerva Applicants

If it were me, my motives would be to come home to be closer to his family and coach my alma-mater. I can't speak for him but I think most people would consider moving home if given the opportunity. I think he graduated n 82 or 83 so he is probably not using Minerva as a steppng stone to another...
  9. M

Minerva Applicants

I think he have to be living on another planet if he doesn't understand what he is getting into. That may be one of the things that attracted him to the job.
  10. M

Minerva Applicants

There are quality coaches in Minerva, there are good athletes in Minerva. If the right coach is in place the program can be competitive again. It may take a couple of years and the new coach has to be almost as good as a politician and saleman as he is a coach. It is probably the hire that...
  11. M

The Official 2021 EBC football thread

I truly admire the boys that play in Minerva. They really do give their all on Friday nights and I really don't mean any disrespect towards those boys. But this year's team was the worst one they had since this 3-67 record started 7 years ago. They may have been able to schedule down and been...
  12. M

You are exactly 100% correct. It will have to be an unqualified younger coach that will have to grow with along with the program. 3 years ago the program was in a different place with a very talented sophomore class. The job was much more appealling because it was expected that we would improve...
  13. M

Great news about your son and others working out and preparing for next season. We do have a lot of good coaches who care about the program and the kids. Some of the coaches were very good players here at Minerva and we need them. I am not questioning that. However, we need somebody leading...
  14. M

Yes- everyone you mentioned cares, or at least seems to care. The community is all in for sure. We have some very successful programs so the Minerva kids are dedicated and the families care as a whole.That tells me that football can be competitive. To be brutally honest - We probably hired the...
  15. M

Wb had a lot of great teams in the 90s, back when the nbc was loaded. Didn’t they make a pretty deep run a couple years after the championship? Back when there were less divisions so it was harder to win playoff games. To put the 2020 team the same category as some of those teams seems a...