Recent content by kingpin2010

1. K

D7 R25 2024

Per the other thread, looks like McDonald picked up Clearview for week 3. Looks like a good test as Clearview knocked out Norwayne last year in the postseason before losing to South Range. Any of our R25 westerners have any insight to what the Clippers will look like in 2024?
  2. K

D7 R25 2024

The problem is that R26 already has 33 in their region, more than R25. Obviously that could change with some being bumped up or some R26 schools being shifted south.
  3. K

D7 R25 2024

I think it is much more likely than not that Dalton is D6 next year. I also think there is a good chance Danville is shifted to another region as more NE Ohio schools look to be dropping than moving up. With Lucas and St. Paul appearing to have a lot to replace, the region could very well be...
  4. K

Would anyone step up to D1

It’s on their website, Fall and Winter sports divisions will be approved at the OHSAA April BoD meeting which occurs on April 25th.
  5. K

Would anyone step up to D1

Perry beat Kirtland last year pretty soundly 24-6 in the regular season.
  6. K

D7 R25 2024

There's not likely enough schools switching to 8-man to really make a difference, we are talking a handful of schools at most. D7 already had more schools than D6 as is last year and the trend is for the cutoff to lower each cycle as I believe the overall ohio student aged population shrinks.
  7. K

D7 R25 2024

It'll be interesting to see where the cutoff ends up. If it drops again to the 110 range, then the monster out in the western part of the state may get bumped up
  8. K

D7 R25 2024

Didn't see those numbers were released. Just briefly looking through the region teams, here are those that increased enrollment that may be bumped to D6: -Dalton's enrollment increased by 6 -Springfield's increased by 10 -Toronto's increased by 9 Here are D6 schools that may be bumped down...
  9. K

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

He is an assistant basketball coach at McDonald.
  10. K

D7 R25 2024

I think trying to find correlation between having a youth program vs. not is a fools errand. There are programs that have been elite like Kirtland and South Range that have youth programs. I do know that the downturn in success/numbers for McDonald correlated almost directly to a time the...
  11. K

Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Kuntz has returned to HS coaching this year....as an assistant basketball coach
  12. K

D7 R25 2024

I understand he teaches at Leetonia and had success there before, but leaving a school he was 12-8 over the last 2 years for one that went 0-20 with just a handful of non-running clock games seems crazy. Good on him for trying to revive the Bears program
  13. K

D7 R25 2024

Should be noted that since we are heading into an even year, there will be new enrollment numbers along with competitive balance numbers. These years generally see the most changing of divisions/regions. With the region being so expansive already, given the changes we may see some of the western...
  14. K

MVAC Scarlet Tier 2024

McDonald will likely not be "young" for the first time in a while in the upcoming season. The skill players in the sophomore class (Zajack, Perry, Miller) had very solid years and there was some juniors as well that improved and will have a lot of experience under their belts. The Blue Devils...
  15. K

NE8 2023

Most of the local schools in the area are all starting to join a singular league that has different divisions. Girard, Niles, and Hubbard are the ones not in this league https://www.eoyfl.com/teams