Recent content by jjnaaa

1. J

SWO Transfer News

I wouldn't say he wants to drag him off. The family wouldn't move, he would go to a prep school. He has a brother heading into 8th grade next year. Word is some of the schools recruiting him think it would be good for him to go to a prep school and practice against better competition, but...
  2. J

SWO Transfer News

He moved out of Winton Woods this year and into Lebanon.
  3. J

SWO Transfer News

I don't believe so. It would be a big shock to those within the program if that were true.
  4. J

SWO Transfer News

I think Dad would prefer a prep school, but Mom wants him to stay at home.
  5. J

SWO Transfer News

Correct. He will either be at a prep school or back at Lebanon from what I'm hearing. If it was completely up to him, he would be back at Lebanon at least next year to play with incoming freshman Jayshawn Coffey (top 20 8th grader in the country).
  6. J

Who wins D2?

Did any of you commenting actually watch the game? Alter plays a passive 1-2-2 full court press and a 2-3 zone. Neither of those defenses are prone to fouling. Maysville rarely, if ever, threw the ball into the paint. They took 38 three point shots. Many of them from beyond the college...
  7. J

R4 Final Centerville vs Moeller

As has been stated in an earlier post, the travel in question was not in the video posted. Nobody should be saying Powell traveled. The play being debated occurs about 5-10 seconds before the clip begins. The player with the ball that bumps into the screener and falls off balance. I repeat...
  8. J

Who wins D2?

Greer's final four options are the NBL, NC State, UC, and Penn State. I wouldn' t quite call those high major programs in terms of pedigree. Yes, they are in high major conferences, but they all typically finish in the bottom half of their league. Michigan and Florida were the only two...
  9. J

Springboro seeks 7th Coach in 10 years

Let me clarify my comment. My post was in the midst of postseason. In my opinion, most coaches in D1 will only go as far as their talent will take them in the postseason no matter how great of a coach they are. They can certainly keeps things close and win some games they shouldn't during the...
  10. J

Springboro seeks 7th Coach in 10 years

I think it is fair to say that all the coaches in Division 1 are only as good as their talent.
  11. J

SWOH D1 Thread

I'm guessing Lebanon doesn't have a lot of experience throwing lobs, which could be the reason for poor execution.
  12. J

GCL Co-ed 2023-24

Junior High and Freshmen tournaments are done in almost every league in the area. For that matter, name me a league in the world, other than soccer, that doesn't have an end-of-the-season tournament for their division. It doesn't necessarily indicate future success in the big schools, but it...
  13. J

ECC 23-24

He was arguing for an intentional foul, not a shooting foul. The technical didn't hurt Goshen score-wise because the Little Miami player missed both free throws. Little Miami's advantage was not having to rebound a missed free throw and getting the ball at half-court instead of in the backcourt.
  14. J

GCL Co-ed 2023-24

The Alter Boys Basketball program team tweeted out congratulations to the teams.
  15. J

Rumor about 6-7 divisions in basketball

I find it interesting that the proposal states, "each year, the Board of Directors would still have final authority in determining how many divisions to be used that school year."