Recent content by IKS

1. I

Cincinnati Job Openings

You stoke it, then bring up Elder. Seek help.
  2. I

Beacons of light and closing/consolidating of parishes

Also, Oak Hills does not offer all day kindergarten. Now with EdChoice, more folks may want that option if it is paid for.
  3. I

This statement was included due to early-on concerns within the St. Dominic parish family regarding the family's ability to support 2 schools. Of particular concern was the future of St. Dominic school since its enrollment lagged Victory's. This concern and subsequent rumors were circulating in...
  4. I

That billboard is located on one of the 3 major arteries of commuter traffic to downtown Cincinnati from the westside. The other 2 arteries have billboards also (Glenway and River road being the others). In the past, Victory has used all three. The billboard companies have placed these...
  5. I

We've discussed this before, but comparisons to the 90's (or earlier when enrollment was 1200) are not apples to apples. Class sizes are smaller now (and demanded based on market and parent expectations), some rooms that were general classrooms in the past are now specialty rooms. For example...
  6. I

Elder Enrollment Strategy

There has been a mean-spirited attempt to degrade Seton for a while now. For example, a hot rumor was being spread that Seton was losing their accreditation , or had lost it. Nothing could be further from the truth. In response, Seton has now included their accreditation marker prominently on...
  7. I

Elder Enrollment Strategy

6 out of 600? I wouldn't use that data as validation of your assumption. A certain amount of turnover happens at every school for various reasons. We discussed this ad nauseam last time, so make a rebuttal, but I promise not to reply to it.
  8. I

Please see posts 609 thru 617 and post 635.
  9. I

Many people do not like their children in a catholic environment.
  10. I

2023 Elder Freshman Football

I was fortunate enough to be able to view a video of the last play. I watched it 4 or 5 times...it was a religious experience...;)
  11. I

Good report. WR was Walpole. Andriacco was flushed from the pocket and made a perfect throw on the run about one yard before the line of scrimmage. Walpole was running a cross pattern and made eye contact with Andriacco during the scramble. Andriacco motioned to him to adjust his route to a deep...
  12. I

it's clear you are a troll looking for anything to argue about. Give it a little time. They're trying to assess 85 kids...isn't that what you've always clamored for?
  13. I

Are you a true West Sider??

I'm not certain, but I think each levy is voted on to raise a certain amount of money. I'm not sure if increased assessments means a windfall. Any experts on levies care to give an opinion on this?
  14. I

Are you a true West Sider??

dominic had an extensive program to install room air conditioners over the past few years, also in the process of installing ac in gym.