Recent content by Hurriswami

1. H

2023 Football

Congrats to those honored with selection to the OPSWA Southwest All District Football Teams. Jordan Marshall won Division 1 POY for the second time in a row. 1st Team: Matt Ponatoski, QB (Soph), Marshall, RB (Sr.), Jovan Love, WR (Jr.), Kyler Paul, LB (Sr.), Karson Hobbs, CB (Sr.), Drew...
  2. H

2023 Football

*second 2nd Team GCL: Titus Land, OG/OC (Jr.) Marty Adkins, OT (Jr.) Christian Harris, DE (Soph.) Lucas Stuerenberg, DT (Jr.) Connor Cuozzo, LB (Soph.) Nick Leonard, CB (Sr.) This was far and away the most players honored on a single team, as well as the most underclassmen on a single team...
  3. H

2023 Football

A big congratulations to the players honored yesterday with the release of the All-GCL teams. GCL Co-Player of the Year: Jordan Marshall, RB (Sr.) Coach of the Year: Bert Bathiany Back of the Year: Marshall TE of the Year: Eli Jacon Duffy, TE (Sr.) LB of the Year: Kyler Paul, LB (Sr.) DB...
  4. H

2023 Football

I expect the Elder game to be very similar to this past week. Competitive, but I think Moe secures a lead throughout. Elders O can be pretty sneaky and scheme up playcalls to expose holes in opposing Ds for big gains. BUT I think we have enough speed in the secondary to cover their guys...
  5. H

2023 Football

I really thought the constant subs on D would end with Elder stepping down, but it continues to go on despite negative results. I understand if there’s not a lot of returning production at certain positions, and you want to give everyone a shot to put together your best defense by the time the...
  6. H

2023 Football

The game Friday night at least gave us a clear understanding of what the depth chart looks like to at this early part of the season. As was previously mentioned, this is a young team that has some similarities to the 2021 squad that started many underclassmen. By my count, there’s 9 senior, 10...
  7. H

2023 Football

Prediction: Moeller takes down Ben Davis 34-10 to start what should be an exciting season. GBM!!!
  8. H

2023 Football

With the new defensive scheme in mind, here’s an updated early depth chart projection: DE: Nick Monahan/Dominic Valier NT: Lucas Stuerenberg/Christian Harris DE: Jewett Hayes/Will Adkins SLB: Kyler Paul MLB: Brody Foltz/Derrick Edwards WLB: Alex French CB: Karson Hobbs CB: Nick Leonard S: Drew...
  9. H

2023 Football

Considering new DC Nick Sharp’s history, it makes sense. He most recently was a defensive analyst for the UC Football program the past few years. In that time, they ran a 3-3-5 scheme that was shaped by former DC (now ND HC) Marcus Freeman’s influence. 3 down lineman, 3 linebackers, 2 safeties...
  10. H

2023 Football

Welp this aged poorly. I know this should be a thorough process to find someone who’s in it for the long haul (5+ years), but it seems by now they would know their final candidate considering rumors of them knowing their top two a week ago. This isn’t the NFL where you need to wait days on end...
  11. H

St. Xavier Football 2023

I think several fans/parents probably did reach out to complain all the travel this season. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the setup for a Centerville series was motivated by the intrigue of Chase Herbstreit, who at that point would be a senior QB with surely some D1 interest, play his fathers...
  12. H

2023 Football

If I had to guess, they’ll find their guy by the end of February.
  13. H

2023 Football

Sorry for spamming, but we’ve got two more additions to signing day. Alec Weeder, RB, has committed to Ohio Dominican and Ryan Mechley, WR, has committed to Mercyhurst. That makes 17 commits in the class of 2023, one of, if not the highest number of seniors playing college ball in Moeller history.
  14. H

2023 Football

I also think I should mention that junior TE Eli Jacon-Duffy has started to see his recruitment pick up with offers from Akron, Kent State, Bucknell, and Eastern Michigan. With the way it’s starting off for him, we might see yet another Power 5 player in the already star studded class of 2024...
  15. H

2023 Football

Congrats to the next slate of seniors who will be signing to play college football tomorrow. With tomorrows crop as well as the group from December, this makes 15 total seniors playing collegiate ball. 11 D1 commits, 4 FBS, 3 D2, and 1 D3. Cap Davis (CB): Committed to Brown Ethan Sweat (LB)...