Recent content by Growthegame

1. G

SoCal Cup National Showcase

Agree. I’m sure Vanguard will find guys again outside of central Ohio. Seems like they do each year. And after watching teams playing in central Ohio this year - junior class seems light in terms of high level guys.
  2. G

Libero from PA is a Junior. All rest of 18 team seniors.
  3. G

Zini from PA. 2 kids on 18s team from PA - libero going to UCLA and Zini - right side going to St Francis.
  4. G

They did. Was told final day they beat Bay to Bay top team, Balboa Bay top team, and Pac Rim. Over the 3 days the did not lose a game and only lost 2 sets total over the entire tourney. 3 players got all tourney team - Cole Young, Jonah Gilbert, and Nate Zini. From what I heard they were all...
  5. G

2021 State Tournament Results

That was definitely a highlight for me. Along with his fake swing on 2 only to set to hitter - fooled a couple folks on Moe who jumped to block him but his hitter wasn’t able to put it away.
  6. G

2021 State Tournament Results

Wow!!! That is coming off the day before against Jackson where he had 47 kills (not sure how many swings or errors - paper said 47 kills but watching that game I would guess around 100 swings). Would have loved to see him on fresh legs against Moeller as I heard his legs were sore Sunday going...
  7. G

All State Teams

My understanding is the coaches. Not sure if all coaches vote but they all get a vote from what I was told.
  8. G

All State Teams

Congrats to Jonah Gilbert and John Luers - well deserved. I think Luke Little deserved higher. I know this is based on school ball but what I saw from him in a couple games he was elite. Plus he (and Jonah Gilbert) both invited to the U19 USA Boys Youth National Training team this summer...