Recent content by Great Day

1. G

Ohio Heritage Conference 2024

Joe Eitel agrees, 9-5 since 2010. In 2010 Coach Buescher was in year 9 of his program as Forrest was getting his started. Once 2013 hit and both coaches only had kids coached by them it has been pretty even, 6-5 in favor of WJ. Looks like two great programs going back and fourth. 2010 - WJ 35-7...
  2. G

According to the great Joe Eitel Buescher Playoff Stats - 22 seasons- 15 playoff appearances - 29-15 52% - 3 Final Fours Forrest Playoff Stats - 14 Seasons - 11 Playoff appearances - 17-11 65% - 2 Final Fours I don't get to see many games anymore but I do like to help on info I can...
  3. G

Neal Kasner 1999-2005 Mike Owens 2006 Chris Kosierk (spelling?) 2007-2009 Kurt Forrest 2010 - Current Forrest never had the opportunity to coach any of the kids that were coached by Kasner due to the 4 year gap in between those two. He took over what the other two had done and left behind.
  4. G

Ohio Heritage Conference 2023

Rough weekend for the league. Hopefully WJ can keep the league alive going forward!
  5. G

Updated OHC North all time records and accomplishments Burg 27-8 ( 4-1, 3-2, 3-2, 5-0, 5-0, 4-1, 3-2) 2 out right Titles - 5 2nds WJ 26-9 ( 5-0, 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, 1-4, 4-1) 1 out right title - 3 shared titles - 2 2nds - 1 4th WLS 19-16 ( 3-2, 3-2, 4-1, 2-3, 1-4, 2-3, 4-1) 2 shared titles...
  6. G

100%, but even people/fans from their own communities will still fall into one of the two categories mentioned above of rose colored glasses or hoping/praying on the downfall. Most if not all people have at least a 51/49 lean one way or the other no matter how down the middle they may try to be...
  7. G

Lots of variables in HS sports, interesting to see that when some schools have people quit it's painted into a culture issue or the program is in decline but not if it's the home team of whoever the poster may cheer for. I suppose that's the beauty of rose colored glasses or just praying on/for...
  8. G

I won't get to attend a single game this year due to work and the new playoff schedule with all teams playing on Fridays but I follow along through the message boards and league websites best I can and try to contribute where I can. Owning the North got me thinking......who really does own the...
  9. G

Season has flown by! Good luck to all this week and into the playoffs!
  10. G

Seems like Burg has about the same kids as they usually do, just looks like the upper two grades happen to be low according to the OHC website. Am I missing something?
  11. G

Haven't made it out to spectate yet this year due to crazy work schedule but did some digging on the OHC website and thought this info would be handy to everyone when making your picks. Upperclassmen on each roster in the league..... Team - # of Juniors - # of Seniors - Total # of Upper...
  12. G

Rice being the leading rusher and passer for Greenon was problematic for them, lacked balance on O that could've made Rice much tougher to stop. Romero I'm sure was leading rusher and passer for 'Burg but that didn't seem to be problematic for them. They still achieved some sort of balance...
  13. G

Coach Steve Daulton out at Amanda-Clearcreek

Extremely hard worker, darn good coach, better man! He will land on his feet and continue a successful career!
  14. G

Weel 11 West Jefferson @ Newcomerstown

I understand not putting HS kids names out there but is there positions or #s you could use to be a little more specific. They must have been some big losses during the year to affect the the season in such a large way. Definitely not a typical year for WJ football. Thanks in advance!