Recent content by ESPN 990

1. E

St. Ignatius basketball 2023-2024

Broadcast their game last night versus Jackson. They were devastating. Friery was sensational, I get why so many Power Fives are recruiting him. Great handles and really runs the floor for a guy 6'10". Robinson was solid, and should make Cleveland State better in the front court. Well-coached...
  2. E

Saturday Updates 2/17 (23-24 Season)

Louisville 32 Lutheran East 22 5:05 2nd
  3. E

Huntington Prep 66 Richmond Hts 54 F
  4. E

Huntington Prep 48 Richmond Hts. 41 8:00 4th Darryn Peterson 23 pts
  5. E

St. Edward Eagles 2023-24

Any eyewitness accounts of the win against Brecksville? Also, will Scarpitti be back?
  6. E

2024 Massillon Tigers

Freddie Sr. was an absolute heat-seeking missile. Saw him play many times back in the day. A little undersized, but incredibly fast and hard hitting. Also saw him run on at least one state championship relay. Rare speed for a linebacker.
  7. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Hackleman is a resourceful receiver, and White in space out of the backfield could be a nightmare. But are there enough receivers in the pipeline to provide Csanyi the weapons needed to keep defenses honest? Any Mason-like athletes?
  8. E

2024 St. Edward Football

Not sure I'd agree, particularly the 2003-06 four-year stretch, coached by John Gibbons. They never got it done, but they were in the neighborhood, and getting closer. '03 team, of course, was state runner-up. '05 was a semifinalist. And the '06 team, whose premature exit to Warren got John...
  9. E

Mentor Football 2024

In the late 60's through early 70's -- Rick Galbos and Don Martin/Coach Dick Crum years -- Mentor was really good. I could easily be wrong, but it seem to my feeble memory that the gap from around then to the Triv years after he got established, were rather lean. Gosh, from "The Class" in 2003...
  10. E

2023 St. Edward Football

Brandon White was named Max Preps 1st Team Sophomore All-American. Just him and one other guy nationally in that class. Impressive. For a guy who wasn't the starter for much of the season, his rep is really growing Also, Michael Kilbane playing in the 1st Quarter of Northwestern's Las Vegas...
  11. E

2024 Massillon Tigers

Dorian Pringle MVP DaOne Owens Offensive POY Big Mike Wright and Chase Bond Co-Defensive POY DC Spencer Leno COY Cody Fair Lifter and Leadership Shon Robinson Character, Team Above Self, at least one other Evan Sirgo Leadership type awards, academic. From memory. Others feel free to fill in...
  12. E

2024 St. Ignatius Football

Aidan Hubbard has become a significant player on the NU defense, and Michael Kilbane will have played in the maximum number of games without burning a redshirt year. Najee Story from Solon is a stud on their d-line. Cleveland should be well-represented on the Northwestern defense the next few...
  13. E

2023 St. Edward Football

Just saw Brandon White was offered by Kent State yesterday, his first D1 offer. It'll be interesting to see how many he has about 18 months from now.
  14. E

Most Future NFL Players in an Ohio HS game.

Kelton Danzler played with Aaron Brown at OSU off the same WWR team as Jimmie Lee Browner. That era of Reserve and Harding, say '72-'75, had crazy talent between the schools. Imagine had they always been one school.
  15. E

Marion Local

I like your take. The guy who I think lives it out as a coach to a T but may never win a championship is Mike Elder of Avon, a D2 school. Will he defeat Hoban, Massillon or Toledo Central Catholic (if they go back to D2) so long as they remain committed to remaining closed enrollment. Yet were...