Recent content by E-Town

1. E

Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

I don't understand referees...no foul on Ignatious on the turnover at the end? I don't want the job, I don't think I could do a better job, but that was a tough game to watch.
  2. E

Saturday Updates 3/23 (23-24 Season)

Not a fan of the Cleveland big school Catholics, but this game was taken over by the refs in the second half. Delaware is a decent team, but the refs took Ignatious out of the game. What was the foul shot differential?
  3. E

The Massillon Effect

Naw, this was back in the 70's when HS sports was still competing with Pro and college sports for the entertainment dollar. Again, the sad thing is that Gramps behavior then was on the level of the Massilion fans of today. Out of touch adults fighting that the paper awards their high school...
  4. E

The Massillon Effect

My two cents from an area of football that was equal if not better than Massilon in many of the years where they "won" state championships...the rest of the state (well, not stuebenville) has moved on from the days of basing a town's worth on how their high school sports programs perform. I'm...
  5. E

Mentor Football 2024

The only way the first three would be considered a "loss" is if they went to Ed's or Ignatius instead of Lake. They were Catholic school kids who were never going to Mentor.
  6. E

Richmond Hts. 2023-2024 cleveland.com preview

Great post. Ruminating over a game is a thing of the past. When you water down tournaments and championships, the significance of the games, rivalries, etc goes away. Many fans are "championship" or bust types...they don't discuss their team unless they are competitive. So what's left...whine...
  7. E

Lake Catholic 2023-24

Curb stomped in all three games against NDCL! NDCL isn't that far ahead talent wise, but their kids looked so much better in the fundamentals.
  8. E

DIV STATE FINAL Glenville vs Alter

Ouch...you're right, I didn't even think about that.
  9. E

DIV STATE FINAL Glenville vs Alter

Perkins was lucky they got past St. Mary's.
  10. E

Marion Local Dominance

So did that coach make the parents raise their kids the right way starting in 99:rolleyes:? What were they doing before that?
  11. E

Marion Local Dominance

Ha, Ha so typical...so now we are not talking about an ML dynasty, but, but, but the MAC. Sooo, where was the MAC before the playoffs were watered down? Why didn't they have hard working kids a dynasty before that? I don't think Versailles was even in the MAC when they were winning most of their...
  12. E

Marion Local Dominance

So how were the ML youth being raised before the playoffs were watered down to 7 divisions? Or where they all playing for Versailles, St. Henry?
  13. E

Marion Local Dominance

Nope, they have certainly dominated a watered down playoff system. I mean you had to take it to 6 and 7 divisions before they "became a dynasty!"
  14. E

D I State Championahip: St. Edward vs Springfield Part 3

I agree...the more I watched the game and learned how things developed for Springfield over the season, the more impressed I was. The way the half ended turned out to be huge. Congrats to both teams...this was a great game to watch!
  15. E

D I State Championahip: St. Edward vs Springfield Part 3

But then how would teams like Massilon and Glenville finally get titles...and we would never get to know that only the MAC teams play disciplined, hard-nosed, superior "work ethic" football if the playoffs aren't watered down past three divisions.