Recent content by Don Flamenco

1. D

Region 4 Semi-Finals: Elder(10-2) vs. Lakota West(12-0)

If Elder wants to start trying to get a couple difference makers a year from CPS (and I have no idea if they do) one of the best ways to do that in my opinion would be to try and get someone on the staff who has ties to those schools and their youth programs. Obviously you would want someone who...
  2. D

Seton Soccer in State Final Four

Awesome! Congrats to Seton. The turnaround at that school has been amazing.
  3. D

That’s a shame. I remember Elder playing there a couple times in the 90s. Always enjoyed that stadium.
  4. D

I figured both were built around the same time. Didn’t realize Withrow was before.
  5. D

Withrow would be in my Top 3 with Elder and Middletown. Withrow always reminded me a little bit of Elder.
  6. D

2022 GCYL Football

Wow had no idea Victory was that big back then. I know they hit right around 800 for about 2-3 years in the late 90’s right before Rapid Run Middle opened.
  7. D

2022 GCYL Football

When I was in grade school in the late 80s early 90s I always heard it was over 1000. Could have been exaggerated a bit but they had a ton of kids. Before them wasn’t Williams (70s/early 80s) the really big grade school on the west side?
  8. D

2022 GCYL Football

Dominic was insane in the late 80s early 90s. They had to have gone several years in a row back around that time without losing a game on any level. That’s when they had well over 1000 kids.
  9. D

2022 GCYL Football

Man talk about dropping the ball. They had a nice program and solid numbers. Their current 7th grade was always really solid in football.
  10. D

2022 GCYL Football

It’s possible but I find it hard to believe that would be the case, especially for football and at a program like St John’s. Every program I’ve been around they’ve had to turn people away who wanted to coach. Granted a lot were players parents which can cause their own issues.
  11. D

2022 GCYL Football

Agree completely. It’s strange some of these programs have gone away unless it was at the direction of the local “feeder” high school. I don’t know what else it could be. For example, why in the world did St John’s Dry Ridge scrap their program? They always had good teams and their numbers...
  12. D

2022 GCYL Football

Not sure when/if the Victory kids will be back. I believe they were up to 4 starters out for last weeks game including their RB and QB.
  13. D

2022 GCYL Football

Correct.
  14. D

2022 GCYL Football

Their 5th and 6th grades are both really good and always have been. I’d be surprised if their best player, the 6th grade RB/LB doesn’t end up at Oak Hills though. I know X is already trying and hopefully Elder is as well.
  15. D

2022 GCYL Football

Not sure. Trying to hide overweight kids is ridiculous IMO.