Recent content by dograt

1. dograt

Most consecutive years winning over a single opponent

Milton-Union has won 29 straight over Northridge. 18 consecutive (2006-2023)
  2. dograt

2024 Three Rivers conference

You're showing your age...Olentangy is up to 4 high schools!
  3. dograt

Milton returns 7 starters on offense (lose 2 OL and 2 RB) and 9 on defense (lose 1 ILB and 1 DL). Their numbers were down last year, and may return to 50ish. Milton's biggest hurdle might be their schedule. They start @Versailles, @Valley View, H-Oakwood. They could start the league with little...
  4. dograt

initial enrollment numbers are out (before competitive balance) Bethel 243 Northridge 184 Miami East 162 Milton-Union 162 Covington 119 Riverside 93 Troy Christian 88 Lehman 62
  5. dograt

Competitive balance

I have no problem letting kids/families choose the school that fits their situation the best. I have a problem pretending that 300 boys at a private school is the same as 300 boys at a public school. Don't make divisions based on only one metric, and expect it to work when the metric is flawed.
  6. dograt

Competitive balance

My thoughts... CB is not a great theory, but it works as a way to solve the real problem. The real problem is that public schools have MANDATORY EDUCATION and privates do not. The kid who does nothing, often misses school, and has no hope of ever being eligible counts against the public school...
  7. dograt

I'm here. Just not much going on. 'Dogs had a young team last year, but return 8 on O and 9 on D. There is cause for optimism in West Milton.
  8. dograt

Average Tenure of Head Football Coach

Ohio teaching licenses are on a four-tier system. The first license is valid for four years, during which teachers must complete additional requirements for the second-tier license. The five-year professional license may be renewed once, but in order to keep teaching beyond 14 years, teachers...
  9. dograt

Many/most universities require the Masters to certify teachers, not the high school. In addition, State Law says teachers must have their masters by year 14 to continue teaching. Yes, you're correct, he's comparing completely different jobs with different requirements and wondering why they are...
  10. dograt

A big problem today summed up right here. The country wants our teachers to be professionals. It requires them to have a Master's degree in most instances. Then they don't compare them to other professions that need that level of education, they compare them to blue-collar jobs. they complain...
  11. dograt

Carlisle coach

So.....Carlisle hired a Carlisle alum who has been running the offense at a similar school and been successful. He hired coordinators also familiar with Carlisle, (who were the coordinators when he played) who were successful when they coached the first time around. Combine that with the recent...
  12. dograt

IUDOGS: 2023 - 2024 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

seriously? What happened to Bartlett?
  13. dograt

yes. confusing post to me.
  14. dograt

:unsure:
  15. dograt

Looks like the Bulldogs have a new offensive line coach