Recent content by Divided42

1. D

Next up: U17 world team trials

Hopefully Shapiro and Haines show up at trials, Marcus Blaze too. I honestly feel extremely confident in this year’s team. No NCAA all Americans but the field is absolutely littered with Cadet and Junior World medalists, that means more to me in a lot of cases than NCAA AAs. Some of these...
  2. D

2024 Olympic Team Trials

Probably don’t want to make weight the second day after they already lost.
  3. D

The Next GOAT

Next goat is easy, Amit Elor. Cadet World gold, 3x Junior World gold, 2x U23 Gold, and 2x World gold. And coming soon….Olympic gold.
  4. D

2024 Olympic Team Trials

Brooks is absolutely medaling. We’ll see about Zain, love him at 70 KG still wary of him being down at 65. Really excited to finally see Spencer in the Olympics, think he can give people problems. Congrats to Fowlerville Michigan, population 2,937, 2 Olympic trials champs in Greco, Roberts at...
  5. D

2024 Olympic Team Trials

Had the pleasure of meeting him a number of times, an absolutely great kid too. Still surprised he never did much on the senior level after winning Juniors twice.
  6. D

2024 Olympic Team Trials

Green gassing when down at 65 Kilos is an extremely smart bet. Great at 70, not big enough for 74, to much of a cut for 65, just a classic tweener. For all is international success at 70, he’s never won a match at trials at 65 in multiple attempts
  7. D

Bassett just teched former NCAA champ Ashnault

Man what a performance by Jax, jeez that kid is good and so fun to watch. Can’t wait for Trials to see the damage he does there, won’t be the last NCAA champ he beats this spring I’m betting. Shame Bassett didn’t get in with him. 57Kg is wide open, going to be a fun weight.
  8. D

New Numbers in 2024-2025

And have you ever seen Division 4 in Michigan wrestle? Really really low level of competition
  9. D

New Numbers in 2024-2025

That would be a game changer for sure.
  10. D

Ohio State at NCAAs

Did he though? This was a kid who teched his way to a Junior World title at what is always one of the most loaded weights, 74KGs. Despite his lowly recruiting status as a senior in high school, my expectation's were through the roof after that. We’ve certainly had more than our share of Junior...
  11. D

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 4 - Matt Ramos - PUR 133 - 6 - Vito Arujau - COR 141 - 8 - Sergio Lemley - MICH 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 3 - Meyer Shapiro - COR 165 - 2 - Mitchell Mesenbrink - PSU 174 - 9 - Carter Starocci - PSU 184 - 5 - Lenny Pinto - NEB 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 10 - Lucas Davison - MICH
  12. D

Possible High Schools for 8th Grade OAC JH State Placers - 2024

Guy Sako is the longtime Westshore head coach, where almost all the St Ed’s kids come from, and father of current St Ed’s assistant Gus Sako. In the interview with Zeb he says both Schork and Whitely are going to St Ed’s. In the interview with Whitely, he confirms he’s going to St Ed’s and says...
  13. D

St. Edward 2024-25

Schork was JH runner up at 90 last year to Bickerton. Whitely was JH Champ 2 years ago at 84. Both seem to be at 108 at this weekend’s JH State. 108 seems to lead me to believe 106 will be a tough cut by this time next year, but both would beat McLaughlin imo.
  14. D

Division II Team Race?

23 straight is incredible and something hardly any high school program in any sport of any size has ever done. Especially for a small public school in the middle of farm country.
  15. D

Division II Team Race?

Don’t believe Winemiller or Crooks or JH champs yet, that may(probably?) change this weekend though. But yeah that’s what I’m talking about. How many of Crooks, Winemiller, Souders, Hoke, and Stull can they fit in the lineup. Not enough spots for all of them seemingly. Also for returners don’t...