Recent content by Denizen

1. D

Conferences for 2023-24 Season

Licking County League (11) Buckeye - Watkins Memorial, Licking Heights, Licking Valley, Granville, Zanesville (Mt. Vernon joining in 2024) Cardinal - Newark Catholic, Heath, Hebron Lakewood, Johnstown, Northridge, Utica Crossover games count in standings, standings kept separately
  2. D

IUDOGS: 2022 - 2023 Ohio High School Head Football Coaching Changes

Obviously there's another side to the story, but how is Clear Fork going to do better than him given the way he was fired?
  3. D

Girls Basketball Team Numbers

I think an issue is the fact that basketball only plays 5 players, rotation of 8 or 9, and for a lot of kids, they see that they won't get onto a varsity court so they aren't going to go through such a long season without ever getting to play a serious role. Many schools are offering more sports...
  4. D

Coaching Openings

Galion is open. Shani Rush has resigned per twitter
  5. D

Division Breakdowns

Guessing that would reflect the generally declining population in the state.
  6. D

Ms Basketball and All State teams????

MCGAL--great post. Lots and lots of great players in Ohio, and those three stood out. All deserving. Greenday--one possible solution is to wait and do the voting after the tournament. I'm not sure I see the logic in these awards being regular season awards. The tournament separates players and...
  7. D

Coaching Openings

Wow...any insights on this?
  8. D

Zach Fleer of 270 hoops is crying a river. It's really time for all these media types to be objective in their voting though. Everyone is just hyping up the local kids without seeing the whole field. Example--Kettering Alter had ONE player get all state recognition, on 3rd team. They lost one...
  9. D

KK Bransford was named D1 player of the year today on the official ballots. BIG RUSS GONNA BE PISSED (if you know, you know)
  10. D

Coaching Openings

Central Ohio... Cardington-Lincoln (already hired asst coach) Scioto Olentangy Hilliard Bradley Pick North
  11. D

Division II Sweet 16

This is 100% correct. Alter was the better team that night, but they were clearly the two best teams in the state. With Badin close behind them.
  12. D

Division II Sweet 16

I'm not trying to be upset, don't really have skin in the game but yes, they missed a travel and an over and back on that last Sheridan possession, but I think maybe it worked out in Norton's favor that they didn't call it and just got the turnover. Again, missed free throws were really the...
  13. D

Division II Sweet 16

It was very close but I don't think the scoreboard clock means anything. I don't think any replay was really definitive; whatever they called on the floor should have stood IMO. I don't know if you're saying that Norton's best 3 players played "well below average" in this game but I would beg to...
  14. D

Division II Sweet 16

Also, I've seen some video with the ball being released on that buzzer beater pretty much simultaneously as buzzer went off. Hard to believe they overturned the call after looking at it for like 2 seconds (much respect, Big Ten refs would have looked at it for an hour). It was a fantastic...
  15. D

Division II Sweet 16

That was a great game but Alter is prohibitive favorite in my mind. I wasn't surprised at all by their semi-final beatdown.