CoachHoversten's latest activity

• C
    Some of the tournaments I work have a disclaimer that if an ejection is deemed “malicious” it could result in a suspension for the teams...
  • C
    CoachHoversten replied to the thread Ask The Ump?.
    I just saw the video, R2 definitely did not touch third and based on HPU standing there long after run scored, it was obvious he saw it...
  • C
    AS12, you know your stuff but passing and being put out are two very different things. I know this is from NCAA but read this rule...
    • 87823BE7-A1A3-4066-82FE-BF1C981302BC.jpeg
  • C
    When a batter commits INT, they are ALWAYS the person who is out unless the runner is thrown out despite the INT. Batter out, runner...
  • C
    What a fantastic scenario!! Honestly, that’s a barn burner, never heard this scenario before. First, a walk is a base award. It is the...
  • C
    To add my 2 cents... 1) The key word in AS12's post and rule cite is "COMPLETELY"...many people do not realize this, if even one cleat...
  • C
    I actually just had an interesting conversation with a colleague about this very video. He asked me what I thought the solution was...I...
  • C
    I hope I don’t upset AS12, bc this isn’t a question, but here is a thought/idea for people who love baseball and care about not having...
  • C
    My son (freshman) has had 2 games cancelled for no umpire. May not sound like a ton but they’ve had about 746 cancelled due to...
  • C
    No, you’re only getting the batter-runner if he deviated his path to initiate contact. A runner must avoid a fielder who is fielding...
  • C
    It is unusual and doesn’t happen often, but it is possible to have RLI on a ball hit to SS or 3B. Consider a throw by F5/6 that is to...
  • C
    I agree with you, I too was speaking about arguing/disputing calls. Early in my college umpiring career, someone told me “those d3 and...
  • C
    1. No, we do not “have to” move. Good umpires are astute to the situation and while 95% of the time, I will move, I will not move out...
  • C
    Oops, sorry AS, I replied before reading your response to him
  • C
    It was a 10u game man, who cares if they got run ruled. If those kids are playing for anything other than having fun and some basic...