Recent content by CatDog

1. CatDog

Week 11: D4, R13 - Poland v East Liverpool

Well, since no one cares much about this one, I hope both teams play hard and come out healthy. Go Dogs!
  2. CatDog

2023 Division IV Poll Voting Discussion (Final Week)

I figured the head-to-head for Poland, WB, and Canfield was factored into your thinking but even I have to admit that WB is still a solid contender in D4R13. Also, quite honestly, I don't know a lot about many teams from the Columbus area and south. But, Canton South is still 10-0. I watched...
  3. CatDog

2023 Division IV Poll Voting Discussion (Final Week)

I would swap West Branch and Poland and it seems like Canton South and Streetsboro should be a little higher, but I agree otherwise.
  4. CatDog

Week 11: D4, R13 - Poland v East Liverpool

The Bulldogs will be hosting the Potters for round one action. The teams have only met twice before in 2006 and 2007 with the Bulldogs coming away with two decisive victories. What can the Dogs expect from the Potters who have really turned it around under their new head coach?
  5. CatDog

Rivalry week: Struthers @ Poland

Credit to both teams. Great game.
  6. CatDog

Week 9: NE8 Battle of the Bulldogs - Lakeview at Poland

We talked about the last couple Lakeview games and they have played Poland tough a few times of late. Last year ended up 9-0 and was just a strange game for a number of reasons. It seems like the weather will be decent but cold Friday. Poland still has those moments where the offense sputters...
  7. CatDog

Week 9: NE8 Battle of the Bulldogs - Lakeview at Poland

I don't know how much traction this will get as I don't recall anyone from Lakeview on here. But, we'll see. Poland has two straight wins after stumbling with SR and came away from Girard on top in arguably the most exciting game of the season. Can they keep it going against an improved...
  8. CatDog

Week 8: Poland at Girard

He is supposed to practice today or tomorrow and they expect him to play. How much the injury affects him is yet to be seen. They still have one receiver out on suspension, I believe.
  9. CatDog

Heard today from a Girard dad that their QB is injured and they will be running a wildcat with Sims. It will be interesting but I agree that the Dogs should be okay.
  10. CatDog

Didn't realize he left that early. I guess I was groggy when I was watching the replay Friday night.
  11. CatDog

I saw that he left the SR game late but haven't heard anything since. He is dangerous and there aren't many that can keep up with him in the open field. Assuming the Dogs D get their hands on him, can he take that much contact. It's been an issue in the past.
  12. CatDog

Another huge conference game for both teams heading into the final stretch of the season. This game is potentially a clash of styles and defense may be optional. Can the Dogs slow down the Girard offense? Can they avoid those occasional scoring droughts? Lots on the line.
  13. CatDog

Poland vs Niles

Good game last night. It was obvious a couple key Dragons were limited by injury and, yeah, there were some surprising drops. I have to ask, though, what the heck was the fight between the players about? I imagine it was just pride and frustration and someone said something but I couldn't...
  14. CatDog

Poland vs South Range

Credit to SR. They are well coached and played tough tonight. Could talk about a lot of things Poland did and didn't do but SR was the better team. No excuses. On to Niles.
  15. CatDog

Poland vs South Range

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics." 🙄